Wiimote on Z10, Snes, the way I want it. This rocks so hard[/QUOTE]

Did you have to do anything special to get the key-mappings to work?
    I globally configure them, but when I fire up the snes emulator, they get scrambled. And I couldn't figure out how to edit the mappings from the settings menu inside the emulator.
    11-20-14 12:26 AM
    Yes, I edited it to get it to work properly using developer tools and hopefully will share a new (version) that has working key mapping, snes save states, and gbc packaged .bar soon. It's not out yet.. Testing it on Z10 and Passport and I think you guys are going to like this

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 12:38 AM
    Awesome news, and great job! Get a Mega account and link us to the bar file. I have a phonejoy bluetooth gaming controller I'd love to test this with.
    11-20-14 12:56 AM
    Sideloaded it yesterday, so far so good.

Posted via the best phone evarrrrrr!
    11-20-14 01:01 AM
    Yes, I edited it to get it to work properly using developer tools and hopefully will share a new (version) that has working key mapping, snes save states, and gbc packaged .bar soon. It's not out yet.. Testing it on Z10 and Passport and I think you guys are going to like this

Posted via CB10
    Let us when when you're finished I had the old Cascades bar, it was running slow on some games so I downloaded the apk from Snap and now I have no input or overlays

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 02:50 AM

\m/(>.<)\m/

..Sent a release out for a few to check.
    11-20-14 10:38 AM
    Just an update: So far I've had a couple people volunteer to try it out. One on a Passport, and one on a Q10; both tests in keymapping came back negative.

My Passport maps its pkb keys 100% Wiimote too, working on both Passport and Z10; a usb keyboard, no.

If anyone is interested in testing, I have a pre-release that I can send a link to via pm. There are no guarantees that it will work for your device, but, if you do try it, and can list a bit about the phone and input device used, working or not, that might narrow some things down.

Thanks!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-20-14 04:48 PM
    How do you connect a wiimote to your BlackBerry 10 phone ?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 04:59 PM
    Try opening bluetooth, make sure it's on, then hold down both the 1 and 2 buttons on the Wii remote to make it discoverable. It might ask you for a pin (maybe 1111?) but it shouldn't and might ask if you trust it to connect. It should pair and turn green, the lights continue to flash, and as long as there isn't a -TR (newer motion plus) at the end of the name of the Wiimote, it should work in Retro.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-20-14 05:09 PM
    Code:
    else if (strstr(controller->id, "qwerty"))
       {
          controller->device = DEVICE_KEYPAD;
          strlcpy(controller->device_name, "BlackBerry Q Keypad", sizeof(controller->device_name));
       }
    Might have found the issue in the negative tests; Controller ID'd as "QWERTY" (perhaps defined in a header file). Confirmed another (US) keyboard Passport Device known to be working.

Anyway, now that I at least have an idea of what is going on..

For anyone rocking a QWERTY version (US) device; or if you want to try a BB10 recognized gamepad (Gamepad tester App in BB World works good); you may grab and test the .bar from here:

https://github.com/AampApps/RetroArc...tag/bb10-10292

Be sure to read the release notes.

I am proud to present these subtle changes but please keep in mind and remember all the hard work, dedication, devotion, and skill of all the others, here and elsewhere who made this project possible. I also want to thank all those who have volunteered their time to helping me identify and work out some issues

You'll need this in your Device dropdown for the built-in keyboard to work:

The program itself was made for a BB 10.2 environment. I have noticed some audio issues in 10.3 on Passport; many of which tend to resolve by highlighting and selecting this in the RetroArch Menu:

Thanks!

https://github.com/AampApps/RetroArch
    11-21-14 09:33 AM
    Keep up the great work!!
    Pcmx likes this.
    11-21-14 10:57 AM
    Your work is appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    Pcmx likes this.
    11-21-14 06:00 PM
    Well, just to report, I did try looking into some ideas as to why keypads other than qwerty couldn't be used. "qwerty:bb35" is all I could find for the device keypad, and if not then it becomes "unknown". The problem, I believe with unknown devices with this are that they map to on screen controls; which is great for unknown gamepads, but the bb keypad being a keyboard also throws a keyboard input in addition to a screen button input - may be cause for erratic controls.

A usb keyboard does the same, another unknown device. The quick fix is for y'all to go get pink Wiimotes like me to play with instead of worrying about the keypad ,.. otherwise I could spend a lot of time moving to another workstation, trying to setup the same build environment and trying to do something about it, figuring keycodes variations of a bb10 keypad - something that might not be too useful in the end if a new official release surfaces, which I am very much hopeful of (but felt like doing something about in the meantime). Besides that, now with the Passport and 10.3, there are too many cumulative issues with the Retro build that is currently in use; audio crackling, no saving of custom input, no full screen tho can be close to, multiple crashes on opening, and there are even things I can do within Rgui that cause a crash or even require a re-install of the program seeing as how the config file is buried.

This truly was a stop-gap edit-for-fun to a program that I very much admire and got what I wanted to achieve done but unfortunately opened a feature not much was known about in terms of it not having been working before that perhaps didn't take into account different keypads.

So, been thinking about maybe dropping in on the libretro forums to maybe make mention of this. Just as I don't have a non-qwerty device and would rely on others to test with (believe me, that would get tiring for both), they may not have a pkb device and who knows if this info might at least help.. Alls I know for now, is I'm happy just finally being able to map my buttons with the Wiimote. Nothing beats a gamepad for being able to use the d-pad in angles, something that without an 8-key directional configuration on the Passport's keypad is not doable with anyway.
    Mecca EL and Igoran69 like this.
    11-23-14 12:18 AM
    Code:
    else if (strstr(controller->id, "qwerty"))
       {
          controller->device = DEVICE_KEYPAD;
          strlcpy(controller->device_name, "BlackBerry Q Keypad", sizeof(controller->device_name));
       }
    Might have found the issue in the negative tests; Controller ID'd as "QWERTY" (perhaps defined in a header file). Confirmed another (US) keyboard Passport Device known to be working.

Anyway, now that I at least have an idea of what is going on..

For anyone rocking a QWERTY version (US) device; or if you want to try a BB10 recognized gamepad (Gamepad tester App in BB World works good); you may grab and test the .bar from here:

Be sure to read the release notes.

I am proud to present these subtle changes but please keep in mind and remember all the hard work, dedication, devotion, and skill of all the others, here and elsewhere who made this project possible. I also want to thank all those who have volunteered their time to helping me identify and work out some issues

You'll need this in your Device dropdown for the built-in keyboard to work:

https://db.tt/i0nvS30t

The program itself was made for a BB 10.2 environment. I have noticed some audio issues in 10.3 on Passport; many of which tend to resolve by highlighting and selecting this in the RetroArch Menu:

https://db.tt/UF6QPk2F

Thanks!

https://github.com/AampApps/RetroArch
    Where is the French keyboard love ? AZERTYian we are waiting for you !

Posted from my flawless BlackBerry Passport
    11-23-14 04:29 AM
    Your built is almost perfect, I tried GBC, SNES and GBA. I doubt that the official release (when it ever may come!) will feature proper keymapping functionality as the libretro team only has a Z10. Please don't give up and add QWERTZ and AZERTY support... I'm sure there will be a group of people who will be very thankful for this, me included.
    presean and Pcmx like this.
    11-24-14 10:38 AM
    Just sideloaded the new version with GBC package works great!!!!!!! Thanks! Keymapping works. At first it didn't but I figured out not to press set once I chose which keys to be what. (if that makes sense) lol. But on a Q10 everything so far works Welll from what I've notice

Posted via CB10 | Q10
    11-24-14 10:53 AM
    Looking forward to add the NDS core, thank you very much!

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 04:48 AM
    Yesterday and over the weekend, after what was initially a less-than-gratifying effort, another small step is being made.

It's actually substantial in the sense that up until now, all that could be done is add files, edit Cascades menus, and re-package; but hanks to a member here named royfe, and a detailed post how to custom configure developer build-release tools, I can now compile from source.

A couple of incomplete RA builds are being tested by CB members who have generously volunteered to test and so far it's looking like qwertz and azerty are possibly on the cusp of being supported. Here I thought I was only going to go as far as making it work for me! No guarantees yet but thank goodness for those with the devices willing to help!
    11-25-14 11:06 AM
    Thank you very much, do you know the RA government is still make it?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 06:40 PM
    Far as what I've read, there could be an official release coming to mobile platforms; including bb.

But in the meantime, I've got a pretty sweet fresh-built, unofficial beta on my phone right now. If it passes the keypad test on at least 2 devices, I'll make updates to the source, then maybe a file will surface..
    11-26-14 11:01 PM
    Thanks! Could you please add the Mupen 64 core to the RA? The mupen 64 plus 1.1.6.1 is not work well on OS 10.3.1.1154. Layout don't define.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 02:04 AM
    Thanks! Could you please add the Mupen 64 core to the RA? The mupen 64 plus 1.1.6.1 is not work well on OS 10.3.1.1154. Layout don't define.

Posted via CB10
    At this time, I'd say adding cores would have to be collaborative. I could package one in, but it would have to be supplied then tested. As it goes, it has been less than two weeks since this project was re-"opened" to see *if* anything could even be done and luckily so!

The roadmap or focus has been on the simple combining of the features of versions 1.0.2.8 and 1.0.2.9 and enabling such functionality as keymapping, as it was initially designed. Then seeing that our fellow azerty and qwertz bb users get the same out of their keypads after unintentionally leaving them out. .

Awakening these features on the program side of it has offered a tremendous amount of new usability of the app, to me, anyway and so I share.. however the amount of change to the program needed in enabling support for these already present features on my part has been incredibly small. Was still lots of work, don't get me wrong haha, but still baby steps
    11-27-14 07:15 AM
    OK, thank you very much for us to do it all!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 09:19 AM
    Can anyone point me in the direction of an apk for this app. I'm at work and can't side load right now but I've got a great longing to play some gba games

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 11:08 AM
    Can anyone point me in the direction of an apk for this app. I'm at work and can't side load right now but I've got a great longing to play some gba games

Posted via CB10
    Check post #312
    11-27-14 05:28 PM
614 ... 1112131415 ...