Hi guys,

what do you think about Samsung's own kinda Blackberry Balance? Is it going to give a competition to Blackberry Balance feature? Currently Balance is available only for BES, will Samsung's Knox be available for normal consumers? If so it is a great plus point for Samsung.

Here is the article from Engadget,

"Back at Mobile World Congress, Samsung filled us in about its Knox security suite, and now it's just announced that it'll ship on the Galaxy S 4. In case you need your memory jogged, Knox focuses on providing enterprise security features that let business and personal content coexist on the same handset. Like BlackBerry Balance, the solution cordons off work-related apps, email accounts and the like in secure containers, while keeping personal things without password protection. Though the GS4 will nab Knox first, other Samsung devices are set to receive it as well."

Samsung's Knox security solution to launch with Galaxy S 4
    03-14-13 10:43 PM
    I doubt they'd jump ship from a tried and true OS to some fresh out of the gate wannabe with the worst possible security out of all available systems....o no wait you mean corporations ya its entirely possible with hilarious moments to ensue

Posted via the Batcave
    03-14-13 10:55 PM
    It's good competition. It will show Blackberry that there is also a need for non-BES people to have a work and personal profile. Consumer wins out in the end.
    imz likes this.
    03-15-13 02:14 AM
    Sounds cool but it seems like the user has access to the configuration of this. That means they get to decide which is work and which is personal. This defeats the purpose of the enterprise protection of their data.

Plus this may be a good luck on a poor door. Android is the most unsecure OS out there

posted via the CB app on my Z10
    03-15-13 03:08 AM
    Ya but user profiles in a non BES enabled blackberry 10 device will be a nice option.
    03-15-13 04:35 AM
    I suspect apple will come out with a feature like this next update also. Every platform will have it in some fashion. Windows Phone already does.
    03-15-13 05:34 AM
    But will it be accepted by corporations? The big thing I see about Samsung's offering is that it is tied to specific phones. If it is only available initially on the S4, then it won't work with other devices. That starts to put a limit to the whole BYOD flow.

Where I think BlackBerry has a better chance is through supporting multiple platforms. It'll work with most Android devices, iPhones, and BlackBerry. If companies don't want to limit which phones are brought into the business, BlackBerry might have a better option.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 09:25 AM
    Knox is just a clone version of bb balance which samsung brings to the worst security os. And the galaxy s4 really fails so hard. Seriously, first they copied apple, and now they copies from bb. What can they create on their own? Nothing called innovation when it comes from sammy

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 09:36 AM