What is the use of reverse contrast mode in BlackBerry 10. Is it useful??

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 07:48 PM
    0) So you can run in Dark Mode.
    1)For apps that run in predominantly white-backgrounds and there are a lot (without user-selectable options to change it). It reverses the colours of the text to white, and the background to black.
    So for example a docs to go SPREADSHEET or DOC can be black-background with white inputs.
    Useful also for Adobe reader in some cases.

1.50) Not sure about the technology but there may be some power savings or (1.55)screen wear savings? as well to work dark.
    2) Side-effect ...you can get a DARK HUB !!! DARK Dialer Dark, DARK Remember Makes your photos look cool negative-like
    2) Reduced eye-strain in dark environments (ie darken the whole screen), can act like a night mode for your device.
    3) If you are visually impaired the high-contrast may be easier on your focus/vision

....and I find working a long time in the light mode can hasten eye-strain, or fatigue but maybe that's me. So if you spend a lot of time typing a doc or working a sheet it may be easier to work in reverse mode.

OF COURSE THIS OPTION REVERSES CONTRAST FOR THE ENTIRE DEVICE, DON'T KNOW ABOUT EXCEPTIONS (SO IT WILL NOT BE USEFUL FOR DRAWING APPS AND MAYBE MOST GAMES)
    Accessed by [Settings][Accessibility][ Reverse Contrast Toggle]
    Last edited by i_plod_an_dr_void; 05-08-17 at 08:20 PM.
    05-08-17 08:08 PM