09-22-15 03:36 AM
36 12
tools
    Yes, some PlayBook owners (including myself) will never forget. Even with this dagger, the PlayBook (my first blackberry) was so good that I came back with the passport.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I got my money's worth with my PlayBook.
    Have owned nothing but BlackBerry since my trusty 8120 many moons ago.
    Just have to be realistic and learn from the past when BlackBerry executives say something.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2639 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 09-20-15 at 04:49 PM.
    09-20-15 01:01 PM
    BB10 with the hub is still the best reliable working phone I have ever had.
    I can't see why they don't continue it.
    Any chance I can buy it ?
    I have ideas for killer hardware, just need a good OS and some additional apps ...
    09-20-15 04:08 PM
    Yep, I haven't upgraded since my Q10 back in March of 2014. The lack of support with new OS roll out is keeping me from putting any more cash to my 4th Blackberry. I love BB10 but if the push is going to be android based I'll start looking at the new Nexus5x if I go the android route.
    09-20-15 05:13 PM
    Firstly, carrier's don't "roll out" updates. Instead, carriers give approval to BlackBerry to dispatch updates to devices on their network.

Secondly, my phone is unlocked. The roll-out mechanism, to the best of my knowledge, is based on the carrier of the last SIM inserted into the phone. I purchased mine from Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    So there's a difference? The bottom line is, the update exists. You will not receive it "carrier approved" for your phone unless your carrier says so, whether the download is from Blackberry or not. It's STILL not Blackberry's fault your phone isn't updated.

If it really mattered that much to you, again, you'd download the update yourself instead of complaining. You're fortunate enough to own a phone that has a system in place to install old updates or new updates at a whim, and switch from one version of the OS to another any time you wish, and you complain because someone else won't do the work for you.
    09-20-15 05:19 PM
    Attachment 372097

Yeah OP I feel you, #ripbb10

Lol
    That truly made me LOL. Thanks for that Usman!

Posted via CB10 on Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-20-15 06:21 PM
    So there's a difference? The bottom line is, the update exists. You will not receive it "carrier approved" for your phone unless your carrier says so, whether the download is from Blackberry or not. It's STILL not Blackberry's fault your phone isn't updated.

If it really mattered that much to you, again, you'd download the update yourself instead of complaining. You're fortunate enough to own a phone that has a system in place to install old updates or new updates at a whim, and switch from one version of the OS to another any time you wish, and you complain because someone else won't do the work for you.
    No, it's not BlackBerry's fault at all. It was obviously some other party that was involved in the negotiations with carriers as to the SLA for approving updates.

Updating through Sachesi is a hack, a work-around.

Ever wonder why Apple doesn't have this issue updating its devices? It's because that's a position they negotiated for themselves.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 12:53 AM
    BlackBerry has already spoken.

"We remain committed to BlackBerry 10, which provides security and productivity benefits that are unmatched. And while we cant share details right now, there is more coming to the BlackBerry 10 platform after the June release of 10.3.2 and we will keep you updated.

In addition to BlackBerry 10, we continue to encourage innovation and investment in solutions across all major mobile OS platforms supported by the BES12 platform.

Cheers,
    Lou"
    While they most certainly have contractual obligations to maintain certain levels of bb10, I believe that moving forward you will possibly only see bb10 on very VERY cheap hardware meant for mass enterprise distribution, and that's being optomistic. They can say whatever they like, but their actions with developers and the slowdown of the actual OS says enough. BB10 is dying .
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-21-15 02:25 AM
    Typical. You blame BlackBerry for your carrier's laziness in rolling out the update. If you want updates directly from BlackBerry, then you buy an unlocked phone. Otherwise you update it yourself or keep pouting and wait for your carrier to drag its *** and "get around to it."

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2474
    The BlackBerry updates don't really add anything new. I got the 10.3.2.2474 update last night on my Q10 and it's the same. It's certainly not an iOS or Android update.

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast likes this.
    09-21-15 12:10 PM
    Updates are imperative to a successful OS. BlackBerry has limited updates to make their products better and the updates they do create no one will ever get because of carriers not releasing them. Whether it's a major update or minor update with bug fixes they're hard to get.

From my ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.798
    09-21-15 03:38 PM
    Updates are imperative to a successful OS. BlackBerry has limited updates to make their products better and the updates they do create no one will ever get because of carriers not releasing them. Whether it's a major update or minor update with bug fixes they're hard to get.

From my ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.798
    Nailed it right on the head!

And even if a person were to update their phone outside of the carrier... via Sachesi or autoloader. I saw one of the sites that has the set of files to load. There are various file for the OS and the radio, and (I could be wrong) a 3rd file. Basically there are various combinations of files and file versions you can mix and match! I don't have the time of day to mix and match and pray that it works on my phone and my carrier.
    09-21-15 03:55 PM
    10.3.3 is as likely to emerge as the pope getting pinched for pinching the maid's ars at the Plaza hotel in NYC...
    09-22-15 03:36 AM
36 12