Well it's on Facebook so it must be true. /s
    I agree. Lmao

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.2.2474)
    12-23-16 11:44 AM
    BB10- does it matters if no support? BIS BBOS7 it is critical if you don't get BIS, but BB10? few app not working? horoscope not update? sure, that is a problem. if your bank app or your school app not working (they are not produce them for BB10 OS anyhow), that might be a big problem... up to now, you should have all the apps, like BB map, dictionary, color LED on your device, if no support, does that matters? BB world might got shut down (link and blend already gone), anything else that is critical I missed? thx.
    Try getting around the Internet with IE6; without maintenance and support to make sure the browser supports new standards it'll probably look like that on your phone.
    stlabrat likes this.
    12-23-16 02:03 PM
    Well it's on Facebook so it must be true. /s
    LOL...
    Quite the opposite

Posted either via -Passport -Classic / OS-10.3.++ is all you need
    12-23-16 04:26 PM
    LOL...
    Quite the opposite

/s is for sarcasm.
    12-23-16 04:28 PM
    /s is for sarcasm.
    Yeah I got that...

Just wanted to add that FB is the ministry of truth... LOL

brookie229 likes this.
    12-23-16 04:34 PM
    The day BB10 will no longer work
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    12-23-16 05:42 PM
    Just because you read it on the Internet, doesn't make it true.

Abraham Lincoln

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2163
    kvndoom and gugomat like this.
    12-23-16 05:50 PM
    Sure they are going to end support in March 2017. They made an effort to get the NIAP cerifications on BlackBerry 10 and not on Android because they are bored.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry of Doom likes this.
    12-23-16 05:59 PM
    Sure they are going to end support in March 2017. They made an effort to get the NIAP cerifications on BlackBerry 10 and not on Android because they are bored.

Posted via CB10
    Or maybe it has been in certification for some time, well before EOL, and it didn't make a difference or not in cost to cancel it.
    12-23-16 06:06 PM
    Say it isn't so! I just bought an android tablet and it sucks compared to BB10. They do have to get the bugs worked out of BB10 though!
    12-23-16 06:52 PM
    What sort of things might break that aren't broken currently?

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    Well Link is one thing.
    Many people are complaining that it already doesn't function on their PC'S and Macs that are running the latest OS.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-16 07:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Maybe they don't feel like competing with Samsung for NAIP Android customers.
    12-24-16 03:09 AM
    Support is officially ending at some point in late 2018 or early 2019.

You may quote me and start a thread on this.

Posted via CB10
    So are you saying 10.3.4 will be released in late 2018 or early 2019? Seems a long time to wait.
    12-24-16 03:11 AM
    I hope not, just bought two BB10 devices for work, specifically Q10 I love the size of the device works for me, and have all the apps I need for work, without android ports, S10 for slack is great, and igrann is great for insta. I have native Dropbox, Evernote etc...
    12-24-16 03:20 AM
    So are you saying 10.3.4 will be released in late 2018 or early 2019? Seems a long time to wait.
    They are going to support 10.3.4 for some time so it'll be released before late 2018 (if that really is the EOL date).

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    12-24-16 03:23 AM
    Maybe they don't feel like competing with Samsung for NAIP Android customers.
    I had a look on the NIAP site a couple of weeks ago. All the Android devices that have or the Android devices that are in tests are only for a few applications. There is no Android device with the NIAP certifications at the same level as BlackBerry 10.
    �n the same time JC said that they will stop BlackBerry 10 only if they can secure Android at the same level. So they should get the NIAP certification at the same level as they got for BlackBerry 10.
    The second thing is that they said Android N is as secure as BlackBerry 10. It's not. One example is the encryption key. If they make it as secure, many Android apps will not work so that means they still don't have all the apps people are crying for.

Off topic, we can all see Android is not a solution. Even with Google play available, the Android BlackBerry devices didn't save the handset department. Everybody thought that if BlackBerry will use Android they will sell an enormous amount of smartphones. That didn't happen.

Android is not a solution.

Android is still full of issues after so many years of developing comparing with BlackBerry 10 which has only 4 years.

And Samsung is working on Tizen, which I think is also more secure than Android.

Posted via CB10
    Notna Nosyel likes this.
    12-24-16 03:58 AM
    I had a look on the NIAP site a couple of weeks ago. All the Android devices that have or the Android devices that are in tests are only for a few applications. There is no Android device with the NIAP certifications at the same level as BlackBerry 10.
    �n the same time JC said that they will stop BlackBerry 10 only if they can secure Android at the same level. So they should get the NIAP certification at the same level as they got for BlackBerry 10.
    The second thing is that they said Android N is as secure as BlackBerry 10. It's not. One example is the encryption key. If they make it as secure, many Android apps will not work so that means they still don't have all the apps people are crying for.

Off topic, we can all see Android is not a solution. Even with Google play available, the Android BlackBerry devices didn't save the handset department. Everybody thought that if BlackBerry will use Android they will sell an enormous amount of smartphones. That didn't happen.

Android is still full of issues after so many years of developing comparing with BlackBerry 10 which has only 4 years.

And Samsung is working on Tizen, which I think is also more secure than Android.

Posted via CB10
    I share your thoughts, android is on 7.1 version and still crappy, slows down and the tapping system with those navigation buttons feels so old, out of place. BlackBerry 10 is way ahead of its time. I wish they sold the OS to MICROSOFT or something or at least make it open source (that means we lose NIAP or any security because now is wide open lol)

Posted via CB10
    Nikola Stojic likes this.
    12-24-16 08:56 AM
    I share your thoughts, android is on 7.1 version and still crappy, slows down and the tapping system with those navigation buttons feels so old, out of place. BlackBerry 10 is way ahead of its time. I wish they sold the OS to MICROSOFT or something or at least make it open source (that means we lose NIAP or any security because now is wide open lol)

Posted via CB10
    TCL should totally build a NIAP-certified BB10 TV. It'll keep your pr0n search history ultra secure.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    12-24-16 10:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    You should look at Samsung Knox devices. Select Samsung devices with KNOX have NIAP. As quoted " Samsung Knox is approved by the United States government as the first NIAP-validated consumer mobile devices to handle the full range of classified information."

Also, Samsung Knox meets the requirements for FIPS 140-2 Level 1 certification for both data-at-rest (DAR) and data-in-transit(DIT).

Having worked on getting FIPS support for other products, getting this certification is great for Samsung. The fact is that Samsung already has these devices on the US Federal Government approved purchase list.

Apple also has the iPhone on the approved US Federal Government list. The company I work for also sells to many of these agencies that require certification. In my dealings with them I have not seen BB10 devices, I do see iPhone and some Samsung phones.
    12-24-16 10:36 AM
    correct me if i am wrong: software encryption only are not sufficient with future processor that almost equal to the old main frame power. you need hardware encryption. An openOS with limited or no customization to integrate hardware encryption like droid may be on the way out (don't kill me for saying so). BIS is way ahead of its time for both hardware and software encryption, although it is primitive as compare to the latest tech, but still far secure compare to the software only encryption - (personally, I still believe as long as you have the hardware asset on hand, regardless, you got a fair chance to break the encryption - iphone cambridge U case... provide you know where the hardware encryption is store on board). BB10 as a good bone for software security - certificant provide the acceptable std at the current stage. Add hardware encryption, like BIS (not necessary similar to BIS), would be great to get SAF again. decouple hardware and software is shoot itself in the foot.. no in the feet (both feet... hard for it to run again). IMHO.
    12-24-16 10:51 AM
    correct me if i am wrong: software encryption only are not sufficient with future processor that almost equal to the old main frame power. you need hardware encryption. An openOS with limited or no customization to integrate hardware encryption like droid may be on the way out (don't kill me for saying so). BIS is way ahead of its time for both hardware and software encryption, although it is primitive as compare to the latest tech, but still far secure compare to the software only encryption - (personally, I still believe as long as you have the hardware asset on hand, regardless, you got a fair chance to break the encryption - iphone cambridge U case... provide you know where the hardware encryption is store on board). BB10 as a good bone for software security - certificant provide the acceptable std at the current stage. Add hardware encryption, like BIS (not necessary similar to BIS), would be great to get SAF again. decouple hardware and software is shoot itself in the foot.. no in the feet (both feet... hard for it to run again). IMHO.
    How exactly does BIS provide "hardware encryption"? It's a method of routing data through BlackBerry servers, it's nothing to do with hardware.

If you mean hardware-level encryption features, then both Qualcomm (to a respectable degree) and Apple (to the degree Qualcomm wishes they had) have hardware-level facilities for data encryption/decryption. Worrying about "future processors equal to old mainframes" implies that you mean encryption can always be brute forced; destroying data after a number of failed tries, among other anti-brute force methods (like lockouts after enough failed attempts) are already in place.

Lastly, the assertion that BIS is ahead of its time in any way is just silly. It's a relic of 2G networks and routes all data through a single point of failure (*cough*).
    12-24-16 04:28 PM
    my bad. not suppose to say BIS, but the on handset encryption... agree with single point and 2G, but it was limited to the time with carrier data pipe still limited and pricy. vastly different now. (remember the stick shock when some BB user move to iphone initially? 40.00 per month data plan become more than 100... easy). Thanks for your comment.
    12-24-16 04:54 PM
    I hope this will be a fake rumor as any other! Otherwise it would be so sad!

Posted via CB10
    12-25-16 05:29 AM
    I hope this will be a fake rumor as any other! Otherwise it would be so sad!

Posted via CB10
    Look at the source from OP and ask yourself if that is reliable in the 1st place, there after you may wonder why this claim isn't mentioned all over the more mainstream media that are considered being reliable news...LOL

No doubt this rumour is as fake as it could be..

And hey Google around regarding German Ministry of the Interior is planing a new ministry of truth (sort of Orwells 1984 lite) to combating fake news on the web!
    Yep, and that's not a fake news but rather confirmed by the German government in public officially.
    Yeah the good old German officials taking the biscuit ones more.

Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 12-25-16 at 07:18 AM.
    12-25-16 06:36 AM
    On the other hand this is an interesting dialogue... LOL

Susan: �All right, I�m not stupid. You�re saying humans need � fantasies to make life bearable.�
    Death: �No. Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
    Susan: �But Tooth fairies? Hogfathers?�
    Death: Yes. As practice. You have to start out learning to believe the little lies.
    Susan: �So we can believe the big ones?�
    Death: �Yes. Justice. Mercy. Duty. That sort of thing.�
    Susan: �They�re not the same at all!�
    Death: �Take the universe and grind it down to the finest powder and sieve it through with the finest sieve and then show me one atom of justice, one molecule of mercy. And yet you act as if there were some sort of rightness in the universe by which it may be judged.�
    Susan: �Yes. But people have got to believe that or what�s the point�
    Death: �My point exactly.�

Conclusion is:
    You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?*

Happy Hogswatch... HO,HO,Hooo
    12-25-16 06:43 AM
86 1234