My buddy works for AT&T, and I was showing him the preview video of BB10. And after telling me he was impressed, he mentioned a BB rep told him to expect new BB's in Dec. We already have a post indicating a November launch for BB10 phones on T-Mo, so an AT&T launch in Dec doesn't seem far fetched, granted they took forever to bring the 9900 to market. Still now, most every other carrier has OS 7.1 and AT&T users are still waiting for the official word. I'd like RIM to be able to slip stream some processes down the road to have carriers test the hardware before then, but the best we can do now is wait. Anyone else heard something similar?

I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan with AT&T, so I wouldn't mind waiting, but if I don't hear different, I'll be the first to switch to T-Mo or *gasp* Verizon.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    05-05-12 01:17 PM
    I wouldn't put a lot of stock in what a "RIM REP" told your AT&T buddy, chances are the RIM rep was a 3rd party representative for RIM, and not someone privy to actual launch details.

I expect that AT&T, T-Mo, Vwz will all launch in the same week, if not the same day, as it is just a single phone to qualify, and it is a major shift for RIM. IF it is a huge success they don't want to miss the party.
    05-05-12 01:29 PM
    ^^^
    The carrier store reps are usually the last to know launch dates.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    big_time2 likes this.
    05-05-12 01:42 PM
    So Sprint customers can probably expect the new phone by June 2013
    big_time2 and madman0141 like this.
    05-05-12 02:37 PM
    There's got to be a grain of truth in this though. I'm thinking they will showcase the ready to sell device at DevCon later this year and will have units ready to sell within weeks. It only makes sense that devs can trade their dev aplha devices for retail units then. I'm patiently waiting for the next PB OS upgrade...

05-05-12 02:40 PM
    RIM has stated a q4 release in 2012 for a long time now. Dec 2012 fits that timeframe. I really dont see how this is a "rumor" when a company has already stating the same thing basically
    05-05-12 02:49 PM
    I wouldn't put a lot of stock in what a "RIM REP" told your AT&T buddy, chances are the RIM rep was a 3rd party representative for RIM, and not someone privy to actual launch details.

I expect that AT&T, T-Mo, Vwz will all launch in the same week, if not the same day, as it is just a single phone to qualify, and it is a major shift for RIM. IF it is a huge success they don't want to miss the party.
    I agree. I think it will be simultaneous launch or close to it on all carriers although it wouldn't surprise me if verizon got it first since they seem to be some of the first to get bb devices.
    05-05-12 02:53 PM
    I think RIM needs to have BB10 launch on all carriers at around the same time, if not, exactly the same time. RIM should do everything it can to hype up BB10 and make people excited for it. RIM should also allow pre-orders for BB10 devices, and a streamlined release date for all carriers would be greatly beneficial.
    05-05-12 03:15 PM
    Well, because of how I got word of this. Also because there is no specific date. Could be dec 31 for all we know. Or maybe earlier. Say november or october?

05-05-12 03:16 PM
    There have been a few RIM reps in the local att offices in my area that when asked, they're instructed to say toward the end of the year.
    05-05-12 03:33 PM
    RIM has stated a q4 release in 2012 for a long time now. Dec 2012 fits that timeframe. I really dont see how this is a "rumor" when a company has already stating the same thing basically
    Im pretty sure ive read several times that it will be in October

First BlackBerry 10 device looking at an October launch | MobileSyrup.com

Exclusive: RIM to Announce First BlackBerry 10 Device in August – Release by October | N4BB - News for BlackBerry - forums, leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews
    05-05-12 05:07 PM
    ^ agree, any month before December is a must at this point. Given the direction the share price is going, the longer it takes to release, the less likely it will be RIM releasing this phone!
    05-05-12 05:20 PM
    I am getting kind of worried about the release date of the BB10 phones. Every month that goes by so sorry another potential loss of a long time bb customer.

Given how little info exists online.about this phone you would have to wonder if late Q4 is more likely than warily Q4. There has been no leaks to accessory manufacturers and no filings with the help patent office or the FCC.
    05-05-12 06:17 PM
    ^ agree, any month before December is a must at this point. Given the direction the share price is going, the longer it takes to release, the less likely it will be RIM releasing this phone!
    The Stock price has nothing to do with RIM's ability to release the device

RIM's cashflow is what has to do with RIM's ability to release the device, and their cash flow is still decent enough to see a launch, it isn't spectacular, but hopefully Mobile Fusion can infuse some cash into the coffers
    05-05-12 06:58 PM
    I will make a prediction that no later than Xmas morning 90% of the users on CrackBerry will have or will be able to get the BB10 device of their choice.
    And no this isn't coming from my x-girl friends brothers college roommates sister in laws neighbors cable TV repairman.
    BB10 will be her in approximately 240 days.
    05-05-12 07:08 PM
    I work at AT&T
    The RIM rep don't know much
    even new Employees know more then the rep.
    Its like these companies hire anyone to be their rep
    as long as they are professional in the work field.
    They don't really need to know much about tech.
    madman0141 likes this.
    05-05-12 07:10 PM
    One time at band camp.......
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    05-05-12 07:20 PM
    One time at band camp.......

hahahhaha lmao
    05-05-12 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD