So, I read this on a Latin American Facebook page, it states that BB is ending support for BB10 OS in MAY 2017, how certain is this?

"La Noticia que Nadie Quiere Saber :
    Ya es Oficial , BlackBerry 10 OS contara con soporte hasta Mayo 2017, luego de esto sera Oficialmente Descontinuada la plataforma, BlackBerry pide a sus fieles usuarios que empiezen desde ya a realizar la Transicion a sus nuevos equipos con android , asegurando que estos mantienen el mismo nivel de seguridad y rapidez que BBOs10.
    Asique Ya saben chicos , BlackBerry tiene para rato pero Solo con Android en equipos Touch y qwerty."

Fuente
    BlackBerry.com

So anyone can confirm this?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Blackberryl...type=3&theater
    12-22-16 01:40 PM
    its from some non official fan page or something. So take it the same as from other non official forms IMO
    12-22-16 01:47 PM
    When 10.3.4 is released (at an unknown date) will probably be when they will end their support
    12-22-16 01:50 PM
    I hope is a lie, but I'm not ready for Android BlackBerry, that OS is not gesture based, I hate apps, I love Web browser xDDDDDD (not really but it think Apps are gonna die soon)

Posted via CB10
    Kot Prada likes this.
    12-22-16 01:53 PM
    About time I think... lol
    12-22-16 01:54 PM
    I hope is a lie, but I'm not ready for Android BlackBerry, that OS is not gesture based, I hate apps, I love Web browser xDDDDDD (not really but it think Apps are gonna die soon)

Posted via CB10
    It's most likely a rumor cuz I think even BB doesn't know when they'll release 10.3.4 exactly...
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-22-16 01:57 PM
    It's most likely a rumor cuz I think even BB doesn't know when they'll release 10.3.4 exactly...
    It was supposed to be December 2016, but only because 10.3.3 was supposed to be in March (!) 2016.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    12-22-16 02:18 PM
    Well it's on Facebook so it must be true. /s
    12-22-16 02:21 PM
    I hope it's true, just so they can make it official and people will stop saying the dead OS isn't dead.

{puts on tinfoil hat} Maybe that's why whatsapp decided to extend support for 6 more months... they knew the OS would be declared dead by then anyway!
    Kot Prada likes this.
    12-22-16 02:25 PM
    Even if BB10 is officially declared dead, it will always stand like zombie for many including me
    acovey likes this.
    12-22-16 02:30 PM
    Support is officially ending at some point in late 2018 or early 2019.

You may quote me and start a thread on this.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-16 02:44 PM
    If that is true what about the rumors we got from so many sites before OS 10.3.3 was officially launched that it some spectacular features with it.. I hope you guys remember all those **** threads.. I don't think that came true I had none in ma OS 10.3.3. If that wasn't true so do this. So stop panicking...

Posted via CB10
    12-22-16 02:48 PM
    Even if it is true it doesn't really bother me, my phone will continue to function. I bought it for what it can do now, not for what it might be able to do after a couple of OS updates.

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    12-22-16 02:48 PM
    Even if it is true it doesn't really bother me, my phone will continue to function. I bought it for what it can do now, not for what it might be able to do after a couple of OS updates.

+1
    12-22-16 02:50 PM

well sorta, except if they do stop support things will break and not get fixed, so technically you will start to be able to do less and not function as it does today.
    12-22-16 02:51 PM
    well sorta, except if they do stop support things will break and not get fixed, so technically you will start to be able to do less and not function as it does today.
    I wouldn't be too worried about Calls/Texts & E-mails
    12-22-16 02:54 PM
    If that is true what about the rumors we got from so many sites before OS 10.3.3 was officially launched that it some spectacular features with it.. I hope you guys remember all those **** threads.. I don't think that came true I had none in ma OS 10.3.3. If that wasn't true so do this. So stop panicking...

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry didn't promise all these spectacular features. Blackberry clearly said what would be in 10.3.3. No, that was random internet people on sites like this trying to convince themselves that the update would be something it never was going to be.
    HighFlight88 and Velocitymj like this.
    12-22-16 02:57 PM
    What sort of things might break that aren't broken currently?

12-22-16 03:01 PM
    This is hilarious. It's like someone comes at you and say your boat is sinking but the people inside the boat don't understand why its sinking
    12-22-16 03:05 PM

It's really not possible to give specific examples. A current example would be Facebook. FB CHANGED their APIs and refused to build a new version of the native app on BB. So, the native FB app stopped working.

So, in the future, there could be some sort of change to how text messaging protocols work - if BB10 didn't have anyone making changes to it, it would then be unable to understand the new text messaging protocols and your text messaging stops working.

That's the sort of doomsday scenario that could happen with a dead operating system.
    12-22-16 03:41 PM
    So, in the future, there could be some sort of change to how text messaging protocols work - if BB10 didn't have anyone making changes to it, it would then be unable to understand the new text messaging protocols and your text messaging stops working.

That's the sort of doomsday scenario that could happen with a dead operating system.
    You're right it is possible........AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH WE'RE SINKING!!!!!!!!!
    I still don't want to jump until I'm drowning...
    [Rumor] - BlackBerry ENDING BB10 Support in May 2017-drowning.jpg
    12-22-16 03:46 PM
    You're right it is possible........AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH WE'RE SINKING!!!!!!!!!
    I still don't want to jump until I'm drowning...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drowning.jpg 
Views:	1458 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	414723
    I can totally understand / respect that. You and I have chatted earlier about me moving from a Classic to a PRIV - seriously, if it weren't for the fact that I was unable to use a key application on BB10, I would probably still be on a Classic.

It's a bit like a marriage - I have 36 + years invested - there were times when ending the marriage looked attractive, but commitment won out.
    acovey likes this.
    12-22-16 03:55 PM

Shutting down the BBID server, perhaps? If they do, you can't setup your phone from scratch anymore (unless someone finds a workaround like with webOS, but BB10 is so closed that I doubt there will be a workaround).

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    12-22-16 04:02 PM
    It's a bit like a marriage - I have 36 + years invested - there were times when ending the marriage looked attractive, but commitment won out.
    I love this word: commitment
    Until Death Do Us Part
    12-22-16 04:03 PM
    Shutting down the BBID server, perhaps? If they do, you can't setup your phone from scratch anymore (unless someone finds a workaround like with webOS, but BB10 is so closed that I doubt there will be a workaround).

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    Makes sense. Discontinue consumer markets, still can be activated with a BES and active service contract.
    12-22-16 04:26 PM
86 123 ...