@tiaglog, unfortunately you are a little late for April fools articles.

There is absolutely no way Blackberry would do this haha. Also, as others have mentioned. If the article ends in a question mark AND its not from a reliable source. They are just trying to get hits. Which is understandable but don't fall for silly things like this.
    tiaglog likes this.
    04-18-17 05:21 AM
    Will BB10 support eventually end? I think that's inevitable, the population of people using BlackBerry is so small it's unbelievable, I think as a BlackBerry user and fan, I've been living in a bubble. I just came back from a trip to the UK, I had to use my Nexus 6p most of the time because of the Apps I would need to navigate my day to day commute, Uber, Google Chrome, Google Maps and WhatsApp. I didn't even see one BlackBerry in the phone shops, BlackBerry phones are only available for order in the UK online, if you can find one, noteworthy also not a single BlackBerry KeyONE Android phone coming soon ad seen, not one flyer even.

I did not see a single BlackBerry phone in the 2 weeks spent in London, not one except my Patina'd PassPort which was kept in my bag with my roaming number in it. I got a call from back home while on an Uber trip and the Uber driver was shocked!

Is that a Blackberry? Wow! They still make them?!!....I went on to educate him on the PassPort and told him about how Blackberry is not dead and in fact a new phone is coming out within a few weeks and it's Android of which he said "aahhh that makes a lot of sense".....then he spoke about BlackBerry and nostalgia kicked in, but that was it.

I've always and still remain a fan of a PKB BlackBerry phones, but my Android phone has taken over the day-to-day running of my life and business. As an addicted BBM fan, I hardly use it, heck it might as well not be there, why? All of my contacts prefer to use WhatsApp.

All the phones running the Uber driver Apps that I saw were 60% iPhone and 40% Android, most had one of each, so like I said before, the end of BB10 support is inevitable, unfair? Yes agreed, but the truth is why continue to flog a dead horse, I have finally decided to accept the truth, BB10 offers my life zero benefits and yes its all about the Apps, I thought it wasn't because I quite enjoyed sideloading, but I really do not have that time or the patience anymore, I just want to download, install and go. My reliance on Apps really kicked in when Uber started in my Country, I Uber'd it all the way through the UK, there's an App for everything, Dominoes, Papa John I don't use them, but people do and they make life easier.

The KeyONE for me is a most welcome development, I sincerely look forward to it. Many won't be too pleased that BB10 is clearly taking the back burner, updates are great but as long as the ecosystem remains dormant it's useless, tech world advances in leaps and bounds daily, again unfair, but so was dropping BBOS and having to let go of the PlayBook, but hey for those that truly love the brand, BlackBerry deserves the all time living dead award, and above all....they're still moving!
    tiaglog likes this.
    04-18-17 07:15 AM
    Well, I just shared what I've found, and as stated, it's a rumor. If the website just "made it" to get clicks, good for them, but better for us BB10 users hahaha.

Talking about BlackBerry, the devices never got popular in Brazil, nowadays I don't know a single person who uses it, except me. From my more then 300 contacts NO ONE uses BBM, all of them Whatsapp. I forced some to start using it, so now I got 6 xD.

It can be probably just a rumor, lets hope so, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happen once this "new" BlackBerry vibe isn't in favor of BB10, and of us.
    04-18-17 07:43 AM
    @ Uzi Are you sure you're in the right place?
    04-18-17 11:55 AM
    Ok, I contacted the support regarding that matter and here is the answer. Actually predictble words, but good to hear:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry.

Moving forward, BBM will continue to be supported. The decisions regarding apps supporting the BB10 platform, or lack thereof, such as WhatsApp, are not decisions that are made by us and we do not agree with. This has caused us to move to Android with our newer devices and there will be few, if any, updates to BB10 in the future.

Kind regards,

BlackBerry Customer Support
    :
    04-18-17 05:20 PM
    It would be great if this was only PART of the truth and the other part was... to replace it with <some other, better messaging system>. An acquisition of integration of some of the other platforms out there would be hella cool... but .. nah.
    Well, they just picked up an extra 900 million.
    04-18-17 07:14 PM
    Well, they just picked up an extra 900 million.
    RUMOR: BBM on BB10 ending in Feb/2018-psrez.jpg
    pgg101, eiruvrav and anon(3641385) like this.
    04-18-17 07:23 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	psrez.jpg 
Views:	1146 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	421443
    Not a hope in hell
    eiruvrav likes this.
    04-18-17 07:26 PM
    Not a hope in hell
    RUMOR: BBM on BB10 ending in Feb/2018-imgres.jpg
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-18-17 07:28 PM
    The Italians are lying on Blackberry!
    04-18-17 09:31 PM
    Ok, I contacted the support regarding that matter and here is the answer. Actually predictble words, but good to hear:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry.

Moving forward, BBM will continue to be supported. The decisions regarding apps supporting the BB10 platform, or lack thereof, such as WhatsApp, are not decisions that are made by us and we do not agree with. This has caused us to move to Android with our newer devices and there will be few, if any, updates to BB10 in the future.

Kind regards,

BlackBerry Customer Support
    :
    How is this good news. Granted I did not see your question, but did they say BBM for BB10 was still being updated or just that BBM was being updated.

Also, the end of their message sounds bad for any BB10 updates.
    04-19-17 12:59 AM
    How is this good news. Granted I did not see your question, but did they say BBM for BB10 was still being updated or just that BBM was being updated.

Also, the end of their message sounds bad for any BB10 updates.
    Gotta love corporate doublespeak!

"'Security by obscurity' means 'commercial failure.'" - Confucius
    04-19-17 05:44 AM
    Gotta love corporate doublespeak!

"'Security by obscurity' means 'commercial failure.'" - Confucius
    It's hilarious because supporting BBM for bb10 implies that bb10 is supported by definition lol

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    tiaglog likes this.
    04-19-17 05:51 AM
    I doubt it since they say it is a rumor. They do not say this is a fact. If the article had said BlackBerry was definitely not updating BBM for BB10 without foundation and sources that is fake knews. The article says a rumor from a source inside Blackberry which could be a janitor, security guard, or building maintenance tech, said... As long as they use the word rumor it is not news, the story is gossip.

Also you would have to define support and what BlackBerry plans are for February 2018. Anyway it doesn't matter the article is a gossip piece not a news article.
    Gossip many times proceeds the official announcements.

That said, 2018 seems a little early, but then I don't know how many BBM users there are on BB10 right now, or a year from now. Nor do I know the cost of the use of BBM by those BB10 users - BBOS users do still in a way "pay" for the service. We also don't know what plans Emtek has for BBM going forward and what BlackBerry has been planning all along.

In the end BB10 really ended back in 2014, last new phone (and OS upgrade) was launched two years ago so a three year life cycle isn't bad. Just bad timing if you bought a phone that has been out on the market for two years already.... what would you expect?

Yes it's just a rumor... but not too far fetched of one.

Where is that Fact Checking website when you need it.
    04-19-17 10:02 AM
    BlackBerry be like:
    "We did all we could do, but it's out of our hands! We are fully committed to OS10 and worked so hard to do EVERYTHING!!!! Please make a shout on Twitter: #weloveBB10apps maybe that will work!"

BlackBerry users: "What is it about Facebook and WhatsApp?"

BlackBerry: "Nah, BlackBerry Messenger!"

Posted via CB10
    04-19-17 11:16 AM
    This CB news BBM News brings global and local news right into your BBM | CrackBerry.com confirm what italian say. BlackBerry stop to support BBM on BB10 and the new BBM News is available for Andorid and iOS
    04-20-17 11:57 PM
    Are they still officially selling B10 devices?

From my BlackBerry understanding at least 2 years of support has to be guaranteed...

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 01:41 AM
    Are they still officially selling B10 devices?

From my BlackBerry understanding at least 2 years of support has to be guaranteed...

Posted via CB10
    There are no longer any BB10 devices on US ShopBlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 06:23 AM
    This CB news BBM News brings global and local news right into your BBM | CrackBerry.com confirm what italian say. BlackBerry stop to support BBM on BB10 and the new BBM News is available for Andorid and iOS
    This.

Why would they support bbm for bb10...

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    04-21-17 09:23 AM
    Well, let's be clear. BBM on BB10 is stable and working. So, if there are no plans to change either, almost no support is required. They have been pretty clear that they will not be adding additional features to BBM on BB10, but that is not "support." It's new development, and there is no market or funding for that.

The incremental cost for maintaining the BBM servers is probably incidental at this point, and they do have high profile customers paying for BES, so there would be no reason to turn that off.

There is no story here.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-21-17 09:43 AM
    There are no longer any BB10 devices on US ShopBlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    On global site they're still selling Passport SE and even the Leap - so at least two years after selling they would have to support the devices, if taking off BBM is ok, I don't know but sure not fair as it is a key BlackBerry app on those devices...

https://global.blackberry.com/en/smartphones

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 12:11 PM
    And if you need to video or voice call to another bbm user who is most likely on iOS or android?

Oh right - you can't!

They screwed over bbm like their device business.

We'll see how long it takes before bbm news is done, like bbm channels - no users, that's why it's going to fail.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    04-21-17 12:15 PM
    No one really knows what blackberry will do next. Dropping BBM would be an absolute joke. What's next, the Hub?.....this is why I don't think my next device will be a blackberry. Don't really know where this company will be in two years time. So why bother.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 12:52 PM
    No one really knows what blackberry will do next. Dropping BBM would be an absolute joke. What's next, the Hub?.....this is why I don't think my next device will be a blackberry. Don't really know where this company will be in two years time. So why bother.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 05:21 PM
    On global site they're still selling Passport SE and even the Leap - so at least two years after selling they would have to support the devices, if taking off BBM is ok, I don't know but sure not fair as it is a key BlackBerry app on those devices...

https://global.blackberry.com/en/smartphones

Posted via CB10
    Only obligation is to cover the HW warranty, they do not have support the software.
    04-21-17 09:41 PM
114 1234 ...