11-06-16 11:30 AM
616 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    Mine stopped working on my Q5 too. I had to restart the phone then it worked again.

Anyone have any word on an official?

Posted via 3GS
    Restart fixed it . Thanks! So many games to play...

Via Pasta CB10
    Pcmx likes this.
    06-24-15 08:33 AM
    Stayed up late playing with some ideas as I don't like how RetroArch crashes so rebuilt it using the 10.3.1 API. Then had to rebuild cores to go with it. I have not had a single crash now on opening and have run it hundreds of times.

I may be one of very few people playing Vectrex on a BlackBerry right now

3do and Dos are other things I like. I actually picked up a FZ-10 console not too long ago and really own that Sailor Moon game, no joke! I got them going but 3do is quite slow and there's no keyboard for Dos. I think I may have told the program that the BlackBerry keypad is a game controller! I wonder if a Z keyboard would work?

Fba (arcade) is not built. I don't really know what it is to build it hehe. Gameboy is crippled.. It disables the menu button and has problems with saved games. Still runs.. One thing I see different is maybe it's in another programming language. I still can't get prboom to work.

Playstation is updated and not crashing now but Snes is weird in a sense that sounds get cut off. The crackly sound across the board is same as ever. Maybe there's something up with vsync and audio drivers.

I have more ideas but the idk about the Gameboy core. Going to test this on some other devices then maybe if it's useful to anyone could possibly toss up a beta release or something
    06-25-15 02:27 PM
    I'm just going to say 'THANKS'!!!

Via Pasta CB10
    06-25-15 03:14 PM
    Stayed up late playing with some ideas as I don't like how RetroArch crashes so rebuilt it using the 10.3.1 API. Then had to rebuild cores to go with it. I have not had a single crash now on opening and have run it hundreds of times.

3do and Dos are other things I like. I actually picked up a FZ-10 console not too long ago and really own that Sailor Moon game, no joke! I got them going but 3do is quite slow and there's no keyboard for Dos. I think I may have told the program that the BlackBerry keypad is a game controller! I wonder if a Z keyboard would work?

Fba (arcade) is not built. I don't really know what it is to build it hehe. Gameboy is crippled.. It disables the menu button and has problems with saved games. Still runs.. One thing I see different is maybe it's in another programming language. I still can't get prboom to work.

Playstation is updated and not crashing now but Snes is weird in a sense that sounds get cut off. The crackly sound across the board is same as ever. Maybe there's something up with vsync and audio drivers.

I have more ideas but the idk about the Gameboy core. Going to test this on some other devices then maybe if it's useful to anyone could possibly toss up a beta release or something
    Thanks a lot. I don't know much about coding and building apps but would love to be able to help improve RetroArch. Can you give some steps or instructions on what is required and how to build/compile? Maybe we might end up learning and be able to contribute towards revitalizing this project. Did you use the latest cores and retroarch sources available? What device are you using? If you want help testing feel free to ask as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 03:37 PM
    I'd be more than happy to beta test on both a Z10 and Q10. I had fun helping Travis with Mupen 64. Also have a Moga controller to test with if we can figure why it disables touch input when paired...

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 05:54 PM
    Thanks a lot. I don't know much about coding and building apps but would love to be able to help improve RetroArch. Can you give some steps or instructions on what is required and how to build/compile? Maybe we might end up learning and be able to contribute towards revitalizing this project. Did you use the latest cores and retroarch sources available? What device are you using? If you want help testing feel free to ask as well.

Posted via CB10
    Idk much about it either and may even over complicate things but I started by downloading Momentics which is what I use entirely for building. Got the source of RetroArch (1002) from Justin's GitHub page, the bulk of the cores now from what I believe are the latest Libretro sources, and for the ones I couldn't build, got them from CatalystG's GitHub page.

From what I understand, the cores have a make file and come as a source for multiple operating systems, and in my case, I use a BlackBerry project file which then tells that make file what it needs to do and fetch in all the subdirectories to build for this OS.

The part where I probably over complicate things is that I copied that BlackBerry project file from one of the cores that CatalystG had prepared for building in Momentics; then I use that same file on all the cores using the same directory structure and just edit the names for the target core and make file in a text editor to match the core I'm building.

It's either an intuitive guess, or very a rookie move. Either way, a trial by fire but that's how I learn and it's amazing how much you may surprise yourself or pick up on if willing to give it a decent try.

Another thing to consider is from this post on, http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post10242936 which is something that I'd also done on my Mac to rid a crash on touch problem with release builds which was addressed in the linked post above. Idk what effect those changes would have on the building of other programs but let me know of your findings if you do try. Sometimes having a fresh set of eyes on it can really help. That's the way I see it, anyway

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 and claneyy like this.
    06-26-15 01:27 PM
    Retroarch just updated android version to 1.2 it's on play store, tweeted that BlackBerry version next week...

patmur2010 via BlackBerry Passport
    07-05-15 09:57 AM
    Retroarch just updated android version to 1.2 it's on play store, tweeted that BlackBerry version next week...

Wow! That's great news!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 10:22 AM

Crackly sound could be caused by screen refresh rate not being in sync with emulator refresh rate, there are supposed to be video settings which can be played with to adjust that unless this issue is different. I get Crackly sound from time to time on 1.0.2.96.

This is very useful to me. Can you toss up that beta release? I'd like to see how it runs on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 10:37 AM
    May want to try the new version released yesterday on android

07-05-15 11:00 AM

Nice one!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 11:02 AM
    It's about damn time! Hopefully a week doesn't become months.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 03:25 PM
    Does this need to be sideloaded?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 08:28 AM
    Does this need to be sideloaded?

Posted via CB10
    Yes.

Via Pasta CB10
    07-06-15 08:36 AM
    Crackly sound could be caused by screen refresh rate not being in sync with emulator refresh rate, there are supposed to be video settings which can be played with to adjust that unless this issue is different. I get Crackly sound from time to time on 1.0.2.96.

This is very useful to me. Can you toss up that beta release? I'd like to see how it runs on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what it seems like. Shutting off vsync makes the sound smooth but video choppy and vice versa. Clicking on the rate monitoring index will set it at whatever rate it's running at which can help.

I just started holidays and as usual got the flu haha. I should have time soonish to work on it.

Really nice if there's a new official being released native for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 12:34 PM
    Wouldn't get my hopes up too high though...they promised A LOT in the past and what happened - nothing.

Via Pasta CB10
    DurdenLunarius likes this.
    07-06-15 12:38 PM
    Here's the fabled 1.0.2.97 version that I've been working on for a while. Maybe just in time for some of your Saturday mornings.. So cheers! ,I mean

Pretty much just wanted to address a couple issues with the GB and Snes cores - think they're sorted out now and despite some setbacks, many projects on the go, here it is:

Please keep in mind that this version is all entirely rebuilt for OS 10.3.1, the cores and everything (too many nes ) - so you probably should be running OS 10.3.1 or higher to install

That being said, I have also tried it on 4 devices, some as fresh installs, and some as upgrades and due to some significant change, I had problems with installing over an older version. So maybe it's best to delete any version of RetroArch that you are replacing first, then do a clean side load install with this one Oh, and this is probably a beta so as usual, there are no guarantees that this will work for all of you as it is for me, but hopefully that new official lands soon! Note: I tested a Bluetooth controller and it worked in OS 10.3.2 but not in .1
    07-10-15 11:19 PM
    Here's the fabled 1.0.2.97 version that I've been working on for a while. Maybe just in time for some of your Saturday mornings.. So cheers! ,I mean

Pretty much just wanted to address a couple issues with the GB and Snes cores - think they're sorted out now and despite some setbacks, many projects on the go, here it is:

Please keep in mind that this version is all entirely rebuilt for OS 10.3.1, the cores and everything (too many nes ) - so you probably should be running OS 10.3.1 or higher to install

That being said, I have also tried it on 4 devices, some as fresh installs, and some as upgrades and due to some significant change, I had problems with installing over an older version. So maybe it's best to delete any version of RetroArch that you are replacing first, then do a clean side load install with this one Oh, and this is probably a beta so as usual, there are no guarantees that this will work for all of you as it is for me, but hopefully that new official lands soon! Note: I tested a Bluetooth controller and it worked in OS 10.3.2 but not in .1
    Thank you very much! The official RA1.2 coming soon?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 04:28 AM
    Thank you very much! The official RA1.2 coming soon?

Posted via CB10
    Don't think so. You should address this question towards the official RetroArch team anyway. Oh, and a thousand thanks to you Pcmx for keeping this alive <3!! Dosbox works, have to bind the right keys for it yet. Any chance you might add the ScummVM core ? May I ask, what files you use for Doom/Quake? Couldn't get those to run. Off to some fun now...

RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20150711_144539.png
    RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20150711_143411.png
    RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20150711_142943.png
    RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20150711_142619.png
    RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20150711_142343.png
    RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20150711_142107.png

Via Pasta CB10
    07-11-15 08:06 AM
    Glad you're enjoying it @tollfeeder. I suppose some of the cores are of questionable use. Dosbox can run exe, bat, or conf but seems to have no input. 4do probably has a compatibility list but ran at about half speed for me on the only game I own on my Passport. I tried prboom before and couldn't get it going but rebuilt it and included it anyway in in case somebody could find a way for it to work. Haven't tried the Quake one. We can maybe see about other cores later depending on if the official lands soon. This update was mainly to address some crashing in OS 10.3+

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 11:44 AM

Thanks much!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 03:24 PM
    Pcmx

Dude. Thank you so much. I've been following this thread for a while now.

Thanks for continuing to work for the blackberry users out there.

The Internet is really good at sounding complaints and ungratefulness. Not to say that is the case here.

But I hope you take great pride in the work you do.

Thanks again

Passport | Fido
    07-11-15 11:44 PM
    Thank you, everyone.

I'm humbled as I see it as working on other people's work, but am honored to have worked on as well as happy to have come a ways in learning about it and to have been able to build an app for BlackBerry! If I look back on the initial endeavor, the results have been accomplished and gratifying. I look forward to and understand perhaps to a lesser degree in terms of involvement, the hard work of those who make or support such great apps as this and the official in reports that we hopefully get to see soon. So thanks again and glad to have an opportunity to have such great communities that share and to have even helped, if a little

Posted via CB10
    chiefx13 likes this.
    07-12-15 02:20 AM
    I'll certainly be trying this out on my Z10-4 on 10.3.2.858. Definitely looking forward to seeing how the cores have improved over Justin's 1.0.2.8 with Moga controller support.

I've found a work-around for the touch input issue when the controller is paired. Pair the Moga to your device, open RA, turn off the controller to re-initiate touch input so you can choose the core and game, then turn the controller back on to re-connect. You then move the left analog stick down until you can hit A on the 'Play' button and it should be fine from there.

Otherwise you can pair and use the left stick as an almost mouse-type scroll input to go from the Emu/Rom/Input/Play buttons, but requires a little finesse...

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 12:24 PM
    So the only issue I have with 1.0.2.97 is the same issue I had with 1.0.2.9...the A and B buttons are mapped backward. The issue lies with the pairing/input-freeze with the Moga controller; you can't re-map the buttons because of it.

Still a great effort bud! New updates look great and no sound issue so far on Metroid Fusion.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 03:34 PM
616 ... 1920212223 ...