I was thinking again...

Since rims goal is to get rid of the j2me and cod/jad platform, maybe they can make this for blackberry developers.

I was thinking, there should me a web api for blackberry browser only. This means that it will be a special coding on a webpage that only a blackberry can read and execute.

Such examples can be websites such as blogs.

You access the blog,the website loads special web api programming. The phone executes it and allows for you to use the menu key to make a shortcut. Or a full scale menu to take over the blackberry browser one. It can have options in which once pressed, can take you to the feed, subscribe or mark as a favorite icon. Maybe on ESPN, they can partner with scoremobile. On the espn website, when highlighting a game, click the menu and you can select track on scorewmobile

A web api for blackberry will be mind boggling and unique.

Basically, web apps riminvented!

its pretty cool. It can add functionality.

Oh another one I just thought of...

You are playing an html 5 game on your phone. Blackberry browser should have a web-app to blackberry app converter on board. You liked the web app but you want to take it with you offline. Click menu, convert to app and bingo!

What do you guys think? The idea any good?
    It allows web integration with blackberry.
    03-10-12 11:40 AM
    O ...I don't know...
    Everyone who design websites know that it takes a lot of work to make it functions on different browsers already. With html 5, ppl want get rid of Flash, unify access, make web experience richer and add more functions to the websites.
    Big website owners make own apps for their services. Apps = complete package to access content and operate all functions in a more efficient way. I think the best what they can do is add more functionalities to their websites to solve things that you suggested. I mean they didn't even bother to make it for PCs, why would they do it for smartphones. It's just too much work.

The trend is: "If you want something then write an app for that"
    03-10-12 12:36 PM
    I only have one thing i want to suggest to RIM. Release Cascades SDK to developer as soon as you can. So the developer can make use of it and make truly mind blowing apps.
    howarmat and quik4life like this.
    03-10-12 02:53 PM
    Nice. Cascades looks beautiful
    03-10-12 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD