So my Z10 went down to only 10 or so megabytes and it started losing it's self. Both the Pictures and Music apps didn't show content that was saved on my memory card, weirdly, and some apps wouldn't open. A key app I use is Corky Notes which I had saved a few important bits on which I now can't remember. Ever since it experienced that low memory my Z isn't able to open that app - it crashes each time I try. Please tell me there's another way of getting it to open apart from reinstalling it.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 07:24 PM
    Just to confirm, when you say memory, are you referring to storage space? If so, why don't you free up memory by deleting some of the unused apps that are taking up space? If you are down to only 10MB, I'm surprised the device can even run any apps.

If you are referring to memory, perhaps you need to close some of the apps that are running headless or you have in active frames. Also, have you rebooted the phone in a while? As above, I would also remove any apps that you aren't using.

If all else fails, you may need to reload the OS.
    02-09-15 08:55 PM
    I meant flash memory and, therefore, the 16GB storage memory.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 04:15 AM
    I meant flash memory and, therefore, the 16GB storage memory.

Posted via CB10
    Move stuff from internal memory to your SD card. Uninstall useless apps or apps that you use infrequently. Make sure that your music and videos are being saved to your SD card and move any that in internal memory to your sd card.
    PatrickMJS and ruhban like this.
    02-10-15 06:43 AM
    I agree with Mr Mobile Madness. However, if you do that, you may find that you still have less than 1 or 2 GB left of your 16 GB built-in device memory.

If that happens, the solution takes a few hours but is really worth it.

1. Take a custom backup using BlackBerry Link. Select only those critical apps you really need to keep the user data for.

2. Security wipe.

3. Reinstall the latest OS. 10.3.1. Is almost here. The current leaks are very good. I'm on 10.3.1.2072.

4. Reinstall key apps including Android apps.

5. Run the Link Restore process.

That's what I did and I went from less than 1.5 GB free space (which was triggering frequent low memory errors) to 5.5 GB of free space, which is plenty.

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    02-10-15 11:19 AM
    Move stuff from internal memory to your SD card. Uninstall useless apps or apps that you use infrequently. Make sure that your music and videos are being saved to your SD card and move any that in internal memory to your sd card.
    I make sure I save as much as I can onto ny SD card but it still somehow uses up all 16GB

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 05:50 PM
    I agree with Mr Mobile Madness. However, if you do that, you may find that you still have less than 1 or 2 GB left of your 16 GB built-in device memory.

If that happens, the solution takes a few hours but is really worth it.

1. Take a custom backup using BlackBerry Link. Select only those critical apps you really need to keep the user data for.

2. Security wipe.

3. Reinstall the latest OS. 10.3.1. Is almost here. The current leaks are very good. I'm on 10.3.1.2072.

4. Reinstall key apps including Android apps.

5. Run the Link Restore process.

That's what I did and I went from less than 1.5 GB free space (which was triggering frequent low memory errors) to 5.5 GB of free space, which is plenty.

Posted via CB10
    Wow if only I could replicate that result! I don't really have the time to wait for Link to do it's job. I've decided I'm just gonna wait for the official 10.3.1 update. N4BB claim that BlackBerry's target is the 19th and my carrier has promised Q1. If all those fail I'm still waiting for the Visa / Victoria at MWC so fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 05:53 PM
    If you have less than I believe 2GB, the update will fail and will advise you clean stuff off your device. Uninstall apps that you do not use. make sure to delete the left over folders. Learn to use the file browser or a third party file browser. Search the folders on the SD_Card and External_SD.

Once you have deleted a few apps, reboot the phone by pressing and holding the UP DN Volume keys till it turns off, it will power back on.
    diegonei and PatrickMJS like this.
    02-11-15 07:21 PM
    Just delete some apps. They will still be available for download later.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-11-15 07:28 PM