I just read there appears to be a camera button being introduced in 10.3

Hopefully not. It's this sort of distinction that makes BlackBerry great!

Years past there were campaigns by jeep owners stating "real jeeps have round headlights". Today's jeep has round headlights (they became square for a short time).

Similarly today's campaign should read "real phones do not need dedicated buttons".

Please do not dumb down our BlackBerry phones. It's this smartness and distinction we desire.

Posted via CBten with the Zthirty.
    GSM-S, billybobsa, moody and 1 others like this.
    07-02-14 06:33 AM
    I just read there appears to be a camera button being introduced in 10.3

Hopefully not. It's this sort of distinction that makes BlackBerry great!

Years past there were campaigns by jeep owners stating "real jeeps have round headlights". Today's jeep has round headlights (they became square for a short time).

Similarly today's campaign should read "real phones do not need dedicated buttons".

Please do not dumb down our BlackBerry phones. It's this smartness and distinction we desire.

I'd suggest posting your comments here: https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/
    07-02-14 06:36 AM
    Good idea.

I even get messages from them - go figure!

It is another place to log in to - which I find to be a pain.

07-02-14 04:47 PM
    What are the people thinking? I like the fact I can touch the screen anywhere to take the picture. It's so awkward to push the button at the bottom of the screen

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 04:54 PM
    Do you not like the Cherokee? Because I love it, even with its different grille design, it's still a jeep to me, and one of my favorites.

I'm talking about the XJ (the 1997-2001 models, precisely), not the KL. That one I detest.
    07-02-14 04:56 PM
    I agree with you. This model year looks good. Kinda suits the urban assault vehicle image - yet safari like.

Too funny. Talking suv's in CB land!

07-03-14 12:12 AM
    As long as the volume rocker can still be used as the shutter release I'm happy.

Someone handed me an iPhone the other day and asked me to take a picture. I was hitting the volume buttons and it wouldn't take a photo.
    07-03-14 01:18 AM
    I don't care as I can use my Q10 spacebar to take the picture anyways

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    SapphireEcstasy likes this.
    07-03-14 12:29 PM
    If it's the button to open the camera to wake up the phone then I'll love to have that. I get annoyed sometimes trying to press the camera icon on the lock screen just to take a quick pic.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 05:20 PM
    Actually the feature is awesome, trust me, it's not like any android or apple camera button!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 06:46 PM
    I'm gonna take a middle of the road line on this.. I like to be able to rap anywhere to take a picture BUT I'm also glad they are introducing a camera button. Taping anywhere is good for me.. but when I had the phone to someone else to take a picture they are sitting there looking for the button.. give us both.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 06:55 PM
    I like the new setup especially the ability to set the focus location

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 07:01 PM
    You could always set the focus location. You just had to drag the square to the new location Esther then tap the new location.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 07:22 PM
    I agree that it's definitely more self-explanatory (only because of the other platform's implementation). Either way is fine, and the button allows for a few other goodies, such as taking stills while recording a video and the alternate video button to start capturing video directly.

Say NO to camera button in OS 10.3-img_20140703_203441.jpg

Say NO to camera button in OS 10.3-img_20140703_203454.jpg

Posted via CB10
    DocDRM and trevorcroft like this.
    07-03-14 07:38 PM
    I understand where you are coming from but the new implementation is more straight forward as pointed out and I think that is better for everyone. A BB should still be simple to use for everyone. BB's aren't only made for quick people, they are also made for people that need things "dumbed down".
    trevorcroft likes this.
    07-03-14 07:54 PM
    I thought the button was supposed to be for instant video recording, not to activate the camera shutter?
    07-03-14 09:44 PM
    I thought the button was supposed to be for instant video recording, not to activate the camera shutter?
    It was like that in an earlier 10.3 build, but they keep changing it. I must say that as cool as that iteration seemed, it would have probably been the most confusing to general users, since it would have resulted in many unintended videos taken instead of still shots. The way it's laid out on the SDK release is at least very self-explanatory (a larger camera button, and a smaller "video" camera button)

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 10:23 PM
    In 10.3: anywhere you tap will relocate the focus square.
    Id prefer: swiping anywhere on the screen and the box will move to be under your finger (so you can drag it BUT you can begin the drag from anywhere.

In 10.3: anywhere you tap will relocate the focus square.
    I'd prefer: a tap anywhere should take a picture

Also.. the on screen camera button.. kinda biased against lefties (landscape)
    07-03-14 10:23 PM
    I like the new setup especially the ability to set the focus location

Posted via CB10
    This is EVERYHTHING we need to know about BlackBerry's strategy. They are dumbing down the OS to make it more simple. Everything should be self evident and readily apparent. Which makes it easier for people who use their friends / parents / own iPhone

1. Build a great os
    2. Hide important features
    3. Sell few phones
    4. Adopt ui designs of successful competitors
    5.???
    6. Profit

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 10:45 PM
    I like the fact that when someone wanted to take a pic and i handed them my phone (Z10) they would look all crazy and bewildered until I said just tap the screen and it will take the pic. Some would say I don't like that but the majority would say that is so much easier than my android or iPhone.
    But any phone I put in my hands these days that is not a BlackBerry I am always swiping like crazy and tapping all over the screen trying to take pictures.
    I understand the process of trying to make it easier for the masses, especially the ones who "accidentally" take a pic (it has happened to me too, I just delete them), if you are going to be different why do what everyone else is doing?

Posted via CB10 on the BB Z10
    07-04-14 08:14 AM
    I would rather a camera button.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 08:22 AM
    I always found it ridiculous to tap on the screen. This is ten times more often the reason for an unwanted picture I have to delete later. I never understood why this should be somehow clever. They should make it configurable, this would be my solution. And I would switch this off and use one of the buttons.
    kfh227 likes this.
    07-04-14 08:25 AM
    I say - "NO to camera button in OS 10.3"
    07-04-14 08:30 AM
    I think a camera button will make the OS more obvious to use. Whenever I ask people to take photos of me and my friends they don't know how to do it.
    07-04-14 08:40 AM
    Actually, I think one of the dumbest things on smartphones is tapping the screen to take a picture. I'd much prefer a dedicated or multi purpose button. Actually, up to 3 buttons would nice where apps could use them as shortcuts for power users. For the keyboard, it could double as auto complete buttons. For music, next track, etc. A dedicated back button for Web browsing. I would even say it would be a killer feature.

Actually, with 3 I could get the picture button but also fix something I hate even more. Pinch to zoom. That goes for maps also.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 09:03 AM
71 123