bb11 Android Hyper-visor lol
    12-26-16 01:47 PM
    Interesting thought..
    As we are talking about BlackBerry as company using QNX as hypervisor base layer with OS11 as main OS following the tradition of OS10 and allow a BlackBerry-Droid clone as guest-OS... why not :-) at least we could carry on using our app's we bought over the last few years that would be a logical step to look forward in 2018 and there after.

Posted either via -Passport -Classic / OS-10.3.++ is all you need
    12-26-16 02:49 PM
    Interesting thought..
    As we are talking about BlackBerry as company using QNX as hypervisor base layer with OS11 as main OS following the tradition of OS10 and allow a BlackBerry-Droid clone as guest-OS... why not :-) at least we could carry on using our app's we bought over the last few years that would be a logical step to look forward in 2018 and there after.

As awesome as that sounds, what's gonna power it? There's currently no ARM CPU (or maybe even hardware in general) powerful enough to run all of that smoothly.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    12-26-16 04:22 PM
    As awesome as that sounds, what's gonna power it? There's currently no ARM CPU (or maybe even hardware in general) powerful enough to run all of that smoothly.

Time will tell :-)
    It's not even 2017 yet and hardware evolution running fast this days.

12-27-16 01:53 AM

Even if there was an ARM CPU there would be no drivers for an new version of BB10 even if you called it BB11. Plus there are no BB10 developers at BlackBerry to create such an OS. Most of the old BB10 team was let go a long time ago. Of course we are just talking fantasy since BlackBerry's stated direction is Enterprise software.
    12-27-16 02:09 AM
    Even if there was an ARM CPU there would be no drivers for an new version of BB10 even if you called it BB11. Plus there are no BB10 developers at BlackBerry to create such an OS. Most of the old BB10 team was let go a long time ago. Of course we are just talking fantasy since BlackBerry's stated direction is Enterprise software.
    I was referring to QNX as Base Layer for any OS and driver on top of that, so any OS used to interact with app's and driver has to ask QNX acting as hypervisor.
    May this graphic explain a bit better:
    [Rumor] - BlackBerry ENDING BB10 Support in May 2017-qnx.jpg so to me it looks like there are things going on already

Posted either via -Classic -Passport / OS-10.3.++ is all you need
    12-27-16 02:28 AM
    I was referring to QNX as Base Layer for any OS and driver on top of that, so any OS used to interact with app's and driver has to ask QNX acting as hypervisor.
    May this graphic explain a bit better:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QNX.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	414891 so to me it looks like there are things going on already

You are a long way from a consumer usable mobile OS from base QNX. Would take multi millions in investment to make it happen.
    12-27-16 02:36 AM
    You are a long way from a consumer usable mobile OS from base QNX. Would take multi millions in investment to make it happen.
    Plenty time to enjoy OS10 then, no rush, 2018 is a far way off as well and lots can happen meanwhile.

12-27-16 03:15 AM
    Plenty time to enjoy OS10 then, no rush, 2018 is a far way off as well and lots can happen meanwhile.

Nothing is gonna happen in that area lol. This has been a pipedream for years. You're certainly not the first to dig up that image and have wonderful hopes and dreams of what could be and you certainly won't be the last.
    jefbeard911 and Vistaus like this.
    12-27-16 06:57 PM
    Nothing is gonna happen in that area lol. This has been a pipedream for years. You're certainly not the first to dig up that image and have wonderful hopes and dreams of what could be and you certainly won't be the last.
    I'm well aware about that... LoL
    Was only an initial response to the following post's earlier on, which thereafter evolved into a self running phantasy, as many of CB threads end up anyway.. obviously with a bit of ironically sarcastic hint... just fun nothing else.

Interesting thought..
    We all should know that CB is full of chitchat most of the time while wasting time, checking for the "Leaked OS page" so no need for serious conclusion, but always keep any OP title in mind to preventing being muddled up.
    LoL

Posted via -Passport -Classic / OS-10.3.++ is all you need
    12-28-16 04:24 AM
    I would like see if BB10 os become Open Source. I know it could be security issue. But I think it has more potential to survive beside Android rather than other oses. Just wanna put my thought
    12-28-16 10:10 PM
86 ... 234