galaxy s 4 running bb10?????

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-27-12 04:27 PM
    I see no value in Samsung touching RIM's OS. There really isn't any market share their for them to make a dent and actually sell the phones. You think Samsung wants to be stuck holding the bag of unsold devices and having to write them down like RIM did today with OS7 phones.

Who really wants to partner with them now that they have had to write down their two biggest product launches, the PB and OS7.

RIM doesn't have the money Windows does to keep throwing at an OS hoping it catches on. BB10 is the last hope, if it fails there is no plan B.
    03-30-12 02:11 AM
    I see no value in Samsung touching RIM's OS.
    While I personally have no issues with RIM's OS, it is the OS and lack of apps that are driving people away from the BlackBerry platform.

Why would Samsung want to try to market phones with bee bee OS on it?
    03-30-12 02:20 AM
    at:03:11 AM Today joecastrignano
    Hmm, do you even use a blackberry device at all? Research in Motion did NOT write off any OS 7 devices, can you provide any proof? Just because some carriers EOL'd them, doesn't mean they're not being used. Like come on, provide proof. RIM isn't going to be going anywhere. And North America isn't the only market, think of the rest of the world.
    03-30-12 02:24 AM
    I think if any of the big players buy RIM its going to be for the patents and access to the enterprise not for any of the actual products, I mean I could even see Apple buying the company just to keep the patents out of Samsung's hands.
    03-30-12 03:21 AM
    Hmm, do you even use a blackberry device at all? Research in Motion did NOT write off any OS 7 devices, can you provide any proof? Just because some carriers EOL'd them, doesn't mean they're not being used. Like come on, provide proof. RIM isn't going to be going anywhere. And North America isn't the only market, think of the rest of the world.
    If you had listened to the conference call, or followed the live stream, you would know that yes they did write down their BB7 devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    03-30-12 06:32 AM
    You should read the Q4 report. One, you'll see the write down of BB7 inventory.

Two, you'll see that RIM themselves have gotten past this fallacy that this is just a North American issue. In the call as well they talked about the serious challenges they now face in other markets and the discounting (hardware and services) they feel they now need to compete in those markets.

(BTW, why do people call it a "North American" issue when RIM actually does quite well in Canada?)
    03-30-12 06:43 AM
    I may be wrong but I thought RIM was writing down their all touch torches. I'm not saying no keyboard devices were written off but seriously why would someone buy all touch BB when there is Android and Apple?
    03-30-12 08:04 AM
    I may be wrong but I thought RIM was writing down their all touch torches. I'm not saying no keyboard devices were written off but seriously why would someone buy all touch BB when there is Android and Apple?
    Because I don't care for Apple or android. I'm not in need of netflix, hulu, Skype etc. Security, data compression, messaging.
    03-30-12 08:09 AM
    You should read the Q4 report. One, you'll see the write down of BB7 inventory.

Two, you'll see that RIM themselves have gotten past this fallacy that this is just a North American issue. In the call as well they talked about the serious challenges they now face in other markets and the discounting (hardware and services) they feel they now need to compete in those markets.

(BTW, why do people call it a "North American" issue when RIM actually does quite well in Canada?)
    Because Canada barely counts to the pundits, and half our news media report rehashed American Articles in a Me too fashion.

as many posters will point out when ever they get the chance if you say RIM is doing well in Canada, "ya well there are more people in California than all of Canada"
    03-30-12 08:13 AM
    as many posters will point out when ever they get the chance if you say RIM is doing well in Canada, "ya well there are more people in California than all of Canada"
    I had that happen in a reply to one of my posts.
    03-30-12 08:51 AM
    This could very well be true... BB license its BB10 to samsung
    02-14-13 03:36 AM
    This could very well be true... BB license its BB10 to samsung
    Oh god, what have you done?
    02-14-13 03:41 AM
    If this is true, expect Samsung to use the OS only for a year or two, then integrate all those things that make BB10 unique to their Bada/Android/Tizen phones.

Sent from my Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-14-13 03:52 AM
    Samsung has their own proprietary OS they are working on, I sincerely doubt they have any interest in Blackberry.

Please stop bumping ancient discredited rumor threads.
    02-14-13 07:12 AM
    I just read this article about Nokia joining Apple to dump Samsung as a supplier because it supposedly steals ideas etc. from other companies' component orders to integrate it into their own products.

The individual stated that Samsung has "a record of getting orders for next-gen components, then canceling the orders. And then they show up in a Samsung phone. When you see a Samsung 'bendy' OLED phone as you surely will, you are looking at something that was stolen from Nokia."
    I don't think BBRY can risk that with one of their most valuable assets. I prefer the SONY speculations.
    02-14-13 07:44 AM
    Not going to happen. Whoever bumped this, why?
    02-14-13 03:00 PM
142 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD