Any "tech" writer who supports or ask for less competition in the tech world has lost any credibility that they or others presume to have. Any "tech" person knows that competition breeds innovation. We don't need a repeat of the PC in the phone field.

And for those of you too young to understand. Because of Microsoft's monopoly in the PC world, better software was either bought or pushed out of business due to Microsoft's ability to control what was loaded on Window's PC. Microsoft had to revive struggling Apple in order to prevent being split up due to monopoly busting court actions.
    RECOOL likes this.
    01-24-12 06:30 AM
    McDonald's makes the best food in the world based on the "10 billion served" banner beneath the golden arches, no?

sarcasm should lack irony on your end for it to be effective.
    Please elaborate as to how my statement wasn't applicable? The poster stated how WinMo is supposed to be great..yet nobody is buying it. The same IS true for the PlayBook. Before being heavily discounted, nobody WAS buying it. It's the same thing.

see above please. and he's not wrong. Android OS 4.0 is a tech support nightmare with a ton of issues if you've been paying attention, and so far I've yet to meet an android or iOS user that wasn't impressed by QNX. For those 2 bloggers to suggest RIM abandon such a good OS is stupid.
    I don't know what you've been smoking, but please enlighten me on the "ton of issues" present in ICS. I'm running the latest software, and it's about the best software i've ever used (and yes, that includes using the Playbook).
    01-24-12 07:41 AM
    Please elaborate as to how my statement wasn't applicable? The poster stated how WinMo is supposed to be great..yet nobody is buying it. The same IS true for the PlayBook. Before being heavily discounted, nobody WAS buying it. It's the same thing.

I don't know what you've been smoking, but please enlighten me on the "ton of issues" present in ICS. I'm running the latest software, and it's about the best software i've ever used (and yes, that includes using the Playbook).
    you posted a sarcastic reply that points to number of sales being the metric by which quality of a product should be determined. By your standards, McDonalds sells better food than anyone, notwithstanding "supersize me". The meaning of my reply should have been self explanatory but if not, there you are

As for your question about ICS, try this selection of keywords: bugs, issues, problems. now go to Google and try any cool combination of those along with ICS or perhaps android 4.0

If you have any other problems or concerns I'll be happy to help. Just PM me and I'll try to make time to answer you between posting doom and gloom posts that deride anything to do with RIM while dogging a Blackberry forum that I hang out in even though I clearly dislike them.
    01-24-12 08:16 AM
    you posted a sarcastic reply that points to number of sales being the metric by which quality of a product should be determined.
    While the metric sales of a device do not necessarily reflect the quality of a device..they are pretty much the determining factor in how well the consumers feel about said device.

As for your question about ICS, try this selection of keywords: bugs, issues, problems. now go to Google and try any cool combination of those along with ICS or perhaps android 4.0
    Thank you for your tutorial on how to use Google. I've always wondered how that worked.. Anyways, what the answers led me to, was that there is a possible wifi bug, but that the latest update (which comes directly from Google themselves, and not carriers) will remedy it. Perhaps this was the "nightmare" you were referring to?

I might not have "Googled" it correctly however, because if I google Playbook bugs, or Blackberry Bold 9900 bugs, there seems to be a MUCH larger selection to choose amongst

If you have any other problems or concerns I'll be happy to help. Just PM me and I'll try to make time to answer you between posting doom and gloom posts that deride anything to do with RIM while dogging a Blackberry forum that I hang out in even though I clearly dislike them.
    Thanks! Perhaps when my Kool-Aid runs low, i'll find some time to PM you about some more topics i've been trying to find answers for (such as how they get the Caramilk inside of a Caramilk bar )
    01-24-12 08:29 AM
    While the metric sales of a device do not necessarily reflect the quality of a device..they are pretty much the determining factor in how well the consumers feel about said device.
    All you've done there is illustrate how sad North American consumers are in general. This fast food walmart society is nothing to be proud of.

Thank you for your tutorial on how to use Google. I've always wondered how that worked.. Anyways, what the answers led me to, was that there is a possible wifi bug, but that the latest update (which comes directly from Google themselves, and not carriers) will remedy it. Perhaps this was the "nightmare" you were referring to?

I might not have "Googled" it correctly however, because if I google Playbook bugs, or Blackberry Bold 9900 bugs, there seems to be a MUCH larger selection to choose amongst
    Indeed, I can tell by the time elapsed since my last post and your reply that you must have been very thorough. good work.

Thanks! Perhaps when my Kool-Aid runs low, i'll find some time to PM you about some more topics i've been trying to find answers for (such as how they get the Caramilk inside of a Caramilk bar )
    ok but don't forget what I said, I am very busy so I may not be able to answer quickly. Even just a quick glance at my post history shows an overwhelming number of negative, sarcastic comments about RIM and Blackberry, sprinkled with a dash of Android cheerleading (especially if the android related post I am cheering also bashes RIM then I get to kill 2 birds with 1 stone for greater posting efficiency!) But yet here I am, hanging around a forum related to a product about which I never have anything good to say. I am an enigma. But at least I'm not alone. There's a little group of about 4-5 people apparently just like me
    01-24-12 08:44 AM
    But at least I'm not alone. There's a little group of about 4-5 people apparently just like me
    Sounds fun! You should start a BBM group
    01-24-12 08:57 AM
    I don't get why people would think they should ditch bb10. I don't buy blackberry for the hardware, I buy it for the OS and the bbm. If it was a droid I would just buy one of the many droid phones already out there. I don't want a droid, I want a blackberry.
    01-24-12 09:24 AM
    I don't get why people would think they should ditch bb10. I don't buy blackberry for the hardware, I buy it for the OS and the bbm. If it was a droid I would just buy one of the many droid phones already out there. I don't want a droid, I want a blackberry.
    While I don't think RIM should give up on BB10 there are at least 2 very good reasons:

1) They just cannot make BB10 work. The constant delays seems to lend some credence to this.
    2) They are too late to be able to create a developer community around OS10. And if they cannot do that, they'd might as well continue with the current BBOS.
    01-24-12 09:50 AM
    It's funny. I actually quit gdgt.com when those morons sent me an email saying the new iPad CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!!! because of the the high resolution screen. I wrote them a nasty post in response and told them to get their heads out of Apple's *** and killed my account. It's a shame too cause the idea behind the site is nice. It's just that there are complete idiots running it. Haven't missed the site much but certainly glad to be rid of their ignorant emails. My blood pressure is doing much better.

It's good to see almost a year later that they sound even dumber. And in 3 more months they will be eating their words.
    12-30-12 05:41 PM
    whoa, resurrecting a thread from the dead! LOL
    12-30-12 05:55 PM
    Just in case you didn't notice, that was written on January 15th, 2012...
    12-30-12 10:07 PM
86 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD