...like 1.0.2.96 but with the button layouts of 1.0.2.9
    1.0.2.94, as long as it works with your keypad has the older control layout. I just changed it in .96 because games like Super Mario World or Donkey Kong have a lot of running and jumping in them and the Passport keypad has limitations in # of buttons that can be held down and pressed simultaneously. M to Enter and L to Backspace are an exemption and allow for one extra key to be pressed in a row in this situation. The remapping on every opening of the app is a deterrent and I never found a solution to it. A lot of people prefer 1.0.2.94 for this reason, for the default (Q10) controls.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 09:15 PM
    Is the final version about 1.0.2.96 ? The core of the game will be updated? I really hope you can add the NDS core,the BB10 doesn't have a good NDS simulator,and the drasticDS don't play.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 11:34 PM
    nds not retro enough

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    04-03-15 12:08 AM
    nds not retro enough

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    How does this version of emulators support gamepads you?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 08:50 AM
    How can I actually input?

I have the latest OS on my Blackberry Q10 (10.3...) and installed the latest nightly Android build of RetroArch. However...

...I connected my Wii Remote to the Blackberry Q10 just fine, complete with recognition. However, RetroArch does not want to recognise the Wii Remote.
    ...RetroArch does not seem to want to recognise the keyboard, whether detecting the keys on custom binds or detecting the keyboard inputs after putting them manually from the selection menu.
    04-13-15 12:25 PM
    How can I actually input?

I have the latest OS on my Blackberry Q10 (10.3...) and installed the latest nightly Android build of RetroArch. However...

...I connected my Wii Remote to the Blackberry Q10 just fine, complete with recognition. However, RetroArch does not want to recognise the Wii Remote.
    ...RetroArch does not seem to want to recognise the keyboard, whether detecting the keys on custom binds or detecting the keyboard inputs after putting them manually from the selection menu.
    Get the native version...

Via Pasta CB10
    04-13-15 01:10 PM
    Edit: was having trouble with new Z30 and gamepads.. it crashed then rebooted and all was fine
    Last edited by Pcmx; 04-30-15 at 01:35 AM.
    04-30-15 01:02 AM
    Which is the latest version? I downloaded the one in the first post

CB10 - Q10
    05-01-15 12:49 AM
    Which is the latest version? I downloaded the one in the first post

CB10 - Q10
    https://github.com/AampApps/RetroArch/releases/

Via Pasta CB10
    moegh likes this.
    05-01-15 03:14 AM
    How do you fix the stretched on-screen inputs in BlackBerry Passport? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    05-01-15 08:07 AM
    If you mean how they're only on the bottom half of the screen, even though it shouldn't matter on the Passport, select Landscape mode to get the control overlay to at least fill the screen..

RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20150501_135050.png
    RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20150501_134653.png

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-01-15 01:54 PM
    They're still stretched looking tho I think maybe because they were made for the z10 or with a candybar shaped phone in mind..

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 01:57 PM
    How do you fix the stretched on-screen inputs in BlackBerry Passport? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Out of curiosity, why do you want to use the touchsreen inputs when you can use the Passport keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 06:09 AM
    Is there a chance to add memcards system? *.mcr or *.mcd files.
    05-05-15 02:13 PM
    Is there a chance to add memcards system? *.mcr or *.mcd files.
    RetroArch is using *.srm for save files.. Maybe try renaming the extension? I really don't know though.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 11:11 PM
    I know it might be answered already but there's over two dozen pages. I have a shop BlackBerry Z30 with native pre installed from factory 10.3.1 on it.

Which emulator works flawless on it with a Moga game pad that is compatible with L2 / R2? Thank you.

Really want to play some Crash Team Racing and Silent Hill. And if it can handle it, then Goldeneye too.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 09:10 PM
    I know it might be answered already but there's over two dozen pages. I have a shop BlackBerry Z30 with native pre installed from factory 10.3.1 on it.

Which emulator works flawless on it with a Moga game pad that is compatible with L2 / R2? Thank you.

Really want to play some Crash Team Racing and Silent Hill. And if it can handle it, then Goldeneye too.

Posted via CB10
    It has been mentioned by several CrackBerry members that the Moga controller is supposed to be working with Mupen64+-BB, PPSSPP and RetroArch. Not sure about PS1 games though but the N64-Goldeneye should work.

Via Pasta CB10
    05-25-15 06:21 AM
    Any word on whether the Devs are going to continue to toil away on our behalf??

I'd still love to see a native version with some smoothing in the keyboard controls for the Passport.

...and then of course for the slider version.

Passport | Fido
    05-25-15 07:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Using the MOGA controller in HID mode on devices running 10.3.1 causes Cascades apps, Hub, and a few other things to ignore touch input. That's going to pose a problem for a lot of apps including RA. BlackBerry finally acknowledged the issue and let me know they assigned someone to investigate the problem, but for now expect issues unless you feel like rolling back to an earlier OS like 10.3.0.

You may also be disappointed to hear the latest in my experience, even when the MOGA did work properly with BB10, RA and other apps never did support the L2/R2 buttons.

Posted via CB10
    Pcmx likes this.
    05-28-15 08:06 PM
    So, if I want to use a Moga game pad, have access to all the buttons and play emulators on my Z30 on 10.3.1, what's my best option? Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 08:48 AM
    Anyone else running this on a Q5? I was worried it might be a little underspec'd but it's like the tiniest snes, psx, nes/gb with keypad controls I've ever played and it plays those systems pretty flawlessly

It stumbles a bit on GBA but that's no big deal..

I'm on 10.2 out of the box with it tho and wonder if anyone has a report on how it's working on Q510.3.X. Reason I ask is that Z30 and Passport can actually be a little stuttering and crash sometimes on opening with OS 10.3 :|

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 07:28 PM
    Anyone else running this on a Q5? I was worried it might be a little underspec'd but it's like the tiniest snes, psx, nes/gb with keypad controls I've ever played and it plays those systems pretty flawlessly

It stumbles a bit on GBA but that's no big deal..

I'm on 10.2 out of the box with it tho and wonder if anyone has a report on how it's working on Q510.3.X. Reason I ask is that Z30 and Passport can actually be a little stuttering and crash sometimes on opening with OS 10.3 :|

Posted via CB10
    I've only used RetroArch since 10.3.1. and it works great. Yes, it crashes on startup from time to time but I can live with that. Played through the first levels of SMB3 once again and I'm not aware of any stuttering. Is PSX support really that good?

Edit: Ok, tried again. Mario stutters in some frenzy situations, Yoshi's Island is worse. I guess it depends on the game. But I prefer the original NES/SNES over the GBA ports anyway - better graphics, sound and perfomance. Even own a GBA for that.

Via Pasta CB10
    Attachment 355819
    Last edited by tollfeeder; 06-03-15 at 09:45 AM.
    Pcmx likes this.
    06-03-15 04:34 AM
    Is PSX support really that good?
    Incredibly impressive actually, on the Q5. I was surprised to see this as I had some performance issues with psx on the Z30 / 10.3.1 that I chalked up to it just being not as powerful as the Passport (although Z30 and Passport can do the high resolution setting at full speed which the Q5 slows down with but is not all as beneficial to the Q5s small res screen anyway). The Z30 will run smooth as silk too but just got bad periodic performance (Passport too) like something was throttling the system and have had general visual choppiness in the UI of the OS even.. I tried airplane mode and oddly even battery saving mode set on which made it run better even though it's limiting the cpu to an extent..

It's just a nice surprise to see the Q5 with its underclocked speed do so well with the systems I use most since I've tried emulators on computers that had "higher" clock rates and not had as good, solid playable performance as this

I do suspect 10.2 has a hand in it and I'd be interested to hear how the Q5 on 10.3 is doing as I think maybe that the newer os is using more variable cpu or battery saving tech/settings and junk. Even the Passport had audio crackling issues for me and a couple others on un-intensive things such as the Gameboy emulator that I found would subside if the frame or refresh rate was set lower.. iirc the RetroArch team had wrote somewhere that a replacement audio driver was slated or in the works for improvement........
    06-03-15 07:51 AM
    So, if I want to use a Moga game pad, have access to all the buttons and play emulators on my Z30 on 10.3.1, what's my best option? Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Be aware, Moga on 10.3.1 and 10.3.2; will freeze your hub and bbm anytime it's connected.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    EchoesFX likes this.
    06-03-15 09:18 AM
    Incredibly impressive actually, on the Q5.
    Great to hear. Guess I gonna try some Abe�s Oddysee . Really starting to think BlackBerry removed the Q5's CPU limit at some point, at least software like this shows 1.5 GHz https://github.com/thurask/bbdownloader
    06-03-15 09:53 AM
614 ... 1718192021 ...