That's right! And it pays darn good too! Since BB10 came out, Google has paid off my house, 2 cars and my student loans! All for saying mean things about BlackBerry!

Google knows that BB10 is a serious threat to android and if it wasn't for its massive group of paid Crackberry bashers, BB10 would for sure be the #1 phone OS in the world.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    And then you woke up and it was all a dream
    04-07-16 03:31 PM
    That's right! And it pays darn good too! Since BB10 came out, Google has paid off my house, 2 cars and my student loans! All for saying mean things about BlackBerry!

Google knows that BB10 is a serious threat to android and if it wasn't for its massive group of paid Crackberry bashers, BB10 would for sure be the #1 phone OS in the world.

Wait... they only gave me enough for one house and one car. If they don't pony up, I'm going to join the BBRY guys and promote BlackBerry back to 10% marketshare.

Chen has stated he isn't emotional about hardware... in other words it just business for him. He looks at the number, he looks at where BlackBerry is and how competitive they can be.... hardware (reseller), software (app development), marketing, partners and carrier relations. And I think he is smart enough to know that BlackBerry isn't going to be a major hardware player again. Maybe they can fight BlackPhone and KNOX in the security market with Android. But that market just wasn't large enough to support BB10's on going development.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-07-16 03:54 PM
    This is the right time for BlackBerry to advertise the cool BlackBerry 10 os.As the market share for Windows phone is rapidly going down.Too many people are fade up with android and insecured ios(recently ios 9.3.1 is hacked) .so this is the time for BlackBerry to market os 10 properly rather than the over priced android dumb.

BlackBerry z3
    Tell me, How is Mr Rourke and Tattoo doing on the island these days?
    The_Passporter likes this.
    04-07-16 03:58 PM
    I blew my cash on a helicopter.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-07-16 04:25 PM
    Blackberry 10 OS was believe it or not, the most stable mobile operating system i'd ever encounter. The most productive OS to be clear.
    The only problem with it is the application gap. If Blackberry can plant Google Play Services in it, for sure Bb 10 users will proudly put their Bb 10 phones on the table again.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 04:25 PM
    If BlackBerry cross to other side of street, to be android poltron, its all over. They will only sell software. One word:Nokia.
    Seems you missed John Chen saying his focus right now was on software lol.
    04-07-16 05:03 PM
    And better droid phones running a buy get one and get one free.

Woof!
    04-07-16 05:06 PM
    Maybe the answer isn't BB10 or Android, but a new way forward, such as a BB version of Android along the lines of OnePlus' Oxygen OS. This would allow BB to differentiate itself better from the Android market, while at the same time ensuring full compatibility with the Android ecosystem
    04-07-16 05:34 PM
    Hmmmmm...Sounds like you get paid per negative post about BlackBerry OS. You have literally commented on every single thread in favor of android. Get Priv (if you haven't already) and go to forums for android.

Posted via CB10
    I am sorry if I offend but I am merely stating the reality of the situation on BB10. I still sport my Passport and love it to death but it does not detract me from what I know to be and if BlackBerry had Microsoft's pockets we would be able to do what you suggested but this is a different game that must be played, as much as you or I dislike it. BB10 is the best OS as far as we here are all concerned but because BlackBerry is handicapped when it comes to promoting and advertising I don't see any hope for it.

I never buy a first year model car and relate that strategy to the Priv, not to mention it's a slider phone which I thought to be more susceptible to drop damage, dirt, dust and water or moisture so for those reasons I did not pull the trigger. I do understand that there is a Z30 style Android Phone coming and for that I may.

One thing I don't understand is why Chen would only give one year to turn around devices and hardware when most people are on a two or three year plan. You can't possible give it a fair chance if people are still locked into a plan. They've been dragging their feet this long, why set a date too short unless Chen has some pressure on him to complete the turnaround in such a time frame. Be it his wife or health or career staging I don't know but it strikes me as odd.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 04-07-16 at 09:24 PM.
    04-07-16 06:44 PM
    Aren't the Nexus devices running clean Android? Would BlackBerry do such a thing?

Posted via CB10
    They could make a nexus device that has the keys if anybody so chose to download and install BlackBerry software I guess. Other android devices have to be rooted to get that software on them

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 08:38 PM
    While I would like for both BB10 and for the handset division to survive, the time unfortunately has come and gone. There are many reasons, both market and self inflicted wounds to feet and knees with a hand gun while blind drunk, however, the ulitmate final cause is a lack of vision, commitment and creativity from current management.

There are many examples of companies that did a turn around, built upon its strengths, maintained its core, created a desired niche, Apple being just one. I am uncertain if BB has the ability, the desire, the competency and the sheer bloody mindedness to succeed.

However, I do know for certain, current management has to cease its years long "PR" about maybe being in the handset business, maybe not being in the handset business. All it does is create a wait and see mentality in the market or a complete pass on the part of customers. Everyone I know accepts a product may be discontinued or the company may go bankrupt. However, I know of no company that says to its loyal customers and markets it seeks to develop, "we have a great product, but we may stop making it, or in fact even close down, but hey, buy our widgets". And this is even before the widget is released.....
    The_Passporter and heepman like this.
    04-07-16 08:55 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is a perfect competitor to Android and IOS and if BlackBerry will not develop their own OS they are giving up and becoming Google's *****.
    Gave! They gave up!
    04-07-16 10:44 PM
    If you were CEO, how much of a budget would you approve for this advertising?
    I would ask Prem Watsa to invest 5 million dollars in the company. Use most of that to advertise for the priv and make it available to more carriers. Problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 05:01 AM
    BlackBerry needs to make money to stay afloat and if that means going full android os then so be it. You guys need to stop acting so entitled like BlackBerry owes you more BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 10:39 AM
    While I would like for both BB10 and for the handset division to survive, the time unfortunately has come and gone. There are many reasons, both market and self inflicted wounds to feet and knees with a hand gun while blind drunk, however, the ulitmate final cause is a lack of vision, commitment and creativity from current management.

There are many examples of companies that did a turn around, built upon its strengths, maintained its core, created a desired niche, Apple being just one. I am uncertain if BB has the ability, the desire, the competency and the sheer bloody mindedness to succeed.

However, I do know for certain, current management has to cease its years long "PR" about maybe being in the handset business, maybe not being in the handset business. All it does is create a wait and see mentality in the market or a complete pass on the part of customers. Everyone I know accepts a product may be discontinued or the company may go bankrupt. However, I know of no company that says to its loyal customers and markets it seeks to develop, "we have a great product, but we may stop making it, or in fact even close down, but hey, buy our widgets". And this is even before the widget is released.....
    Agree completely! I have no idea why they let Chen do all the PR work when all he does is sabotage the set plan by revealing time lines.

As bad as they are they should have just said nothing at all and told us nothing except these updates will be coming and such and such a phone is planned but to say that you should buy their product when they are on track to end production and support according to his statements on the time line for profit (which is not panning out) is asinine.

Hopefully he wises up and removes his time line before the announcement of their next phone or the end of BlackBerry in hardware will be a certainty.

Posted via CB10
    jgag337 likes this.
    04-08-16 11:29 AM
    BlackBerry needs to make money to stay afloat and if that means going full android os then so be it. You guys need to stop acting so entitled like BlackBerry owes you more BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    Acting entitled? We are the consumers.... we ARE entitled to a level of commitment from Blackberry. Especially those fully invested in BB10 ecosystem and those who recently purchased new devices. Blackberry doesn't determine trends or market direction, they cant MAKE us do or buy anything and when we see them doing something foolish we have every right to criticize. Until they start handing out free products or offering a complimentary service of some sort they need to start listening to the consumer. That is exactly why they are where they are now. It is our money that they need to keep afloat.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    04-08-16 11:49 AM
    Acting entitled? We are the consumers.... we ARE entitled to a level of commitment from Blackberry.
    Right. You are entitled to a device that is guaranteed to function for a reasonable period of time, as defined by the product warranty and whatever your local consumer protection laws may state. If, beyond that period of time, you don't feel that your device meets your needs, and Blackberry does not offer a device that you feel does meet your needs, you are entitled to buy a product from another company.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-08-16 01:39 PM
    Agree completely! I have no idea why they let Chen do all the PR work when all he does is sabotage the set plan by revealing time lines.

Posted via CB10
    It's because Chen is the only person left at blackberry. After a pr session, he rushes back to the office to work on pseudo software updates for bb10 while building new prototype android devices out of old egg cartons...
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    04-09-16 08:56 AM
    Acting entitled? We are the consumers.... we ARE entitled to a level of commitment from Blackberry. Especially those fully invested in BB10 ecosystem and those who recently purchased new devices.
    Your level of commitment is your warranty. And if BlackBerry goes out of business or gets bought out, even that doesn't have to be honored.

Products get discontinued all the time. Should Ford sell horse buggies just because somebody doesn't want a car? Should Microsoft support windows XP until the end of time just because a small percentage refuse to get Windows 7 or 10? I'm sure anyone who has been using XP since 2001 is far more fully invested than you will ever be in BlackBerry 10. But guess what? Its time has come and gone.

JeepBB likes this.
    04-09-16 09:25 AM
    the right time to close the hardware division for good
    04-09-16 06:18 PM
    Not worth it anymore financially. BB10 has no chance against iOS and Android now that they're both so widely used. BlackBerry needs to move on to Android if they want to stay alive in hardware.

Posted via CB10
    what for? 600,000 units a quarter at asp of 315 means not even half were Privs, which = total flop on the Android front as well.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-09-16 06:20 PM
    Bb10 is dead! Go team Priv!

Posted via My BlackBerry PRIV cause I'm a Priviot
    04-09-16 06:25 PM
    If you were CEO, how much of a budget would you approve for this advertising?
    The money I would have spent in making the PRIV for instance. Or to be used in making another android phone. That would have been money better spent.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 08:36 PM
48 12