So yeah, the rotation lock on the Z10 (and I am assuming the Z3 and Z30 as well) forces the rotation to stay in portrait all time, rather than allowing either portrait or landscape, depending on which was active at the time of locking. This is not very convenient when attempting to read in landscape mode while laying on one's side in bed, as the natural, comftable tilt of the screen causes it to rotate back to portrait mode. This, of course, is not an issue on the PlayBook, as the PlayBook OS allows one to lock either portrait or landscape.

Anyhow, this has been bothering me since I upgraded to this Z10 in December 2013. Hopefully someone at BlackBerry could take some time to improve this feature of BlackBerry 10, please and thanks.

- Disco Trooper CB10Z10
    05-23-14 11:55 PM
    I'm guessing that if landscape orientation ever comes to the homescreen, then maybe we will be able to lock it either way
    Doggerz likes this.
    05-24-14 12:02 AM
    I haven't been bothered by this, Rotation Lock does a good job. When I read an article on a website without a mobile version while I'm lying on bed, I put my Z10 in Rotation Lock and enable Reader Mode so all I will do is to scroll up or down, not left or right.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    05-24-14 12:15 AM
    Reader is a crutch that does not function with many forums and sites in general.

- Disco Trooper CB10Z10
    05-24-14 02:43 PM
    Reader is a crutch that does not function with many forums and sites in general.

- Disco Trooper CB10Z10
    Nope, not really.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    05-25-14 09:14 AM
    I agree, it is not as convenient as the PlayBook. I do have a work around though. Turn off rotation lock, hold the phone horizontal so it rotates into landscape mode, then turn the phone upside-down with the power button towards the floor. The phone will stay in landscape mode and you can read in bed (or lay on the couch and type posts in Crackberry forums).

Posted via CB10
    ronfc likes this.
    05-25-14 10:06 AM
    Also, would be nice to have the "peek" gesture when in landscape mode. Currently, swiping from the "bottom" when in landscape mode minimizes the opened app, instead of giving the peek to the hub and subsequent "swipe right" to access the hub.

Posted via CB10
    ronfc likes this.
    05-26-14 08:53 PM