You guys should all come over to Europe! We don't have carrier problems. We always get our OTA's directly from the manufacturers. But it's funny seeing you guys struggling with them ;p
    Coachbulldog and endevour like this.
    01-21-15 04:36 AM
    If they release to Verizon users they're going to get themselves in some hot water... Visual Voicemail hasn't worked on any 10.3.1 build, including 2072. There's a semi complicated fix for it that no everyday user is going to do.

Verizon customer service reps will quickly find out how many BB10 users they really have.

Posted via CB10
    and no 10.3.1 radio ever works on our VZW phones either. I'm betting we won't get it at all.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-21-15 07:20 AM
    do we xD xD
    01-21-15 10:24 AM
    What about BlackBerry officially redirecting to CrackBerry for support?

"Crowd-source Support"

;-)
    Not going to happen.
    01-21-15 10:33 AM
    You guys should all come over to Europe! We don't have carrier problems. We always get our OTA's directly from the manufacturers. But it's funny seeing you guys struggling with them ;p
    Europe is mobile heaven.... *wistful sigh*
    01-21-15 10:38 AM
    So basically, rumor has it that we won't have to wait for Carriers to release os updates anymore!
    This falls into the "I'll believe it when I see it" category. Carriers certify builds on their networks and contractually control the right to get things to their users.

Yeah, I know Apple rolls out updates directly to all users, but they're the only ones who get away with it. Again, probably by forcing it contractually.

I seriously doubt BlackBerry themselves is happy about not being able to roll out globally. Or anyone else subject to carrier whims for that matter.
    01-21-15 12:21 PM
    If BlackBerry can push out OS 10.3 beta updates to the general public through the Beta Zone and bypass carriers, then what's to stop them pushing out updates to everyone and bypass the carriers? They can leave the radio stack alone and push the OS update as needed.
    I don't know if we'll see this but I hope we do. And I think BlackBerry needs to be in control of updates, especially now that cyber-security is so important.
    01-21-15 12:26 PM
    jonty12 If they release to Verizon users they're going to get themselves in some hot water... Visual Voicemail hasn't worked on any 10.3.1 build, including 2072. There's a semi complicated fix for it that no everyday user is going to do.

Verizon customer service reps will quickly find out how many BB10 users they really have.
    jaydee5799 and no 10.3.1 radio ever works on our VZW phones either. I'm betting we won't get it at all.
    I admit I know very little about all that goes into a new version of a phone's operating system being released, but it was always frustrated being a Verizon BlackBerry owner and having to wait longer than any other carrier in the world to get the latest BlackBerry OS. What I don't understand is why does Verizon allow Apple to push their operating system updates directly to the consumer and not BlackBerry?
    01-21-15 12:55 PM
    Hope this will be a reality come the 27th

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 01:28 PM
    I admit I know very little about all that goes into a new version of a phone's operating system being released, but it was always frustrated being a Verizon BlackBerry owner and having to wait longer than any other carrier in the world to get the latest BlackBerry OS. What I don't understand is why does Verizon allow Apple to push their operating system updates directly to the consumer and not BlackBerry?
    Being Canadian, a bit confused about the whole Verizon thing. It seems like an outlier. A great big, huge, outlier.. Always an awkward sitch
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    01-21-15 01:37 PM
    Because US carriers are so afraid of Apple, they all wear diapers when they have conferences.
    Patience on what happens after the 27th, running 10.3.1.2072 with 2073 radio and no problems.

01-21-15 03:15 PM
    Why would they release it on the 27th if they already said they would do it in February?

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 03:26 PM
    Being Canadian, a bit confused about the whole Verizon thing. It seems like an outlier. A great big, huge, outlier.. Always an awkward sitch
    Verizon is CDMA network at least always has been. They have the best coverage in most places in the USA. Blackberry seems to be bad at radios for the CDMA networks or they just don't care. I know. Most of the world is on GSM but what are we to do about it when GSM, AT&T -TMO, who told bb to stick it don't work where we live and go?
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-21-15 08:47 PM
    Because US carriers are so afraid of Apple, they all wear diapers when they have conferences.
    Patience on what happens after the 27th, running 10.3.1.2072 with 2073 radio and no problems.
    Lucky you. Wish that were the case for me! And no they aren't afraid of them. Apple can dictate because they sell and it use to be what every Tom Richard and Harry asked for.
    01-21-15 08:49 PM
    This is great news, because I'm going to make a solid and valid point. 1) In America carriers run the show. 2) Carriers ruin the experience of having the latest and greatest. 3) CDMA devices(verizon/sprint) always have radio issues when buying outside carrier branded devices limiting your handset capabilities / compatability. 4) Unlocked devices from manufacturer is always a GSM device unless specifically noted. 5) Carrier approval is mainly needed for carrier app features / CDMA device radios. 6) Consumers need to stop depending on carriers and manufactures for knowing what is supported A) look up which cellular bands and which tech(cdma or gsm) your carrier uses. B) If unbranded unlocked devices utilize all the same bands and tech then it will be supported. C) Visual Voice mail is just an app that has to be enabled on the carriers end or its an app that requires an extra fee for use. D) All hardware has the capabilities and all of the Os's supports all carrier features. E) Carriers are d***s in general and will only pick and choose which ones they want to enable support to. If you didn't buy it from them they don't care. I have a factory unlocked unbranded (carrier) Z10 stl100-3 that is on Official 10.2.1.3442 (non carrier) and I still get T-Mobile visual voice-mail and Wifi calling. Guys do heavy research and have a better understanding of the hardware capabilities and if it matches what the carriers use. The issues and bugs many of you experience are from non official / leaked OS's thus the issues / instability factors. BlackBerry has enough support to do this and it is preferable to go through the manufacturer because it is their device. Apps / Carriers Should never dictate our core device experience!!! Verizon makes their vvm app and it is up to them to work with the new os for compatability not blackberry because vvm is not part of the OS!!! Same goes with other carriers! I own a Nexus 6 on T-Mobile and it doesn't do wifi calling, but an update this quarter will allow it to do that (T-Mobile's end not manufacturer). Apple and Google (stock) are the only devices that are not updated through the carriers. If that is possible, what would posses some to believe that BlackBerry wouldn't follow this fashion. It provides that everyone owns the same exact device and if it has a software problem then everyone with same device has problem. Carriers just make it harder to have the same experience across-the-board and ruin the experience. That is why BlackBerry will most likely join apple in this venture. Carrier features are app controlled add-ons that need better development (Carriers fault) carriers need to accept it and just let consumers know from the jump that their features might not work the same in Manufacture os updates and will work on a solution themselves. Carriers already have the OS to work, tweak and play with so by launch their apps should be fully supported by time of official release!!! In short blame the carrier and take matters into your own hands if you are well educated and versed in mobile technology! See you guys on the 27th.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 08:57 AM
    Also one last point, for CDMA users (Verizon /Sprint) not being able to buy a factory unlocked device for your service is a sad situation and I feel for each and every one of you. Especially if that is the only services you can get in your location. Unfortunately those are the breaks.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-22-15 09:02 AM
    Verizon is CDMA network at least always has been. They have the best coverage in most places in the USA. Blackberry seems to be bad at radios for the CDMA networks or they just don't care. I know. Most of the world is on GSM but what are we to do about it when GSM, AT&T -TMO, who told bb to stick it don't work where we live and go?
    Just read a great article on this from PC mag, written by Sascha Segan. USA is definitely an outlier in being mostly CDMA but there are definitive, historic reasons how & why this occurred. What was once a feature, however, has become a bug.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and thedose like this.
    01-22-15 09:38 AM
    At least, in Verizon's case, they are using the GSM based LTE, that's why the BlackBerry phones on their network have the GSM side unlocked, and you need their SIM to get LTE.

I think they want to eventually switch over to Voice over LTE, and then they can dump their CDMA lines altogether (except for whatever legacy/feature/dumb phones they have left on their network) - since they are mostly used for voice at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 10:08 AM
    My previous two phones were Nexus 4 and then Moto X no need for carrier approval on Tmo and I constantly got OS updates no need for carrier approval.
    01-22-15 10:09 AM
    I don't care about 10.3 update anymore, either official or leak until new 10.4 or 10.3.2 was rumored again. Or new big change update happen.

For me, 10.3.1.2072 is flawless even sometime screen flickering happen.

Posted via my huge all in one device, Passport!!!
    01-22-15 10:36 AM
    This is great news, because I'm going to make a solid and valid point.

1) In America carriers run the show.

2) Carriers ruin the experience of having the latest and greatest.

3) CDMA devices(verizon/sprint) always have radio issues when buying outside carrier branded devices limiting your handset capabilities / compatability.
    For the love of God, please in future write your articles with line breaks? I tried to fix it as best I could..

And don't blame CB10 for formatting, you may not be able to use lists or fancy text easily, but you can still press <Enter> -.-

However, on topic, I agree with most of what you said!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-22-15 03:58 PM
    For the love of God, please in future write your articles with line breaks?

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    No $h!t. There was probably something insightful, but I gave up reading after the first few lines.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T / Z10 STL100-3 / 10.3.1.1154
    zephyr613 and Kurt Fathul like this.
    01-22-15 08:56 PM
    No $h!t. There was probably something insightful, but I gave up reading after the first few lines.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T / Z10 STL100-3 / 10.3.1.1154
    I did not even waste time reading that much. I looked at it and just skipped it.
    01-22-15 09:20 PM
    Heaven...really?

I have 3 cellular accounts in the EU for years. Aside spotty coverage, crosstalk, data at a snail's pace, & cost through the roof, the sole good feature is the fact only the caller pays airtime while in the usa both cellular caller & recipient use airtime. But, why is that?? Because the sellers of AIR CAN & we allow it & pay... but nothing we shell out comes even close to the usurious fees for cellular in the EU !!

01-22-15 11:18 PM
    Unless they've offloaded the support to some third party company or organization.

Just playing devils advocate.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 11:25 PM
302 12345 ...