I really sure it was a fake news..indonesia is the main market for bbm,millions people are using it...it is bad hand writing to take down BlackBerry...android is another blackberry's wing....bbm not make bb lost in profit..blackberry only have issue with old spec smartphone and lack of apps, not the apps developed by blackberry..bbm stil be the best security social apps...really important in daily life

Posted via CB10
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-21-17 10:03 PM
    It would be great if this was only PART of the truth and the other part was... to replace it with <some other, better messaging system>. An acquisition of integration of some of the other platforms out there would be hella cool... but .. nah.
    Hypothetically speaking, what would your preference be when you are talking about <some other better messasging system> or an integration of other platforms??

Posted via CB10
    04-22-17 04:30 AM
    Hypothetically speaking, what would your preference be when you are talking about or an integration of other platforms??

Posted via CB10
    Telegram.
    04-22-17 04:36 AM
    No one really knows what blackberry will do next. Dropping BBM would be an absolute joke. What's next, the Hub?.....this is why I don't think my next device will be a blackberry. Don't really know where this company will be in two years time. So why bother.

Posted via CB10
    That's the problem with an accountant being promoted to ceo. There is no vision beyond quarterly results.

"A double minded man is unstable in all his ways."
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-22-17 05:10 AM
    On global site they're still selling Passport SE and even the Leap - so at least two years after selling they would have to support the devices, if taking off BBM is ok, I don't know but sure not fair as it is a key BlackBerry app on those devices...

https://global.blackberry.com/en/smartphones

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry doesn't sell them directly. You'll be redirected to retailers'/carriers' sites (subject to availability).
    04-22-17 05:24 AM
    That's the problem with an accountant being promoted to ceo. There is no vision beyond quarterly results.

"A double minded man is unstable in all his ways."
    True, but just about all C-levels have MBA's. Quarterly results is all shareholders care about so they hire and appoint accordingly. Not saying it's right (especially considering some of the BS I observe and deal with at my own job), but without a visionary billionaire buying a company and taking it private, this is what you wind up with.

I'm here to get girls. Straight up, that's exactly why I'm here.
    app_Developer likes this.
    04-22-17 06:00 AM
    Telegram.
    Thanks for replying!
    Out of curiosity, what draws you to Telegram specifically? If you have answered that question too many times before I get it... (maybe there is a post of you out there with your reasons already? ) And what makes it better compared to BBM? Yes, I haven't used it myself, no one in my social network does so wouldn't be able to try it anyway (when I finally switch to Android).
    04-22-17 08:58 AM
    I really sure it was a fake news..indonesia is the main market for bbm,millions people are using it...it is bad hand writing to take down BlackBerry...android is another blackberry's wing....bbm not make bb lost in profit..blackberry only have issue with old spec smartphone and lack of apps, not the apps developed by blackberry..bbm stil be the best security social apps...really important in daily life

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but most of them now use BBM on Android and iPhones. The story/rumor is only about BBM on BB10. The BBM iOS and Android clients are maintained by Emtek and they provide regular updates.
    04-22-17 12:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but most of them now use BBM on Android and iPhones. The story/rumor is only about BBM on BB10. The BBM iOS and Android clients are maintained by Emtek and they provide regular updates.
    04-22-17 01:47 PM
    If this is true, that will be the last draw and the end of my BBRY support. And the end of me recommending them. For them to screw it's loyal customers like this, especially with BB10. Lol WOW New LOW.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 07:52 AM
    This.

Why would they support bbm for bb10...

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    I assume you are being Sarcastic right? Many people purchased and use BB10 phones. Even the people that bought the Passport 2 weeks ago for there business. And they actively use BB10.

Any truth to this nonsense is more of a reason to stop buying it's products, regardless of OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 07:56 AM
    Thanks for replying!
    Out of curiosity, what draws you to Telegram specifically? If you have answered that question too many times before I get it... (maybe there is a post of you out there with your reasons already? ) And what makes it better compared to BBM? Yes, I haven't used it myself, no one in my social network does so wouldn't be able to try it anyway (when I finally switch to Android).
    Many tech enthusiast recommend Signal over any other being that is open sourced and none of you data stays on the Signal servers for authorities to spy on. Also it's encrypted so no one has the keys except you and the person on the other end.

If I have to change msging platforms it may as well be to Signal

https://www.relativisticramblings.co...ram-vs-signal/

http://gizmodo.com/why-you-should-st...now-1782557415

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 09:23 AM
    I assume you are being Sarcastic right? Many people purchased and use BB10 phones. Even the people that bought the Passport 2 weeks ago for there business. And they actively use BB10.
    BB knows exactly how many BB10 users are active on BBM - they have those stats available, and I would bet that the amount of traffic is quite low and falling. BBM usage in developed markets has been in freefall for 5+ years already, and in the markets where it was still doing well until recently, it was primarily used on BBOS, and is now primarily used on Android, because BB10 had very low adoption there due to the price of the phones.

Killing BBM for BB10 would just be one of a long line of areas where support for BB10 has ended - there's a long list already. But that shouldn't shock anyone, especially current BB10 users. BB10 as a platform has been on its deathbed for a long time already, and various body parts have been amputated to preserve the last bit of life, but that also meant that more and more people left for other platforms, including but not limited to BB Android.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the number of active BB10 users worldwide was under 1M by now, and many of those aren't active BBM users. That number will drop a good deal further by the time 2018 rolls around. Folks need to be realistic about what those numbers mean for the platform.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-23-17 10:32 AM
    BB knows exactly how many BB10 users are active on BBM - they have those stats available, and I would bet that the amount of traffic is quite low and falling. BBM usage in developed markets has been in freefall for 5+ years already, and in the markets where it was still doing well until recently, it was primarily used on BBOS, and is now primarily used on Android, because BB10 had very low adoption there due to the price of the phones.

Killing BBM for BB10 would just be one of a long line of areas where support for BB10 has ended - there's a long list already. But that shouldn't shock anyone, especially current BB10 users. BB10 as a platform has been on its deathbed for a long time already, and various body parts have been amputated to preserve the last bit of life, but that also meant that more and more people left for other platforms, including but not limited to BB Android.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the number of active BB10 users worldwide was under 1M by now, and many of those aren't active BBM users. That number will drop a good deal further by the time 2018 rolls around. Folks need to be realistic about what those numbers mean for the platform.
    You ain't wrong.
    But the big deal here is that they should stop selling OS10 devices then and stop claiming that they are fully committed to OS10.
    That's what makes OS10 fans furious.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 10:47 AM
    Telegram.

This.

Mic drop
    04-23-17 12:01 PM
    BlackBerry will soon change name to GOOGLBERRY, CEO CHENGoogleBerry

Posted via CB10
    How long before BlackBerry becomes a take over for Google on the cheap? The security advantage BlackBerry can provide (plus patents) would be the motivation. That BlackBerry no longer creates phones and has almost 0 market share removes any anti-competitive barriers...
    04-23-17 12:28 PM
    This.

Mic drop
    But waii?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 12:31 PM
    You ain't wrong.
    But the big deal here is that they should stop selling OS10 devices then and stop claiming that they are fully committed to OS10.
    That's what makes OS10 fans furious.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. They create their own negative marketing without any help from anyone else. As of this week, I will be moving on to (ugh) Android because my Z30 is now unreliable both software and hardware-wise. Z going to Android is something that I said that I would never do. Never. But here I am swallowing a bitter pill and moving to it because unfortunately, I don't see a better choice out there. The cheapest best spec phone I can get is a S7 ($0 on my regular contract) and so that'll be it. Hopefully - insert lots of wishful thinking here - Windows Mobile makes a comeback and my next phone afterward will be with MS. I dreamed a dream...
    04-23-17 12:36 PM
    But waii?

Posted via CB10
    Inline Video
    Inline Gif
    Web client
    Desktop Client
    Mentions in groups
    Bots
    File share in group
    Full sized images in groups and chats
    No circa 2005 compression
    Custom and free sticker packs
    Multiple devices with one account
    No long or broken syncs for groups
    Not a resource hog or battery drainer (BBM most definitely is)
    No AD's or data siphoning
    No EMTEK
    Themeable
    End to end encrypted "secret" chats

And I'm probably missing some.

If you want to try it out PM me and I'll add you to a BlackBerry fan group.

FYI - You do not need to share your phone number tho, it requires it to register.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-23-17 12:38 PM
    Inline Video
    Inline Gif
    Web client
    Desktop Client
    Mentions in groups
    Bots
    File share in group
    No EMTEK
    Themeable

FYI - You do not need to share your phone number tho, it requires it to register.
    Can I join?
    04-23-17 12:51 PM
    Inline Video
    Inline Gif
    Web client
    Desktop Client
    Mentions in groups
    Bots
    File share in group
    No EMTEK
    Themeable

Okay okay, thanks for typing that out! No one in my social network uses it, hence my question. Seems like a fully featured app!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 12:51 PM
    Can I join?
    Of course!
    04-23-17 12:52 PM
    The Telegram APK even works pretty well on BB10.
    04-23-17 02:40 PM
    Okay okay, thanks for typing that out! No one in my social network uses it, hence my question. Seems like a fully featured app!

Posted via CB10
    Telegram is popular in Europe according to people I know from there. It is being used more and more among people I know in the US as well. It is also being used for group communication in an organization to which I belong, and works quite well for that. It can be used for broadcast (or one way) messaging as well, by which I mean info only going out from a source without people being able to reply, so the actual announcement isn't buried by a multitude of replies.
    04-23-17 03:16 PM
    Telegram is popular in Europe according to people I know from there. It is being used more and more among people I know in the US as well. It is also being used for group communication in an organization to which I belong, and works quite well for that. It can be used for broadcast (or one way) messaging as well, by which I mean info only going out from a source without people being able to reply, so the actual announcement isn't buried by a multitude of replies.
    Anyone interested in trying out Telegram and wants to join our group let me know.
    04-23-17 04:02 PM
114 12345