So I was checking BlackBerry World and from moving to the Z30 from the Z10, and now the Passport there are many paid apps that just are not in BlackBerry World. I was trying to figure out the app's purpose when I read a review about gaining all prior apps back.

If true, would this apply to my Z10 apps as well? When I purchased the Z30 I upgraded my sister from her iPhone to the Z10 so that is now used under her BBID and many apps were unavailable for the Z30. I also switched carriers for the Passport.

From the app description, I am not really sure of its purpose. Any clarification?

Sachesi and Rogers putting out the official Passport update saved me from having to fight DR to try exchanging Passports as everything has been perfect since. I would like to support the developer for making that option a possibility, but not sure the purpose of the mobile app?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 03:22 PM
    Sachesi for BlackBerry can, among other things, trigger downloads for apps that are unavailable for your current device. For example, if you used App X on Z10, moved to Passport and lost access to App X, setting Sachesi to look for App X on Z10 would trigger BlackBerry World to download App X to your Passport. No guarantees of compatibility (especially with games), but Sachesi can bring back free or paid (as long as you've paid for them) apps.
    anon721037 likes this.
    10-18-14 03:37 PM
    A quick demonstration of how the App tab works.

If you use the search facility, it searches based on the device chosen in the Settings (swipe down, Settings). By default this is set to Passport. This is important as some devices get different applications given to them. Passport gets v1.24 (Android) of Bloomberg. Every other device gets v1.11 (native).

If you go to the Overflow menu and choose 'Lookup', you can type in the application ID number of the app you are interested in. Sachesi will automatically work out what phones the app supports and be able to download it for that device on your phone.

For example, for Blend: appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/59939711
    The ID is: 59939711

Using this, you are able to grab applications that no longer exist and cannot be searched for.

For some banned apps, it will still not let you load it with this method. Instead you'll need to jump directly to downloading it. I have created URIs for Sachesi to facilitate this. sachesi:<idnum> to view or sachesi:dl/<idnum> to download directly
    10-18-14 05:20 PM
    Interesting. I remember on my Z10 I was able to get a ton of free apps through the EA promotion that are normally paid. Also was able to get some Disney apps free, as well as others.

Unfortunately when I switched to the Passport only a few apps showed up as available. Assuming they are associated with my BBID. Shame it doesn't show all even if not compatible. I will likely grab a spare GSM device now that I'm on AT&T; maybe even a Z10 or Z30 with the $100 off from shopblackberry. I guess the problem would be I have no idea of half the apps' names.

Wonder if I got a Z10 all of my apps would be available. I know when I upgraded to the Z30 I lost some apps... then the Passport, lost a bunch. Wish they would still show as available but not compatible with device. That would give me an idea of all the paid apps that are gone :-(

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 07:34 PM
    If you can find ANY app available from those vendors (EA / Disney), click on the vendor name. It will show you all their apps available for all devices.

Then just click on the apps you remember and download.
    10-18-14 08:36 PM
    While I am glad I gave my Z10 to my sister (getting her off the iPhone), unfortunately I can only remember a few titles. Seems like a neat app though. From the description on BlackBerry World I was not really sure what the actual functions were. Really appreciate the support. Without you, my Passport would likely be returned and I would be in a debacle with Digital River trying to get a replacement because of all the OS bugs I originally had prior to using Sachesi for the Rogers update. Thanks again!
    10-18-14 09:22 PM
    Yeah what I meant is you do not need to know the names of the apps. Just try all the ones from those vendors. It will list the apps for all devices.

I'm not sure if I am able to use such a description on BBWorld.
    10-18-14 09:35 PM
    For some banned apps, it will still not let you load it with this method. Instead you'll need to jump directly to downloading it. I have created URIs for Sachesi to facilitate this. sachesi:<idnum> to view or sachesi:dl/<idnum> to download directly
    Noted with a lot of thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 10:09 PM
    Does the latest version of Sachesi detect 10.3.1.x USB connections?
    10-19-14 12:32 AM
    Does the latest version of Sachesi detect 10.3.1.x USB connections?
    Not sure what you mean. The desktop app? There's nothing unique about 10.3.1. I use 10.3.1 as my primary.
    10-19-14 12:35 AM
    Updated a Q10 and a Z30 to 10.3.1.821. Now am unable to get Sachesi 1.9.4/5 to detect the USB connection. I am assuming that the USB mode in 10.3.1.x is set to autodetect which in my experience does not work with OS X or *nix. But then again, PBAM works in dev mode on the same OS X desktop.
    Last edited by adamlau; 10-19-14 at 12:51 AM.
    10-19-14 12:39 AM
    Ah OK. That could be an issue I suppose if you can't get it out of autodetect and your system requires manually setting that.
    Usually the autodetect fails because it is looking for Link. It has happened to me before but doesn't seem to happen anymore. I'll try to see what workarounds I can use.
    10-19-14 02:16 AM
    Will the app be available for the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 08:58 AM
    Will the app be available for the Q10?
    It's available for all BB10 devices but requires OS 10.3 or higher
    10-19-14 09:06 AM
    Not seek how to change the device in the app tab. There is a drop down for everything but device. What am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 01:10 PM
    Not seek how to change the device in the app tab. There is a drop down for everything but device. What am I missing?
    This is for the phone application (on your Blackberry device)? Downloading the .bar isn't supported from PC due to piracy reasons.
    You are in the app tab and then you swipe down and go to Settings? There should be a Device drop down.
    10-19-14 01:21 PM
    Just bought it. You sir are awesome.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 02:44 PM
    This app isn't available from BlackBerry world on the z30?? Used to have a Z10, then upgraded to Z30, now apps become "unavailable for this device".... how do I get this app on my Z30?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 10:47 PM
    This app isn't available from BlackBerry world on the z30?? Used to have a Z10, then upgraded to Z30, now apps become "unavailable for this device".... how do I get this app on my Z30?

Posted via CB10
    Do you have 10.3 or higher installed?

Via CB 10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    11-28-14 11:03 PM
    I bought the app a while ago, but since I installed the latest 10.3.1.1949 leak i lost the app. When I try to reinstall it from BlackBerry World it don't even shows up. I can't find it in the available apps section to.
    How can I recover the app?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 01:00 PM
    I bought the app a while ago, but since I installed the latest 10.3.1.1949 leak i lost the app. When I try to reinstall it from BlackBerry World it don't even shows up. I can't find it in the available apps section to.
    How can I recover the app?

Posted via CB10
    Has been removed from BlackBerry World as mentioned in the following thread.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=984932

Bad reaction to a helpful action...

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    01-01-15 01:46 PM
    I don't see it either when I search for Sachesi on BlackBerry World.

Edit: So I see the note about it being removed from BBW which SUCKS for all us users. Xsasha, will you make it available another way?

T-Mobile  STL100-3 Z10 running Autoloaded 10.3.1.1949.
    01-01-15 01:50 PM
    Has been removed from BlackBerry World as mentioned in the following thread.
    BlackBerry and their (lack of) Security - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Bad reaction to a helpful action...

Thanks for the reply. Found that thread with the search button after my first post. Sended a PM to Xsacha to know if it comes back to BB World

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    01-01-15 01:59 PM
    I bought Sachesi in BlackBerry World but now can't find it....
    At least you have to give. Bar file for those who bought already

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 05:18 PM
    I emailed developer and he added me to the sandbox I can download via appworld://sandbox/SachesiCascades from the browser but the developer has to add ur bbid. To the sandbox....developer email [email protected]

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 09:29 PM
33 12