Hi,
    I am on 10.3.3.3216 and I can't find "Run in background" option to manage background apps. It's not available in app permission settings either. Is it gone in this version or is there something wrong with my OS. I have already tried wiping the device.
    Regards:
    09-01-19 09:05 AM
    It's there on my Z10 - same OS. I don't know why you wouldn't have it.

Might have to run the autoloader, and don't restore system settings.
    09-01-19 09:38 AM
    It's there on my Z10 - same OS. I don't know why you wouldn't have it.

Might have to run the autoloader, and don't restore system settings.
    Already tried it twice.. Unfortunately no luck.. Option was there when I use the Autoloader 2 days back but now it disappear. Do you think I should download the Autoloader file again? @conite will you please check what's wrong.
    09-01-19 09:44 AM
    Hi,
    I am on 10.3.3.3216 and I can't find "Run in background" option to manage background apps. It's not available in app permission settings either. Is it gone in this version or is there something wrong with my OS. I have already tried wiping the device.
    Regards:
    Android apps don't run in the background.

Although you can also prevent Android apps from running when minimised too.
    09-01-19 09:45 AM
    Already tried it twice.. Unfortunately no luck.. Option was there when I use the Autoloader 2 days back but now it disappear. Do you think I should download the Autoloader file again? @conite will you please check what's wrong.
    Hard reboot the device? (vol up and down until it restarts)

Posted via CB10
    09-01-19 04:54 PM
    Android apps don't run in the background.
    Why does that sound wrong to me?

For example, I haven't opened whatsapp since I took my passport off the charger. And yet the app has used 0.9% battery life. Surely something must be running in the background!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-19 04:55 PM
    Why does that sound wrong to me?

For example, I haven't opened whatsapp since I took my passport off the charger. And yet the app has used 0.9% battery life. Surely something must be running in the background!

Posted via CB10
    WhatsApp setup some triggering events within the Android Runtime.
    09-01-19 05:08 PM
    How can it receive messages when app is closed if not running in background?

Posted via CB10
    09-01-19 08:00 PM
    How can it receive messages when app is closed if not running in background?

Posted via CB10
    Because of the triggers in the Android Runtime itself. It handles notifications.
    09-01-19 09:13 PM
    So something is running in the background, then!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-19 11:44 PM
    So something is running in the background, then!

Posted via CB10
    The Android Runtime itself, yes.
    09-01-19 11:46 PM
    Hard reboot the device? (vol up and down until it restarts)

Posted via CB10
    Tried that too,no help.. option was there when I used the autoloader, it disappeared after few days... I think after installing conite's stack and some android apps....
    09-02-19 02:31 AM
    Yes, you should download and reinstall.
    09-02-19 10:30 AM
    Tried that too,no help.. option was there when I used the autoloader, it disappeared after few days... I think after installing conite's stack and some android apps....
    "Conite's stack" of what? He doesn't provide anything but links to autoloaders.

Do you mean "Cobalt's Google Play stack". That's not the same thing and nothing should make the settings options just disappear.
    09-02-19 11:03 AM
    "Conite's stack" of what? He doesn't provide anything but links to autoloaders.

Do you mean "Cobalt's Google Play stack". That's not the same thing and nothing should make the settings options just disappear.
    Sorry I meant cobalt's Google play stack... sorry @conite :-).. I know cobalt's files can't change anything in core OS. I was just sharing what I experienced. May be my autoloader file is buggy, I haven't done the hash check either. I used the same autoloader 3 times and same result.
    09-02-19 11:36 AM
    Will someone please share the autoloader link which is tried and trusted....
    09-02-19 11:39 AM
    Sorry I meant cobalt's Google play stack... sorry @conite :-).. I know cobalt's files can't change anything in core OS. I was just sharing what I experienced. May be my autoloader file is buggy, I haven't done the hash check either. I used the same autoloader 3 times and same result.
    Well, I admit, that's weird.

I've had some sub-sections of Settings fail to load. I pick an option, it dims slightly as if about to switch to that page...then...nothing. It brightens back up and stays on the main page.

I've found that restoring settings after reloading the OS will do that. But I've never had options just not be there.
    09-02-19 11:44 AM

I've had some sub-sections of Settings fail to load. I pick an option, it dims slightly as if about to switch to that page...then...nothing. It brightens back up and stays on the main page.

I've found that restoring settings after reloading the OS will do that. But I've never had options just not be there.
    Yup it's weird, I found another post (4 years back in 2015) stating the same issue. So I believe it's not just me. I will download the autoloader again and reinstall the os... will you please share any trusted link? Last time I used that mega link...
    09-02-19 11:57 AM

Yup it's weird, I found another post (4 years back in 2015) stating the same issue. So I believe it's not just me. I will download the autoloader again and reinstall the os... will you please share any trusted link? Last time I used that mega link...
    09-02-19 12:16 PM
    I don't have any links. I make my own autoloaders from downloaded core, debrick, and radio files directly from the BlackBerry servers when the OS becomes available. Of course, the last one was over a year ago. But the last few have been saved on my PC.
    09-02-19 12:39 PM
    https://mega.nz/#!1NZ1SQBB!yL_ZV5UFz...1-Opwv7f6JCxhM
    09-02-19 01:17 PM
    Thanks for the link @conite. So I reinstalled the OS and "Run in background" option was there. But as soon as I uninstalled Evernote app that option is gone. Actually I uninstalled 4 apps in total, Facebook, Twitter, Box, and Evernote. May be 10.3.3.3 handles the permissions differently, no other app is asking for "Run in background" permission so it's not there. I cant cross-check it because Evernote is long gone from BlackBerry world.
    09-03-19 04:02 AM
    Thanks for the link @conite. So I reinstalled the OS and "Run in background" option was there. But as soon as I uninstalled Evernote app that option is gone. Actually I uninstalled 4 apps in total, Facebook, Twitter, Box, and Evernote. May be 10.3.3.3 handles the permissions differently, no other app is asking for "Run in background" permission so it's not there. I cant cross-check it because Evernote is long gone from BlackBerry world.
    There are only a select few native apps that run in the background - the vast majority don't.
    09-03-19 06:39 AM
    Finally checked my Z10. I have Evernote, because I use it. But other OS installed apps that I do delete as soon as I can are Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare and LinkedIn.

Still have the option. It's the second in the drop-down list, after "All".

It's possible that if no apps are installed with that capability, the option just may not show up. For example, more apps show under the "Run when minimized" option.

None of the options have no apps listed, but several options suddenly appeared after some apps were installed. I never had "Phone Call Details" in the list until Power Tools was installed. And it's the only app under that item. Just "Phone" has a few more. Run in background option missing, blackberry Passport-img_20190906_194955.jpeg
    09-06-19 08:54 PM
    Finally checked my Z10. I have Evernote, because I use it. But other OS installed apps that I do delete as soon as I can are Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare and LinkedIn.

Still have the option. It's the second in the drop-down list, after "All".

It's possible that if no apps are installed with that capability, the option just may not show up. For example, more apps show under the "Run when minimized" option.

None of the options have no apps listed, but several options suddenly appeared after some apps were installed. I never had "Phone Call Details" in the list until Power Tools was installed. And it's the only app under that item. Just "Phone" has a few more. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190906_194955.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	446095
    that might be it, I suspected the same reason. I even reinstalled the OS one more time just to make sure :-), its Evernote (In pre installed native apps) which triggers that option.
    09-06-19 11:14 PM
26 12