Username checks out.

Mobile-friendly websites are long overdue.
    That doesn't help when the fate of the browser is tied to the fate of the platform; as time passes the gulf between the BB10 browser and the two standard bearers of mobile browsing (Chrome and Safari) increases. It might have been a selling point in 2012-13, but new and improved standards don't make their way to some platform left in the dust long ago.

As a measure of standards compliance the Passport running 10.3.3.2205 scores 395/555 on html5test.com, while a Samsung S8+ running Chrome Stable scores 520/555 on the same test.
    Laura Knotek, TGR1 and BigBadWulf like this.
    07-19-17 04:12 PM
    i'm so sick of this ***** bank.
    this bank is not to be trusted. ten plus years i've battled them.
    You are hilarious.....really.
    07-19-17 05:38 PM
    You are hilarious.....really.
    ikr. I also found it hilarious when they stole a very large chunk of money from my account and blamed it on a "glitch". I went through months of correspondence with presidents and ombudsmen, only to get nowhere.
    I will get it back someday.

Posted via CBX
    07-19-17 05:59 PM
    youre kidding right....installing knock-off banking apps from a chinese app store? there is a mechanism that prevents patched apps from running....i've tried to remove certain unnecessary and highly questionable permissions from my banking apps, and they will not run modified. i'm not asking for anything other than the ability to CONTINUE using the bank's own apps that currently work. you guys are twisting this in all kinds of directions.

Posted via CBX
    There is no mechanism on BB10 that allows us to verify that the app hasn't been patched. That's the point.

We fight criminals week in and week out. That's part of our job in this industry. Many of these criminals are well funded and well organized. So we constantly update our APIs and apps and infrastructure to make everything safer. That job doesn't end. You can't just say "give BB10 users the old stuff, who cares? We'll manage ourselves". That's just not how our world works. Can you imagine if we tried to explain that to govt regulators who are working with us to make things safer?
    TGR1, BigBadWulf and StephanieMaks like this.
    07-19-17 06:21 PM
    So we constantly update our APIs and apps and infrastructure to make everything safer.
    Pfft, everyone knows the key to security is doing it once and forgetting about it. It works for BB10, and that's the most secure system in the world!
    07-19-17 06:23 PM
    Pfft, everyone knows the key to security is doing it once and forgetting about it. It works for BB10, and that's the most secure system in the world!
    Probably cause no one can be bothered to hack it lol

Posted via CB10
    07-19-17 09:11 PM
    ikr. I also found it hilarious when they stole a very large chunk of money from my account and blamed it on a "glitch". I went through months of correspondence with presidents and ombudsmen, only to get nowhere.
    I will get it back someday.

Posted via CBX
    Wow, and you are still banking with them? I dropped one bank when they took 5 days to clear a local business check. I have dropped several banks over the years. I have very low tolerance for poor service in finacial institutions. My current bank has no branches and will post a check in seconds of it being deposited. One of the first banks to do home check scan deposits back in 2006, and app ceck picture deposits. I have been with my current bank for 11 years. Great service and great people.
    07-19-17 11:18 PM
    ah, believe me i've moved most of my business elsewhere, but certain things are established and are either difficult or cannot be moved.
    also, if I sever all ties with this institution I will have no means of 'reclaiming my stolen funds'..

Posted via CBX
    07-20-17 08:00 AM
    ah, believe me i've moved most of my business elsewhere, but certain things are established and are either difficult or cannot be moved.
    also, if I sever all ties with this institution I will have no means of 'reclaiming my stolen funds'..

Posted via CBX
    Fully understand the problem. Hope all goes well getting your funds back.
    07-20-17 11:46 AM
    Probably cause no one can be bothered to hack it lol

Posted via CB10
    hey Passporter, after commenting that the TD app still works fine, I noticed there was an update in playstore...so, after backing up my current version, I installed the update and can confirm that it too runs fine!

Posted via CBX
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-20-17 04:52 PM
    hey Passporter, after commenting that the TD app still works fine, I noticed there was an update in playstore...so, after backing up my current version, I installed the update and can confirm that it too runs fine!

Posted via CBX
    Yes I had that installed but the question rests in the air as to when they will also decide to block BB10. I don't have very much confidence lately in any apps since many developers have left BB10 and the Android versions could be blocked or just cease to work properly. It's sad that we BB10 users find our selves in this situation of limbo

***Hammered out on my Precious (BlackBerry Passport) ***
    07-20-17 07:00 PM
    Username checks out.

That doesn't help when the fate of the browser is tied to the fate of the platform; as time passes the gulf between the BB10 browser and the two standard bearers of mobile browsing (Chrome and Safari) increases. It might have been a selling point in 2012-13, but new and improved standards don't make their way to some platform left in the dust long ago.

As a measure of standards compliance the Passport running 10.3.3.2205 scores 395/555 on html5test.com, while a Samsung S8+ running Chrome Stable scores 520/555 on the same test.
    That's certainly a measure, one that html5test.com have created that does not strictly adhere to any specific HTML5 specification but no doubt covers a broad array of expected or accepted elements.

If the vast majority of the Web adhered strictly to HTML5 and made use of the whole host of elements tested then sure we'd have a sub-standard user experience. As it is there are a number of elements tested that BlackBerry 10 scores 0pts for that are completely irrelevant to a mobile device, elements that are not widely adopted and may never be (or at least not for a number of years).

Noting from the html5test.com website that iOS Safari scores 415/555, the BlackBerry 10 browser fairing somewhat better than it does against browsers that may inherit feature support from actively developed desktop siblings. Firefox Mobile scores 466 however regularly I have to load sites in my BlackBerry 10 browser (scoring 387) because they don't render or work properly in Firefox.

It's also worth noting that Opera is available in the Amazon Appstore and scores highly on the html5test.com test.

Internet Explorer 11 is still largely functional as a browser, despite it being superceded by Edge in standards compliance and support for the near future. The web at least in the UK does not keep pace with those that draft specifications, elements that have to be first supported satisfactorily, uses are being designed, it could then be a very long time before the mass of developers responsible for crafting the web adopt those features.

There should be very few use-cases where a properly made mobile version of a website does not function correctly in the BlackBerry 10 browser and I cannot see that changing any time soon (beyond the lifetime of my device). I could be very wrong, but for the majority of web users I doubt it.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-17 07:54 PM
    Some more recent testing (an iPhone 6S Plus running the latest iOS 11 beta) scores a little higher at 458/555, but again, as time passes the baseline creeps further past what BB10 can do. Edge scores a 473 as of the Creators Update, for one, not half bad for the default browser. Frankly, of all of the criteria in the list I want to see become ubiquitous it's FIDO U2F.
    07-20-17 08:30 PM
    If you choose to use a dead platform then you have to learn to live with the consequences.
    You guys should check out https://forums.crackberry.com/12969506-post.html .

Even the certified Android KeyOne phones are having difficulty with authorized updates messing up the banking apps.
    07-25-17 08:39 AM
    You guys should check out https://forums.crackberry.com/12969506-post.html .

Even the certified Android KeyOne phones are having difficulty with authorized updates messing up the banking apps.
    My response to that is that the KeyOne customers should expect and demand a fix ASAP, where as BB10 customers should face reality.
    07-25-17 03:06 PM
    Scotia's app on my 4 year old Android 5.1.1 Samsung tablet is no longer supported.

The Android app still works on BB10 though.

Tech moves on... BlackBerry please give us Blend on Android!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-17 10:58 PM
    Scotia's app on my 4 year old Android 5.1.1 Samsung tablet is no longer supported.

The Android app still works on BB10 though.

Tech moves on... BlackBerry please give us Blend on Android!

Posted via CB10
    Airdroid and Pushbullet already cover the Blend business on Android.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-17 12:55 AM
    Airdroid and Pushbullet already cover the Blend business on Android.

Posted via CB10
    Kind of.
    07-28-17 10:52 AM
68 123