Great to hear. Guess I gonna try some Abe’s Oddysee . Really starting to think BlackBerry removed the Q5's CPU limit at some point, at least software like this shows 1.5 GHz https://github.com/thurask/bbdownloader
    I guess I didn't fully realize, you are on a Q5 too? So to compare in Yoshi's Island audio does get a bit crackly like when you go down in a pipe to a cave and there's lots coins and waterfall graphics and stuff. Playstation has been pretty tight though and GBA is pretty much unplayable, well, to me on the one game I've tried. I'd really like to update to 10.3 but will probably hold out for an official 10.3.2. which means no going back and just hoping for about the same performance

On a side note, it would be cool if they lifted the underclock limitation on 10.3 and I got even better performance The q5 is a pretty sweet value already but add RA and it's the most pocketable multi gaming system I've ever had!
    Last edited by Pcmx; 06-03-15 at 10:23 AM. Reason: added things
    06-03-15 10:19 AM
    I guess I didn't fully realize, you are on a Q5 too? So to compare in Yoshi's Island audio does get a bit crackly like when you go down in a pipe to a cave and there's lots coins and waterfall graphics and stuff. Playstation has been pretty tight though and GBA is pretty much unplayable, well, to me on the one game I've tried. I'd really like to update to 10.3 but will probably hold out for an official 10.3.2. which means no going back and just hoping for about the same performance

On a side note, it would be cool if they lifted the underclock limitation on 10.3 and I got even better performance The q5 is a pretty sweet value already but add RA and it's the most pocketable multi gaming system I've ever had!

Yep, Q5. It's in my profile, should have mentioned it though. What I did was to try Yoshi's Island on SNES which is flawless for me, Yoshi's Island on GBA on the other hand is nearly unplayable and SMB3 on GBA I could play through to the very end. Almost every system I tried within RetroArch is full speed with sound. This is on 10.3.2. btw.

Doesn't every Q5 owner fall in love with their device?

Via Pasta CB10
    Pcmx likes this.
    06-03-15 10:46 AM
    Just unlocked it yesterday and don't think I've been using it a full day yet and yea, totally digging it

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 11:08 AM
    I've just updated to os. 680 and Retroarch won't start!
    Anyone else?
    06-04-15 08:46 AM
    I've just updated to os. 680 and Retroarch won't start!
    Anyone else?
    Runs fine here. Did you try a few times? It tends to crash during start.

Via Pasta CB10
    06-04-15 09:10 AM
    Runs fine here. Did you try a few times? It tends to crash during start.

Via Pasta CB10
    Yep, tried resetting Passport aswell, nada.
    Keeps crashing,
    Am using current version, 1_0_2_10.
    06-04-15 09:25 AM
    Yep, tried resetting Passport aswell, nada.
    Keeps crashing,
    Am using current version, 1_0_2_10.
    That's not the current version http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11155288
    06-04-15 09:30 AM
    Erm.. latest.. not sure where I got that from!
    Link bookmarked.
    All up n running again..
    Thanks!

RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20150604_154505.jpg
    06-04-15 09:42 AM
    Erm.. latest.. not sure where I got that from!
    Link bookmarked.
    All up n running again..
    Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150604_154505.jpg 
Views:	1217 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	355989
    I think another dev made a version to meet some preferences to the Passport. They called theirs 10 in succession to 9 but I went with 9X on the numbering scheme. I tried a lot to make a version .97 but was unable to add any extra functionality. Glad to hear that .96 is still working tho

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 03:53 PM
    Couldn't wait for official 10.3.2 so I updated my Q5 to latest available 10.3.1 and performance in RetroArch has IMPROVED. Enhanced resolution mode can now be used in PSX with some slight occasional slow downs but the GBA core still has grainy sound and general slowness. Not bad seeing as I was worried about updating the os!
    tollfeeder likes this.
    06-09-15 08:10 AM
    GBA core don't work, looking forward to fix up.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 03:05 AM
    GBA core don't work, looking forward to fix up.

Posted via CB10
    It does work fine for me.
    06-15-15 05:02 AM
    RetroArch needs memcards mcr/mcd and sav file support.
    06-15-15 05:03 AM
    RetroArch needs memcards mcr/mcd and sav file support.
    Try to rename mcr to srm(on device). For converting sav use this Save Converter
    Pcmx likes this.
    06-15-15 05:14 AM
    The only app to support L2/R2 and L3 and R3 is Mupen64+BB as updated by TravisRedpath. Current version sits at 1.1.7.9 I believe.

And EchoesFX is right; 10.3.0 is the best OS to use right now for a Moga controller to avoid the touch inputs freezing. I believe he said SteelSeries works fine though.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 12:09 AM
    The latest native keeps crashing on my Passport. Will work fine on a fresh install but if I change any options (like the controls) and save them then it just closes any time I try opening it again.
    06-21-15 03:22 AM
    The latest native keeps crashing on my Passport. Will work fine on a fresh install but if I change any options (like the controls) and save them then it just closes any time I try opening it again.
    Which version exactly? Because it works for others. What OS are you on? https://github.com/AampApps/RetroArch/releases/
    06-21-15 06:59 AM
    Hadn't seen this thread yet. I love RetroArch!

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my Q10 doesn't support it.
    06-21-15 11:23 AM
    Which version exactly? Because it works for others. What OS are you on? https://github.com/AampApps/RetroArch/releases/

The latest.
    06-21-15 12:05 PM
    The controls can't be saved from within Cascades, are you trying to change them after loading a game? for me, it crashes 2 out of 10 times consistently when opening on any version of 10.3.0/10.3.1 and will crash if trying to load any PlayStation game from the device memory, not sd. Unless something has changed in 10.3.2 on Passport
    06-21-15 03:27 PM
    I think the bios in the system path has to be on the sd for some reason or it'll crash, I can't remember, also try not hitting save after changing any settings as I'm no developer but from what I gathered when looking at stuff in the program, that part appeared unfinished and as far as I could tell and those save buttons did nothing but display a message.. I think everything except the controls are saved automatically.
    06-21-15 03:34 PM
    I think the bios in the system path has to be on the sd for some reason or it'll crash, I can't remember, also try not hitting save after changing any settings as I'm no developer but from what I gathered when looking at stuff in the program, that part appeared unfinished and as far as I could tell and those save buttons did nothing but display a message.. I think everything except the controls are saved automatically.
    Honestly, I never had any luck concerning PSX roms. I tried again with everything on the SD card and still keeps crashing. But I finally managed to give Cave Story a go and it's really a fun little game as well.
    06-22-15 06:57 AM
    Honestly, I never had any luck concerning PSX roms. I tried again with everything on the SD card and still keeps crashing. But I finally managed to give Cave Story a go and it's really a fun little game as well.
    Mine stopped working on my Q5 too. I had to restart the phone then it worked again.

Anyone have any word on an official?

Posted via 3GS
    tollfeeder likes this.
    06-24-15 08:16 AM
    Mine stopped working on my Q5 too. I had to restart the phone then it worked again.

Anyone have any word on an official?

Posted via 3GS
    Restart fixed it . Thanks! So many games to play...

Via Pasta CB10
    Pcmx likes this.
    06-24-15 08:33 AM
    Stayed up late playing with some ideas as I don't like how RetroArch crashes so rebuilt it using the 10.3.1 API. Then had to rebuild cores to go with it. I have not had a single crash now on opening and have run it hundreds of times.

I may be one of very few people playing Vectrex on a BlackBerry right now

3do and Dos are other things I like. I actually picked up a FZ-10 console not too long ago and really own that Sailor Moon game, no joke! I got them going but 3do is quite slow and there's no keyboard for Dos. I think I may have told the program that the BlackBerry keypad is a game controller! I wonder if a Z keyboard would work?

Fba (arcade) is not built. I don't really know what it is to build it hehe. Gameboy is crippled.. It disables the menu button and has problems with saved games. Still runs.. One thing I see different is maybe it's in another programming language. I still can't get prboom to work.

Playstation is updated and not crashing now but Snes is weird in a sense that sounds get cut off. The crackly sound across the board is same as ever. Maybe there's something up with vsync and audio drivers.

I have more ideas but the idk about the Gameboy core. Going to test this on some other devices then maybe if it's useful to anyone could possibly toss up a beta release or something
    06-25-15 02:27 PM
614 ... 1819202122 ...