By the way, did anyone get Doom or Doom 2 running? Although I have all necessary WAD files in one folder PrBoom crashes.

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 08:22 AM

This release accommodates keypads beyond that of standard qwerty, azerty, and qwertz. Basically, some keypads still weren't working and this update addresses that. Thanks to travisredpath for providing the necessary code. More info in the link above!

Note: The default keybinds have changed. It's setup like a Snes with a symmetrical d-pad in all ways using w a x d, on a Passport qwerty keypad,.. as well as other changes.. sorry! and it's using enter and backspace buttons as they aren't as effected by the 'amount of buttons that will register as being pressed at the same time' limitation that I've rambled on in previous posts somewhere. You can still map your keys to your preference but it must be done each time the app is restarted.
    12-11-14 10:20 PM
    Tested it on AZERTY and it set QWERTY mapping by default!

Posted from my flawless BlackBerry Passport
    12-12-14 05:50 AM
    There is only one default keypad keybind.

As far as I know, it's always been a qwerty keybind.

It looks like this version as it stands requires a default keybind which it calls for every time it starts up.

It looks like newer if eventual official versions will probably not need a keybind.

One month ago, with Passport in hand, I couldn't change any of the keys except for "B". I had waited for the September release, the October release, the mid November release; finally decided I appreciate the time it takes to make a good quality program, I envy those who can make stuff like this, and I commend everyone who is working on this great app, including taking any extra precautions.

Like check this out, I even made a terrible overlay hack with holes cut where the buttons are for my Z10 before just so I could have 'some' sort of tactile feel, that's how bad I wanted buttons lol. Then bought a Wiimote for $20 and still couldn't map anything!

So, I thought, what if I could take a lotta bit of time, to make a little bit of change, while leaving all the existing features intact to the already awesome version that we have here from the OP and all who worked on before, so that in the meantime we can at least map our keys, then with help, extend that compatibility to the world, to whoever wants it, and that for my level of experience in pseudo programming, is more than I'd like to admit I've ever dreamed of.

I'm considering this a version that can be used in the intern. I'm optimistic in version 1.0.0.4 or 1.1 in all its anticipated features. But I feel we've at least come a small ways, in that I can run and jump, jump and shoot, save states in Snes, play Game Boy, and do it all with the keys that work best for me; being able to make changes to button mapping between cores / systems even! ...Just with different devices out there, and program the way it is now, it's gotta be mapped every time. Hope it's understandable.

Cheers,
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-12-14 08:01 AM
    By the way, did anyone get Doom or Doom 2 running? Although I have all necessary WAD files in one folder PrBoom crashes.
    Tried prboom.wad in the same folder as the rom, lowercase names on all .wads, even set prboom.wad as the bios / system directory and no dice!
    12-12-14 10:57 AM
    I still cannot map any keys on my Passport (Qwerty) or my Moga 2 HID. The buttons work as default, but I cannot map them at all.
    12-12-14 11:46 AM
    Excuse me, do you know the NDS core could running on the BB10? The android's drastic emulator don't work on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 12:04 PM
    Excuse me, do you know the NDS core could running on the BB10? The android's drastic emulator don't work on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    I'm waiting for that one too. In the meanwhile I'm using NDS4DROID

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 12:08 PM
    I still cannot map any keys on my Passport (Qwerty) or my Moga 2 HID. The buttons work as default, but I cannot map them at all.
    Maybe you tried, but for the keypad to work set it to BlackBerry Q , then map the keys and do not hit rescan or set after, just go back to main menu, select core and game.

12-12-14 01:06 PM
    It seems to be working after I restarted the device a few times. Thanks.,
    12-12-14 03:14 PM
    Tried prboom.wad in the same folder as the rom, lowercase names on all .wads, even set prboom.wad as the bios / system directory and no dice!
    Thanks for trying just wanted to make sure I didn't do something wrong. ^^

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 06:02 AM
    @libretro: Putting out some 'what's new' articles over the upcoming days while I (FINALLY) get a goddamn release out in time for Christmas.

https://twitter.com/libretro/status/543490348404998145

Looks like the official version of Retroarch will be here by Christmas.

Posted via CB10
    patmur2010 likes this.
    12-17-14 12:17 PM
    @libretro: Putting out some 'what's new' articles over the upcoming days while I (FINALLY) get a goddamn release out in time for Christmas.

Posted via CB10
    I won't get my hopes up until BlackBerry download links are live. They don't have a good track record so far.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and EchoesFX like this.
    12-17-14 08:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    In what thread did you see official? It's just an update, nothing more

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 11:47 PM
    Only just update about the official version ? No more cores joining? I waited September, waited October, waited November, and I waiting December, I hope to officially RA will not depressing.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 01:40 AM
    In what thread did you see official? It's just an update, nothing more

Posted via CB10
    Libretro is the official Twitter account for the Retroarch devs. By official I meant a release from the actual Retroarch team.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 07:59 AM
    What they are getting at is that nowhere in that tweet did it indicate that Libretro was including BlackBerry 10 on that update. Don't hold your breath, it will only make you pass out from lack of oxygen.

Traveling the world on my Passport!
    12-18-14 04:29 PM
    Just wanted to report that RetroArch is even better on the BlackBerry Classic Wooohooooo ^^

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    12-19-14 07:44 AM
    Libretro is the official Twitter account for the Retroarch devs. By official I meant a release from the actual Retroarch team.

Posted via CB10
    What for? The code is essentially the same. There is no real need for an "official" version because it won't be much different. They don't use any secret sauce. The version above works awesome by the way and as opposed to Libretro it's being improved continuously.
    12-19-14 08:04 AM
    What for? The code is essentially the same. There is no real need for an "official" version because it won't be much different. They don't use any secret sauce. The version above works awesome by the way and as opposed to Libretro it's being improved continuously.
    I was under the impression the version above was not using the latest code from Libretro github, but using CatalystG's old fork from a year ago. Is that not the case? If so my mistake.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 12:46 PM
    Yes it's behind a lot of commits but ahead in a few aspects. There are several other emulators out there for various systems if you need a more recent one.

CB10 App
    12-19-14 02:04 PM
    What they are getting at is that nowhere in that tweet did it indicate that Libretro was including BlackBerry 10 on that update. Don't hold your breath, it will only make you pass out from lack of oxygen.

Traveling the world on my Passport!
    Checking the Libretro blog posts shows several recent posts specifically tagged "BlackBerry". He may not be engaging with the community here but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Of course he's missed his own goal date, but it's the holidays.

RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20141231_134317.png

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R and Pcmx like this.
    12-31-14 02:43 PM
    I'm still waiting with baited breath.

Any love from a dev is good love

Passport || Fido
    Pcmx likes this.
    01-01-15 11:44 AM
    I've read some other blogs about 1.1 and it shows some really great features. I would love to see what the RA dev team can bring to BB. Patience is easier to come by with what I have from here and from other cool, engaging devs' apps out there. Reminds me to go and leave some reviews in BBWorld now.
    01-02-15 03:03 PM
    BBWorld?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 04:00 PM
614 ... 1314151617 ...