Hi all,

As some are aware from another thread I have started, I am working to deal with a mess of my own making regarding backups.

Like a fool I bought an SD card recently but never got around to backing up my BlackBerry 10 devices.

Is it fairly straight forward to use and back up contacts, calendar and photos?

I just pop it in and than what would I do?

Thanks for any assistance for this fool!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-19 02:01 AM
    You need to go into the file manager, select the files/folders you want to back up, select copy from the menu then navigate to the SD card and paste them into the folder of your choice.

Once you insert the SD card and it is formatted, the next time you take a picture the phone will ask you if you want to save pictures to it instead of the phone. I always do this, as provided you don't encrypt the card you can just take it out of the phone and copy its contents to a computer for backup purposes.

If you prefer you can connect the phone to a computer and do these operations in the my computer file manager.

Posted via CB10 using my Classic running 10.3.3.3216
    09-05-19 04:12 AM
    Hi all,

As some are aware from another thread I have started, I am working to deal with a mess of my own making regarding backups.

Like a fool I bought an SD card recently but never got around to backing up my BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    Best thing to do is spend a few dollars on Ultimate Backup.

http://runisoft.com/index.php?option...=78&Itemid=485

But don't forget to make your backup to the cloud too, in case you lose your phone or the SD card fails.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-05-19 07:46 AM
    The worse part of the current backup situation is that BB10 has NO built-in native backup.

So once the phone is wiped or resetted, any BB10 backup application would have to be reinstalled first, in order for the backed up information to be recovered.

That works as long as these backup applications are available via BBW, but this is going to pose an issue after BBW shuts down, which is supposed to happen any time now.

I already contacted the makers of Ultimate Backup, to see if they would offer any version that can be installed without BBW, but no response.

I have also tried Android based backups (that could easily be reinstalled after phone wipe/reset), but have yet to find one that works for backing up anything else than files and contacts. I was suggested to use 'Ghost Commander', but other for contacts backup, I could not figure out how to use it for backing up anything else.
    Last edited by WES51; 09-05-19 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Corrected my first sentence.
    09-05-19 09:26 AM
    The worse part of the current backup situation is that there is BB10 has built-in native backup.

So once the phone is wiped or resetted, any BB10 backup application would have to be reinstalled first, in order for the backed up information to be recovered.

That works as long as these backup applications are available via BBW, but this is going to pose an issue after BBW shuts down, which is supposed to happen any time now.

I already contacted the makers of Ultimate Backup, to see if they would offer any version that can be installed without BBW, but no response.

I have also tried Android based backups (that could easily be reinstalled after phone wipe/reset), but have yet to find one that works for backing up anything else than files and contacts. I was suggested to use 'Ghost Commander', but other for contacts backup, I could not figure out how to use it for backing up anything else.
    That's why people should always use the cloud for contacts, calendar, email, documents, notes, media, etc.
    09-05-19 09:50 AM
    That's why people should always use the cloud for contacts, calendar, email, documents, notes, media, etc.
    The cloud is not for everyone. There are safety, privacy and desaster continuity concerns.
    Also, most people seem to forget that the 4th amendment does not apply outside of one's home.
    09-05-19 10:03 AM
    The cloud is not for everyone. There are safety, privacy and desaster continuity concerns.
    Also, most people seem to forget that the 4th amendment does not apply outside of one's home.
    It's as safe as you make it. Accounts can be encrypted and password protected.
    09-05-19 10:39 AM
    By that account the internet isn't for everyone either...
    09-06-19 03:29 PM
    By that account the internet isn't for everyone either...
    You could be right!

Posted via CB10 using my Classic running 10.3.3.3216
    09-07-19 04:23 AM
    Best thing to do is spend a few dollars on Ultimate Backup.

http://runisoft.com/index.php?option...=78&Itemid=485

But don't forget to make your backup to the cloud too, in case you lose your phone or the SD card fails.
    The file system screws up. MicroSD cards don't physically fail as easily unless it gets chipped or corroded (unlikely to happen), or burned.

Typed on my blackberry classic with 10.3.3-latest on freedom mobile HSPA+
    09-07-19 10:09 PM
    Hi all,

Posted via CB10
    Hey curves,

I'd second conite (let's everyone pause for a second and appreciate this moment) on Ultimate Backup. You can also use Sachesi, DBBT, or Link to back up your contacts and other data (all of which are native Windows/Mac applications and are thus unaffected by Blackberry World's shutdown).

With that said, you can also back up your BBW apps, including Ultimate Backup, individually using that software, so you could conceivably restore Ultimate Backup only then use it to restore your data from the SD card.
    saint300 likes this.
    09-09-19 03:02 PM
    Hey curves,

I'd second conite (let's everyone pause for a second and appreciate this moment) on Ultimate Backup.
    It’s snowing in Florida @conite
    09-09-19 05:09 PM
    It’s snowing in Florida @conite
    And there's a hurricane in Nova Scotia.
    09-09-19 05:11 PM
    And there's a hurricane in Nova Scotia.
    Let's not forget the 90 degree balmy weather at McMurdo in Antarctica.

Don't worry though; until Google/TCL is able to brainwash me into using GooBerrys we can be certain hell has not frozen completely over.
    saint300 likes this.
    09-09-19 05:14 PM