I built Retroarch from the latest source without Cascades. Mine looks like this:

Attachment 410067

But it's supposed to look like that:

Attachment 410068

It does run the games natively but the menu almost never goes away so it's unplayable, unless you like playing ghost games as the touch controls also work but the menu covers them too. You can just hear it working lol.

Posted via CB10
    You from a Z30 my friend? And can you make a native version with cascades? That would rock

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 07:24 AM
    You from a Z30 my friend? And can you make a native version with cascades? That would rock

Posted via CB10
    I'm happy to be using a Z30. I've tried on and off to build Retroarch from the official source for over a year and this is finally it running on my phone but I don't know enough.

I can only guess that the menu needs something telling it to size the text, make the black boxes which are buttons have images, close the menu when a game is running, and stuff. I think the iOS and Android folders contain these things as the qnx one is pretty empty in comparison. It asks to include a folder called assets but I had to add that so there's nothing in it. I could be way off.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 01:50 PM
    I'm happy to be using a Z30. I've tried on and off to build Retroarch from the official source for over a year and this is finally it running on my phone but I don't know enough.

I can only guess that the menu needs something telling it to size the text, make the black boxes which are buttons have images, close the menu when a game is running, and stuff. I think the iOS and Android folders contain these things as the qnx one is pretty empty in comparison. It asks to include a folder called assets but I had to add that so there's nothing in it. I could be way off.

Posted via CB10
    And i am happy using a Q10 and a Z10, on topic, to make a New version of retro Arch on bb10 we have to bring developers, something that is very rare these days on bb10, but i'm pretty sure than your job can serve as a beggining to make a New version My friend, the names that come in mind are nemory and cobalt, but if someone know this for sure is @B1aze, the only thing that needs to be fixed in our actual build of retroarch is, in My personal opinion, joystick gamepad compatibility, those arent recognized in My devices on latest build, as for the Design department, i do like Best the actual bb10 retroarch Design, the Android actual retroarch Design is pretty ugly, but is not about the looks, its about the functions, and in that department the current bb10 version performs honorably, at least in pcsx rearme, i think if a little group of developers help you building retroarch, we can have an excellent retroarch with few-to-no flaws, by the way thanks for your efforts, very apreciated

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 02:17 PM
    So I just got an old android device back to play with and installed ra from the play store and for a brief moment, on the first start, it looked just like the one I managed to run on my z30. If I could have read what it was loading that might have helped me know what it did to go from the small plain looking text to the menu with proper looking images and stuff
    10-17-16 12:32 AM
    I found the assets, just Google searched them, durr. They show up now but are microscopic! Switched to rgui since idk how to make them bigger but the menu still doesn't go away when running a game. Can hear it and press the controls but only the menu shows.

RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20161018_211632.png
    RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20161019_082552.png

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 08:42 AM
    I found the assets, just Google searched them, durr. They show up now but are microscopic! Switched to rgui since idk how to make them bigger but the menu still doesn't go away when running a game. Can hear it and press the controls but only the menu shows.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161018_211632.png 
Views:	437 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	410255
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161019_082552.png 
Views:	438 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	410256

Posted via CB10
    There should be a font size variable in the source that you can increase. You may be using the wrong size assets as well. It looks like your assets are meant for tablets.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 08:37 PM
    There should be a font size variable in the source that you can increase. You may be using the wrong size assets as well. It looks like your assets are meant for tablets.

Posted via CB10
    It appears it is running at device resolution which looks to be too high making everything appear small and editing the config isn't changing that or allowing the menu to go away. Maybe the font, assets, and touch targets are supposed to be resized somehow. Oh well..

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 11:21 PM
    You should probably reach out to the RA team via their IRC channel. They have always said they needed help with the BlackBerry builds when I asked for the status there.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 08:28 AM
    It appears it is running at device resolution which looks to be too high making everything appear small and editing the config isn't changing that or allowing the menu to go away. Maybe the font, assets, and touch targets are supposed to be resized somehow. Oh well..

Posted via CB10
    Try setting the device resolution manually

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 03:46 PM
    Just saying thanks PCMX! Keep it up and someday you might be a top developer! Maybe if I might try to help once I get some time. Unfortunately there are so many other things that I find myself tinkering with these days though. I think you're almost there though, but I guess you're learning the hard way - by trial and error! Are you using the BlackBerry QNX and the Android development kits and their respective emulators on your PC as well?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-16 08:47 AM
    Just saying thanks PCMX! Keep it up and someday you might be a top developer! Maybe if I might try to help once I get some time. Unfortunately there are so many other things that I find myself tinkering with these days though. I think you're almost there though, but I guess you're learning the hard way - by trial and error! Are you using the BlackBerry QNX and the Android development kits and their respective emulators on your PC as well?

Posted via CB10
    I find myself tinkering with too much also. I really want to make a retro style game which I'm working on: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=58043.0

I just use Momentics to build and in this case here what's already been created by the Libretro Team or others who have committed to RetroArch. I just run it on a BB10 phone. The Android developing thing looks interesting too
    10-24-16 08:43 AM
    I find myself tinkering with too much also. I really want to make a retro style game which I'm working on: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=58043.0

I just use Momentics to build and in this case here what's already been created by the Libretro Team or others who have committed to RetroArch. I just run it on a BB10 phone. The Android developing thing looks interesting too
    Thanks for your work dude, be patient, and keep triying, I Will start studying Electronic Enginering next year hopefully, so I want My first apps to be developed on BB10, let's see if I can help you soon

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 03:25 PM
    So I just got an old android device back to play with and installed ra from the play store and for a brief moment, on the first start, it looked just like the one I managed to run on my z30. If I could have read what it was loading that might have helped me know what it did to go from the small plain looking text to the menu with proper looking images and stuff
    Have you tried downloading the source of the Android and iOS versions and examining the code and attempting to spot the similarities or differences? That might help you to be able to understand the differences in the syntax between QNX, iOS and Android. You can probably try debugging the working Android version side by side with the QNX version and see what is different about it.

As an alternative, maybe you can try reverting the interface to the old Cascades GUI code that works to some extent while keeping some of the new stuff under the hood like the cores and stuff.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 09:19 AM
    Have you tried downloading the source of the Android and iOS versions and examining the code and attempting to spot the similarities or differences? That might help you to be able to understand the differences in the syntax between QNX, iOS and Android. You can probably try debugging the working Android version side by side with the QNX version and see what is different about it.

As an alternative, maybe you can try reverting the interface to the old Cascades GUI code that works to some extent while keeping some of the new stuff under the hood like the cores and stuff.

Posted via CB10
    I tried building with the existing cascades stuff but got an error saying there were missing files from Momentics. I had modified my Momentics to make the cascades one so maybe it's causing problems now lol.

The source is all in one for all I know. I'm on Android now and thought about building an Android version some day. If anything correlated to the BB10 one I'd build it too but currently I'm not building anything so time will tell.
    11-06-16 11:30 AM
614 ... 232425