As many people here I've been really impressed with how BB10 is turning out. They seem to have matched lot of key features iPhones has and more. One thing I'm curious about is if rim has or is making an icloud like service for bb10.
    I'm an iPhone user now that's looking to switch (back) this year, but I've grown to really love icloud wireless backups, photostream and the syncing features it brings, amongst many other features. Is anything like this in store for BBs?
    01-16-13 11:31 PM
    With RIM selling NewBay, I think we may not see one centralized cloud service provided by RIM for everything, but I think they will have some things provided by RIM itself that will be cloud-based (BB World, Email stuff, etc.), but other things will be handled by third-parties (Evernote for the Remember notes/tasks stuff is known already). It'd be great if it is modular and you can plugin whatever cloud provider you want to use for things. We know there are some "cloud" icons that have been seen, so who knows.
    01-16-13 11:38 PM
    I guess we'll have to wait and see. iCloud automatic backup I think we all can agree is a killer feature. Hoping for rim to offer something like that
    01-16-13 11:44 PM
    Dropbox and Box will be heavily integrated into BB10 along with Docs to Go integration. It'll be interesting to see how RIM is going to leverage partners for cloud related functionalities...
    01-16-13 11:52 PM
    Probably not high on the list of priorities right now, but I think it is key that RIM develops its own offering eventually.
    01-17-13 12:38 AM
    Will dropbox offer free 50GB storage for BB10 users?
    01-17-13 01:57 AM
    Will dropbox offer free 50GB storage for BB10 users?
    DROPbox? No.

Box? Probably so.
    01-17-13 10:20 PM
    To me I would assume they are going to allow you to use DropBox as a "cloud" of sorts. They have been pushing it and we have seen that the app will already be there, but in just 2 weeks we will know for sure!!!
    01-17-13 11:19 PM
    Doesn't BB Protect do backups. I'm really confused about the cloud solution that RIM will offer since we keep hearing about Box, DropBox and Evernote Integration but then in a leaked screenshot there was a setting called BlackBerry Cloud and then we found out they sold NewBay so I am really confused.
    01-18-13 11:03 PM
    Doesn't BB Protect do backups. I'm really confused about the cloud solution that RIM will offer since we keep hearing about Box, DropBox and Evernote Integration but then in a leaked screenshot there was a setting called BlackBerry Cloud and then we found out they sold NewBay so I am really confused.
    Yes BB Protect will back up your data to a cloud service. I have no idea what cloud is used but it is based on your BBID.
    01-18-13 11:18 PM
    I guess we'll have to wait and see. iCloud automatic backup I think we all can agree is a killer feature. Hoping for rim to offer something like that
    RIM is partnering with Kim Dotcom's new Mega to provide all the fully-encrypted, distributed cloud storage you can use. We need a full-featured BlackBerry Protect service offering full backup and restoration with upload/download of the backup archive, remote location and control of the device, among other features.
    01-20-13 09:40 AM
    RIM is partnering with Kim Dotcom's new Mega to provide all the fully-encrypted, distributed cloud storage you can use. We need a full-featured BlackBerry Protect service offering full backup and restoration with upload/download of the backup archive, remote location and control of the device, among other features.
    Let's hope they add some bandwidth then before the 30th. Have you tried to get to Mega the last 2 days? Impossible.

If it were true, will be interesting to see what the entertainment industry's response to it would be - Mr. Dot Com is not their favorite person ;-)
    01-20-13 10:36 AM
    Lol, been trying to register, can't get through, MEGA busy it seems. If he manages to stay out of the USA grasp he will be a even richer beyond belief soon.

01-20-13 10:43 PM
    Let's hope they add some bandwidth then before the 30th. Have you tried to get to Mega the last 2 days? Impossible.

If it were true, will be interesting to see what the entertainment industry's response to it would be - Mr. Dot Com is not their favorite person ;-)
    I tried to active an account and the process caused the registration key to fail. So my email address is permanently unusable because there is no password reset feature and no way to reactivate an incomplete registration caused by Mega. Mr. DotCom is not my favorite person at the moment.
    01-21-13 07:14 AM
    Probably not high on the list of priorities right now, but I think it is key that RIM develops its own offering eventually.
    They need to have there own offering, i totally agree. Microsoft, Apple and Google all have their own. Ubuntu, which is releasing their own mobile OS next year, has a cloud offering too. RIM can't be the only one without a cloud backing their services. Hopefully they realize this.
    01-21-13 07:49 AM
    Hi,

I invite you to read my thread about PlayCloud 10 for BlackBerry 10.

Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, SugarSync and standards services as FTP, WebDAV are supported.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=7698274

Nicolas
    01-21-13 08:28 AM
    A backup solution has been available for quite some time via BlackBerry Protect.
    01-21-13 08:32 AM