Dear crackberrians I need your help.
    I’ve bought new z10 online, along the phone came ordinary screen protector, I took it to the store to put it properly, thing is it does not have any apertures for camera or anything it is just a plain to the screen protector.
    Now the problem, whenever I make a phone call the screen does not go off and the screen is on during the call, so that you may accidentally push the screen. This mostly happens when I make phone calls or bbm calls; strangely whenever I make whatsapp call screen immediately goes off as it should do. It is the third day I am using the phone, the first day I made all the available updates now it has newest bb 10.3.3
    Strange thing is that sometimes screen goes off during the phone call, but then other time it does not. I have checked it with BBVE test, proximity sensor works all the time without problem. What could be the problem screen protector or something else?
    10-27-19 11:57 AM
    Dear crackberrians I need your help.
    I’ve bought new z10 online, along the phone came ordinary screen protector, I took it to the store to put it properly, thing is it does not have any apertures for camera or anything it is just a plain to the screen protector.
    Now the problem, whenever I make a phone call the screen does not go off and the screen is on during the call, so that you may accidentally push the screen. This mostly happens when I make phone calls or bbm calls; strangely whenever I make whatsapp call screen immediately goes off as it should do. It is the third day I am using the phone, the first day I made all the available updates now it has newest bb 10.3.3
    Strange thing is that sometimes screen goes off during the phone call, but then other time it does not. I have checked it with BBVE test, proximity sensor works all the time without problem. What could be the problem screen protector or something else?
    Might be something messed up somewhere within the OS itself. Being you're just set up and don't have much of anything on the device yet, I'd flash it with the latest autoloader.
    Which variant of the Z10 do you have?
    STL100-?

Posted via CB10
    crberryy likes this.
    10-28-19 09:29 AM
    stl100-2 it is, I am not that teck-savvy so unforotunately I can't autoload os, I can only update it via bb link or from the phone itself. What else can I do to make it work?
    10-28-19 05:42 PM
    stl100-2 it is, I am not that teck-savvy so unforotunately I can't autoload os, I can only update it via bb link or from the phone itself. What else can I do to make it work?
    You don't need to be at all techy to run an autoloader.
    Just download the file to your PC, unzip it using 7-Zip or equivalent, plug in your phone and run the file.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!c8xlxYjT!sEGOs4FCL...dccobt_Bem-FcY

Posted via CB10
    10-28-19 07:49 PM
    A monkey on a rock could run the autoloader. Seriously, it's an easy process and even if you screw up it's easy to make it right.

Posted via CB10
    Ben xfg and m3ach like this.
    10-28-19 08:29 PM
    Thank you guys for advice, but before I embark on autoloading OS, what else I can try within the OS to tweak or try something.
    10-29-19 03:15 PM
    Thank you guys for advice, but before I embark on autoloading OS, what else I can try within the OS to tweak or try something.
    How well did it work BEFORE you put the screen protector on it? Maybe remove it and try it out? Other than that, the digitizer/screen maybe faulty. Sorry, that's all I've got.
    10-29-19 03:56 PM
    My Passport does this and it is because the light and distance sensor is broken. By adding a screen protector you've likely done the same sort of thing. For your Z10, because it's new, it's probably not permanently broken, you've just basically confused this sensor.

I'd suggest taking the screen protector off and using a pouch for the phone instead. Search for 'Genuine BlackBerry Z10 Pouch' on Amazon or Google and you should find one pretty cheap. They are great, I use a redone with my Z10, and have a magnet in that puts the phone to sleep and saves you battery.

Or use the phone naked. I've bee using the Passport without a case for years and the screen is in great condition. The Z10 is pretty rugged so your screen protector isn't going to help much more if you drop it. Just don't put it in your pocket with keys or change!

Another way to get around this (this is what I have to do on my Passport which has a properly broken sensor) is to just remember to press the On/Off button when you put the phone to your ear.

Posted via CB10
    crberryy likes this.
    10-30-19 05:54 AM