Yes, I'm emotional about blackberry. You would have to be emotional about blackberry to spend hard earned money on device from a company with one foot in the grave. I'm not jumping ship, I paid good money for the blackberry devices I own and I'll use them until they are no longer useful to me.
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-03-15 05:09 AM
    If BB10 will live on, like some BB10 reps supposedly have said, why the h*** doesn't BB FINALLY release an official statement, and calm down, users, potential buyers, companies (customers), developers, partners, etc, etc ???

With the rumor mill having reached this completely irrational stage, all they achieve by being dead silent is to put off people and to drive many into the arms of somebody else.

This is either really pathetic management of such a (transition?) process, or BB10 IS going to die, and they don't want to tell the public yet.

I think there are no other conclusions to make.
    George_B and Vistaus like this.
    09-03-15 06:18 AM
    BB10 IS going to die, and they don't want to tell the public yet.
    Exactly.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect
    dararede likes this.
    09-03-15 06:42 AM
    Of course the Osborne effect does not just apply if they are going to kill off BB10, but also (and more the way it is usually referenced) if they are planning a significant change in BB10 that they won't be able to back port to existing devices.

When it comes right down to it you have decided on what you believe BlackBerry is going to do based on the fact that they haven't said what they are going to do and your own prejudice. You may be right, but you could be wrong. We will see in time.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168
    09-03-15 06:59 AM
    There are people who already saw the 10.3.3 os but yeah, nobody listens to them with those 'bb10 abandoned' rumors around...

I do believe the op
    10.3.3 excists and will be leaked 'soon'.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 06:59 AM
    There are people who already saw the 10.3.3 os but yeah, nobody listens to them with those 'bb10 abandoned' rumors around...

I do believe the op

Posted via CB10

I would LIKE to believe the OP.
    What explanation do you have, on why BB does not make a clear statement on BB10 having a future? IF there IS a future?
    09-03-15 07:10 AM
    I'm a BES admin who speaks with Tech Support on a regular basis.

On a recent call, the BlackBerry representative stated ...
    Tech support != BlackBerry representative

They'd be the last people to know.
    09-03-15 07:23 AM
    What explanation do you have, on why BB does not make a clear statement on BB10 having a future? IF there IS a future?
    You know, Humans love to dramatise.
    I believe the guy who saw it i know the silense is killing a lot of people (me to), but let's stay positive

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 07:23 AM
    You could also look at it in the way that blackberry have not made a statement about BB10 going EOL. In that respect, officially it's the status quo with the continuation of BB10.

If you think about how many companies have invested in a fleet of BB10 devices to go with their BES subscription it doesn't make sense for them to kill bb10 off at this point. Yes BlackBerry may not give a stuff about us the consumer (playbook) but they do for enterprise customers and for a company that's doing its best to keep afloat it wouldn't be good business practice to make erratic changes as such.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2639/SR .2474  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    Superfly_FR and Vistaus like this.
    09-03-15 07:25 AM
    You could also look at it in the way that blackberry have not made a statement about BB10 going EOL. In that respect, officially it's the status quo with the continuation of BB10.

If you think about how many companies have invested in a fleet of BB10 devices to go with their BES subscription it doesn't make sense for them to kill bb10 off at this point. Yes BlackBerry may not give a stuff about us the consumer (playbook) but they do for enterprise customers and for a company that's doing its best to keep afloat it wouldn't be good business practice to make erratic changes as such.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2639/SR .2474  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    This ^^
    Good point

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 07:34 AM
    but also (and more the way it is usually referenced) if they are planning a significant change in BB10 that they won't be able to back port to existing devices.
    Your thoughts are a theoretical possibility, but I wouldn't bet a penny on it to happen. Why should they invest a lot of money (=significant changes) into a platform that has failed to attract an audience large enough for them to survive as a smartphone maker or to attract enough developers to keep on brewing their own stuff?
    Some really try to clutch every straw instead of realizing what's more obvious.
    09-03-15 08:00 AM
    Sounds like you're contradicting yourself. Your post sounds emotional, like you feel you were wronged by BlackBerry and are leaving because of it.

To each their own though.

Posted via CB10
    He owns a Playbook. Enough said.

Posted via C5303
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-03-15 08:01 AM
    BB10 will be supported for years to come! Just like BBOS and PlayBook OS were supported....

The question is will BB10 have much more development put into it? Will we BB10 users be stuck on a two year old Jelly Bean runtime (if they just update this, it would be a big improvement)?

It is clear that right now, BB10 development has slowed drastically... and from most all outward indications has actually stopped.
    It is clear that right now, that native App development is not a priority for BlackBerry.
    It is clear that right now, Android is coming in some form to the Slider - and there is no sign of BB10.
    It is clear that Google has not allowed other Android OEMs to use FORKED versions of Android on some devices, and keep their GMS certifications for other devices.

Now if you want to wait for John Chen to explain what is going on, that is very understandable. If you want to hope that this a Google/Samsung/BlackBerry collaboration that goes beyond past rules... and is for the security and safety of all mankind, dream on....

I think it is simply what it appears to be, a company ending development of a failed product and moving on to a more mainstream solution.

Will it be as good? Will it be as secure? NO, but I think it can be made secure enough to meet the needs of the majority of customers. They might have to leave a few Government and Regulated Industries wondering what they'll do.... but that really isn't John Chen's problem, is it? He is worried about revenues, and BB10 was not getting it done.
    09-03-15 08:23 AM
    I just hope BlackBerry make more apps to reach Google Play Store level. Yes, maybe impossible or need much time, then allowing Android OS in BlackBerry devices maybe good idea too. Most people, in my country, need apps, not concern about security.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 08:52 AM
    The problem is not a failed product. It's failed management. When 99% of the public thinks you are out of business you are not going to sell product and you have failed to do the necessary marketing to support the company.

Chen should invest in marketing before dropping the crown jewel of the company.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-03-15 08:54 AM
    Why would they comment on rumours and speculation? They have already given statements that they will continue to improve the BB10 OS. Until they say otherwise, everything else is ...
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-03-15 09:09 AM

I do believe the op

Posted via CB10
    Amen!

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-03-15 09:22 AM
    Relax, BB10 will be supported into the future. Can you imagine Obama and G7 heads use Blackdroid as their communication device anytime soon? Not to mention CIA, NSA, IMF, Kingston, HLS, MI5, MI6, etc... Even after all the corporate accounts switch to Android side of business, BB10 will still be there, unless BlackBerry pulls of the impossible mission to secure Android at the same level as BB10.
    09-03-15 09:28 AM
    I heard a rumour that BB 10 will be discontinued. BB 11 will be released, except it will be called BB XI and, strangely, pronouced 'Bee Bee Zed' except for in the USA where it will be 'Bee Bee Zee.' It will run on Skylake architecture, it will be Android and IOS and WinPhone 10. Devices will be foldable and sport flexible OLED displays. There will be a full desktop experience available if you dock it. It will be completely malware proof and feature an AI that goes far beyond being an 'assistant'--it will become your friend. Higher end models will ship with built-in projectors and e-ink folding covers. They will be made of a single block of titanium with diamond coated screens and they will also be able to reliably load facebook posts.

No word on new emojis.
    09-03-15 10:14 AM
    The problem is not a failed product. It's failed management. When 99% of the public thinks you are out of business you are not going to sell product and you have failed to do the necessary marketing to support the company.

Chen should invest in marketing before dropping the crown jewel of the company.

Posted via CB10
    Chen is clueless. All he needed was 200 million or so in marketing to tell the world about bb10 but miser that he is he would not spend a dime.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-03-15 10:19 AM
    I'm a BES admin who speaks with Tech Support on a regular basis.

On a recent call, the BlackBerry representative stated that there were rumors that BlackBerry will stop supporting BB10. He strongly denied any rumors and mentioned work on BB10.3.3 and beyond.

With that stated, I was curious if anyone had info on these rumors.

Thanks!

- 00 via z10
    OK, where is the road map, BlackBerry 10 blog posts, support for Qt5, and public statements that BB10 will have new features (not just we support it).
    09-03-15 10:29 AM
    I'll believe it when it happens. I'm surprised we even have BB10, according to past rumors BlackBerry was to be dead something like 5 years ago???

Rumors = really useless meaningless over reported $h1t!

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    All you have to do is look at the public BlackBerry 10 native development or lack there of to see the report.
    09-03-15 10:31 AM
    I will back that up with a call I had from BlackBerry Marketing yesterday. BB10 will live on!!
     Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    I think BlackBerry 10 will live on, but what you have now is what will be there three years ago. BB10 will be the new PlayBook OS and BBOS7. Alive but stagnant.
    Maxxxpower and Blacklatino like this.
    09-03-15 10:34 AM
    OK, where is the road map, BlackBerry 10 blog posts, support for Qt5, and public statements that BB10 will have new features (not just we support it).
    The are working secretly on it and will present us the best OS ever and the best devices ever and Blackberry will regain 20% market share!!!!!!111!!1!!1

Not.
    09-03-15 10:34 AM
    Why would they comment on rumours and speculation?
    Because they are losing even more customers/developers/partners etc? And because there is no risk in confirming that an existing product will continue to be supported and developed, providing this IS the plan?

They have already given statements that they will continue to improve the BB10 OS.
    Not that I'm aware of, since the Android rumors came up. But I might have overlooked anything? JC had all chances in the world to do so, during his interviews, but preferred to stay vague. I'm also not aware of any press release or so.

Until they say otherwise, everything else is ...
    UNder normal circumstances, yes. But as I said in my first statement, the rumor mill has reached a level of madness, that clear statements have become a neccessity, to prevent further damage. Unless they WANT to let BB10 die, or unless they are not sure yet what exactly they are going to do.
    09-03-15 10:35 AM
109 1234 ...