I've read some other blogs about 1.1 and it shows some really great features. I would love to see what the RA dev team can bring to BB. Patience is easier to come by with what I have from here and from other cool, engaging devs' apps out there. Reminds me to go and leave some reviews in BBWorld now.
    Are you aware of the nightly builds? I just tested their implementation of ppsspp, in RetroArch... and I'm sticking with xsacha's build of ppsspp. Cool features have been added, and I'm about to see how my game controller works with these alpha builds. Here's the main link: buildbot.libretro.com/

Maybe you can work your magic on a port for us.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-06-15 06:06 PM
    Are you aware of the nightly builds? I just tested their implementation of ppsspp, in RetroArch...
    Sort of aware of it but I didn't see anything for BlackBerry. Which one did you test? Was it Android?
    01-07-15 08:10 AM
    I guess it is android's, but I don't like android's RA.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 08:57 AM
    Sort of aware of it but I didn't see anything for BlackBerry. Which one did you test? Was it Android?
    Been testing it on my tablet and OnePlus One device. The UI is plain, compared to the one you've ported, but being able to select games and it auto selects the emulator is great. You don't have to install the full package either. Just the emulators you use most..

01-07-15 09:28 AM
    Like this...

Attached Thumbnails RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-785417.jpg   RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-785418.jpg   RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-785419.jpg  
    01-07-15 09:30 AM
    I prefer to built native RA, why don't have the full version RA for BB?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 09:56 AM
    Been testing it on my tablet and OnePlus One device. The UI is plain, compared to the one you've ported, but being able to select games and it auto selects the emulator is great. You don't have to install the full package either. Just the emulators you use most..

Sweet. I didn't port it tho. I grabbed the source from Justin's GitHub and made the adjustments, like with adding Gameboy back in and the keyboard controls sorta thing.

I prefer to built native RA, why don't have the full version RA for BB?
    Yea, I found the Android one to be choppy on my Passport. That's why I wanted this one to work so badly, but I guess new cores would need to be built for QNX somehow. The one here had all the files necessary for building for BlackBerry already; I ripped the cores out of Justin's 10.0.2.9 and 10.2.0.8 (Gameboy) .bar files then packaged them in with the changes to the frontend codes as guessed by myself and later assisted by Travis (current version here 1.0.2.96) but someone would need to develop a version with the higher code commits or whatever.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-07-15 11:47 AM
    Where can i find some games for this? Thanks
    01-08-15 07:31 AM
    If I understand your question..

Just copy ordinary game roms onto your phone and open them with RA

Passport || Fido
    01-08-15 10:38 PM
    Does anyone play PC-Engine / TurboGrafx 16 Super CD-ROMs on 1_0_2_9 or 1_0_2_9_6? I used to have them working on 1_0_2_9 when I was on 10.2.1 and I think one of the early 10.3.0 leaks as well. At first it used to give some trouble to setup the paths and would crash as soon as I tried to load a PCE Bin/cue image. Once it's setup though it used to work fine. Now I'm unable to run those games no matter what I try on both versions of the emu listed above. I tried it on a Q10 running 10.3.0.1418 and also a Passport running the same OS and it's not working. Same thing happens on my Z10 running 10.3.1.1154. Any suggestions? Lastly thanks for the new version. Passport keyboard mapping works great!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 06:34 PM
    Does anyone know if the latest build will work with the Playbook?

Thanks
    01-14-15 09:05 AM
    Hey there,

I was thinking of getting a bluetooth controller for RetroArch running on my passport.

Any suggestions?? Looking for advice for compatibility, and perhaps versatility as I'm hoping to play some Goldeneye.

Also, anyone try using two controllers at the same time? There are a few games I want to play with my gal.

Thanks guys for any advice, I just want to try keeping costs down trying/returning different controllers.

Passport || Fido
    01-23-15 12:53 PM
    Xbox360 Wireless Controllers, Logitech RumblePad2 Controllers, Nintendo Wii Remotes. Two work fine simultaneously.

Posted via CB10
    chiefx13 likes this.
    01-23-15 01:54 PM
    Xbox360 Wireless Controllers, Logitech RumblePad2 Controllers, Nintendo Wii Remotes. Two work fine simultaneously.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks very much!

Passport || Fido
    01-23-15 07:23 PM
    I need the Q10's keyboard to work with this

Posted via Q10
    01-23-15 09:23 PM
    Follow-up

Does anyone know if the WiiU Pro controller works?

Also, with the xbox360 controllers, do they each connect through the wireless dongle that the wireless controllers come with?

I'm trying to avoid the buy / return thing.

Passport || Fido
    01-24-15 08:18 PM
    Didn't work, for me.
    01-25-15 06:45 PM
    Follow-up

Also, with the xbox360 controllers, do they each connect through the wireless dongle that the wireless controllers come with?

Passport || Fido
    Thanks man. Still trying to narrow things down.

Passport || Fido
    01-25-15 10:34 PM
    Hey there,

I was thinking of getting a bluetooth controller for RetroArch running on my passport.

Any suggestions?? Looking for advice for compatibility, and perhaps versatility as I'm hoping to play some Goldeneye.

Also, anyone try using two controllers at the same time? There are a few games I want to play with my gal.

Thanks guys for any advice, I just want to try keeping costs down trying/returning different controllers.

Passport || Fido

I'm using a MogaPro Power for my Z30. Works nicely. Got my controller for $40 if that helps any.
    01-26-15 03:22 AM
    What about picodrive? Not only is picodrive supposed to run better on more technologically-compromised devices, but picodrive also has 32X support.
    01-29-15 12:12 PM
    Follow-up

Passport || Fido
    According to someone I know, the wireless Xbox360 controllers work fine using the Xbox360 wireless receiver for Windows. 2 working with 1 receiver.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 09:22 PM
    Excuse me Blackberry official version is there in the update? Why always even the test version are not?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 12:36 AM
    Does anyone know if the latest build will work with the Blackberry Playbook? What is the latest working build for the playbook? Is it still V 0.9.9 from 2013?

Thanks
    02-14-15 08:58 AM
    If they will even release another official build. As it stands, Squarepusher got a free phone from someone and still hasn't delivered anything. I'd like to hope that he will at least fix up the PlayBook version and add Steelseries / iCade support but it's looking grim.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 09:57 AM
    Looking forward to the official version upgrade! Long long long time ��

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 04:25 AM
614 ... 1415161718 ...