I started having this issue with my PlayBook a few months back at work and now with my Z10 too!!

Why?!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 08:44 PM
    add another to the list. Work for a large tech company with a 3 letter acronym and blue logo but can't get on wifi. What the heck.
    05-16-13 02:04 PM
    I'm having the same problem...help!
    05-17-13 03:53 PM
    At least BB10 notifies you when this happens (the PlayBook gave no indication).

It kind of makes you think that they realized this was an issue and chose not to fully address it though (like give an option to not disable)...

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    05-17-13 04:04 PM
    this is a symptom of an overall problem that blackberry 10 has with wifi. the playbook and now the q10 and z10 have some major wifi issues. the auto disabling, the poor handoffs, the difficulty connecting which affects some users and the slow wifi transfer speeds some people complain about are among the problems. I have had to reset my home wifi a couple of times and adjust my router settings to get a decent transfer rate, which isn't necessary on any other device. if I download an app or try to stream a movie on my z10 vs my bold 9900 the difference in speed is plain to see. I just purchased a sim card adapter so I can switch between phones, because although I love the z10 and am very happy with it, this and a few other problems are just too much.

I think that the "new os" excuse is valid because bb10 is actually quite polished for something so new. I just hope that blackberry makes the wifi problems one of their priorities because it is very frustrating for a lot of people, and really is just something the os should be able to handle easily.

I am confident that the issues with bb10 will be resolved a lot more quickly than those of the playbook because bb10 is so important to the company and it is where most of the resources are being focused. Unlike the playbook it is a moneymaker. It's just that this is an issue which should be solved within the next couple of months, not within the next year
    OurManInVanc likes this.
    05-17-13 04:31 PM
    OK, so I've sorted the problem out myself.

When I copied the data from my Torch, all the saved Wi-fi networks were transferred over as well. Now I travel A LOT so I had over the 64 saved Wi-Fi networks. This wasn't an issue connecting on my Torch, but was for the Q10

So what I've done is delete a lot of the old saved networks and bingo, the wi-fi connects like a charm
    05-21-13 01:07 PM
    I don't have an issue with my Wifi network reconnecting once it disables because it usually does so without a hiccup. What I do hate is that every time I have to step out of my office it has to notify me. It drives me absolutely mad. It's only one connection that I have that keeps showing "disabled" and that is my work wifi.

For example, if I leave my house after being connected to my home's wifi network as soon as I'm out of range, it tells me my work Wifi network has been disabled
    05-22-13 07:16 AM
    I have the issue occasionally and what I've found works is: 1) hard reset on router 2) retype password for wifi in phone 3) save and connect

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 06:02 PM
    Just to follow up on my situation: Blackberry and Aruba came up with a fix for their APs and it appears our IT Dept deployed it because my Z10 connects fine now.

The issue of profiles automatically disabling themselves if unsuccessful remains, but that is a separate thing which is a moot point for me now as long as the connections are made within three attempts.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 02:21 PM
    All the friggin time. I travel extensively for work and can't roam in different countries. And it constantly kicks me out. I hate it. It is so annoying that I will be replacing the X10 with the Galaxy Note II unless there is a fix soon. Everyone in Asia hates the BB already and this is the last straw for me
    06-19-13 12:45 AM
    Bringing this thread back to life because I am experiencing the exact same thing with a Q10 that is less than 1 week old - unacceptable
    08-18-13 10:38 AM
    this has been happening to me and the above explains why

have rebooted the router and it now seems ok
    08-20-13 08:05 AM
    If you have multiple access points (APs) in the hospital you should enable the Inter-Access Point Handover and disable IPv6 for the WiFi profile. Another possible reason for the disconnects might be the APs themselves not fully supporting BlackBerry OS 10's TCP/IP protocols.
    It is BlackBerry implementation of TCP/IP stack in OS 10 at question as none of other devices including BBOS ever have similar issues. No conflict issue with mine as IP has been reserved specifically for my phone and we use cisco backbone for wifi infrastructure.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 08:26 AM
    My home network has several devices connecting with wifi (laptops, Wii, PS3, iphones and ipods, a curve, a torch and a Bold 9900) none of which had and issues with losing connections. About a year ago I bought a Playbook and noticed that it would periodically just drop the wifi. I figured it was just a fault card or something in the device and found that disabling and enabling the wifi would get me going again. Annoying.
    Recently I received a new Z10 and after setting up the wifi notice that it was behaving the same way !
    After reading this thread, I checked the router and realized that the time on the device was actually off by about 20 min. There was no option to manually adjust the time so I simply assigned and incorrect time zone and then then back to the correct one. The time was now correct.
    I also realized that the router was set up to allow only Wireless G connections and below. So I increased that to Wireless N.

That was a week ago and neither my Playbook or Z10 have disconnected since !!
    They are now working as perfectly as my other devices.
    I am guessing something with BB10 is sensitive to network time or connection speed.

Hopefully this will help some other BB users with a similar issue.

Cheers!
    09-30-13 07:58 PM
    There can be numerous reasons why this happens. For example, It can happen if the ssids match but the passwords don't.
    At my previous job, I had no issue switching between APs, but I also helped manage wireless and we went through a few makes/models of phones that had the same problem. In many corporate environments the firmware on switches or APs are rarely updated, and newer devices were the first to suffer. We always made an effort to keep ours up to date because of the various devices we would have connecting to the network.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 08:11 PM
    It always does this to me at my home. Drives me nuts.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 09:26 PM
    Best OS out there...

Posted via CB10
    mike350 likes this.
    09-30-13 10:18 PM
    So I experienced this today for the first time at my office, after weeks of everything behaving like normal. At first I thought my manager did something to the wifi since he was changing stuff on the network. Turns out, it wasn't the company network devices, per say. The z10 has the option to choose 2.4GHz or 5.0 GHz band type. My office networking equipment doesn't support 5.0GHz band type. So when going back into my office wifi network & entering the password (this all after I removed it from my saved networks list), I forced my z10 to use 2.4GHz and boom, it finally connected to my office's wifi. It seems by default, the z10 always attempts to use 5.0GHz. When it's unsuccessful, it SHOULD default to use 2.4GHz, but it wasn't. It wasn't using anything, hence repeated "authentication" failures when attempting to connect. I have to add, that it worked on the 2nd attempt. Nonetheless, how this all of a sudden became an issue is beyond me. This definitely needs a mechanism put into it to prevent this in the future, kinda like how I NEVER had this issue occur with my BB Bold 9900 .
    mike350 likes this.
    11-05-13 03:45 PM
    Sadly this issue is alive and well still. I have a Q5 running OS 10.2.0.424, and it refuses to connect to my home router. I've changed/tweaked router settings, to no avail. And, here's the thing: I work for a phone company. I own multiple other devices, including BBOS, iOS, a PlayBook, Android, WP, etc. NONE of them have a problem with my router. If BlackBerry expects the world to adapt to them rather than the other way, they truly are lost. And that's sad, because I've worked hard to defend them at my work.
    11-22-13 11:39 PM
    Has this happen. Also had it happen with android, wp and other equipment.
    Tends to happen with older routers.
    Worst are routers which provide a 2.4Ghz 108mb/s connection which never became standard.
    With N600 N900 routers never had a problem.
    11-23-13 02:27 AM
    It's REALLY driving me nuts that my Z10 (10.1.0.2074, AT&T) still automatically enables, re-orders to top and -- if I'm in range -- connects to the AT&T Wi-Fi after EVERY single device reboot. I've tried deleting the AT&T Wi-Fi profile, re-ordering it to the bottom, disabling it... nothing helps. After every reboot, my device connects to AT&T Wi-Fi. It's especially annoying because I NEVER want or need to connect to AT&T Wi-Fi. Is there really no way to permanently delete/disable the AT&T Wi-Fi from my Z10?
    12-17-13 11:48 AM
    It's REALLY driving me nuts that my Z10 (10.1.0.2074, AT&T) still automatically enables, re-orders to top and -- if I'm in range -- connects to the AT&T Wi-Fi after EVERY single device reboot. I've tried deleting the AT&T Wi-Fi profile, re-ordering it to the bottom, disabling it... nothing helps. After every reboot, my device connects to AT&T Wi-Fi. It's especially annoying because I NEVER want or need to connect to AT&T Wi-Fi. Is there really no way to permanently delete/disable the AT&T Wi-Fi from my Z10?
    Delete works for me. You're saying you delete and it comes back on its own? Is it open or WPA protected?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 01:36 PM
    Exactly. It's open. I've uploaded a screenshot of the profile here. And my problem is exacerbated by the fact that when I'm at work, I'm always in range of AT&T Wi-Fi (my employer partnered with AT&T to provide public Wi-Fi to visitors). So even when I delete the AT&T Wi-Fi profile (just did it again a minute ago!)... as long as I restart the device while in range it's put it back in and given preference over my preferred profile.
    12-17-13 04:59 PM
    I should add that when I'm at work, I'm also always in range of my preferred Wi-Fi network which is WPA2-Enterprise secured. It baffles me why my device then prefers the open AT&T Wi-Fi against my wishes... I don't know if AT&T is the culprit here since I'm using their OS build.
    12-17-13 05:08 PM
    I should add that when I'm at work, I'm also always in range of my preferred Wi-Fi network which is WPA2-Enterprise secured. It baffles me why my device then prefers the open AT&T Wi-Fi against my wishes... I don't know if AT&T is the culprit here since I'm using their OS build.
    Give them a call. I've heard of cellular wifi offloading and I wonder if that is why it keeps coming back and greying out your fields.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 05:12 PM
62 123