Presenting:

Button Mapping - The way you like.

With enabled "azerty" and "qwertz" keypad support.

Click Here for Info & Download

Warning: No guarantees that this will work for your deivce. Use at own risk. Common side-effects may include bugs or explosion - can't remember which one. Can cause long periods of time to pass without realizing it. May contain chemicals known to cause harm. Broken and or loose keys on keypads from excessive button-mashing is on you. Use only as directed or prescribed, or whenever you want. Remember, keep it a game and immediately notify your fellow CB members in the forums if you are noticing or experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned therein, or otherwise. Thank the good devs. that made this possible! Oh, and have fun!!
    11-27-14 08:24 PM
    Thanks! Greatly appreciated here!

Posted via CB10 | Q10
    11-27-14 08:33 PM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 01:57 AM
    Thankful it does work on my AZERTY keyboard ! GBU
    Just need a way to store key mapping

Posted from my flawless BlackBerry Passport
    11-28-14 04:19 AM
    I'm gonna test this out ASAP! This is getting my hopes up big time! I'd love to see BlackBerry 10 be given the emulator treatment it deserves. If the Android version can do it, so can BlackBerry 10 - and better.

Traveling the world on my Passport!
    11-28-14 05:51 AM
    OK. Tested on the Passport running 10.3.1.1154. Loaded up a SEGA Genesis ROM and original Gameboy ROM no problem. Button mapping to the keyboard is the best of any emulator I have even seen on ANY device. In fact, Mupen64Plus could absolutely benefit from however you did that (please share with Travis). Words cannot describe how cool your update is: it turned my Passport into a big *** Gameboy - enough said. Btw, I really dig the green color on the icon. More true to the retro genre like Space Invaders. Keep up the amazing work!

Pcmx and Mecca EL like this.
    12-04-14 10:02 AM
    Thanks and really glad to hear the good news. I've heard a lot about Mupen64Plus too since looking at this and will definitely have to install it and check it out.

Gotta say, I only woke button mapping from its slumber; it was already there but just noticed even before trying to change anything that it wouldn't map past the B button and was lucky to find a way to edit it. I'm really enjoying the keypad as a controller now and finally have been playing some games! I like how Passports keys are big and aligned. Makes for a nice D-pad
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-04-14 08:39 PM
    You must have done something to the cores or coding because the PSX games load much better than before and crash less.

12-05-14 07:26 AM
    Looks good but the Nordic keyboard appears to be unrecognized even though it is QWERTY based. It just says Unknown in the dropdown menu for the key mappings. If you could add support when you have the time that would be great.
    Pcmx likes this.
    12-05-14 07:44 AM
    Oh no. I kind of thought eventually there would be some other keypad variant to appear here.

Code:
       else if (strstr(controller->id, "qwerty"))
       {
          controller->device = DEVICE_KEYPAD;
          strlcpy(controller->device_name, "BlackBerry Q Keypad", sizeof(controller->device_name));
       }
       else if (strstr(controller->id, "azerty"))
       {
          strlcpy(controller->device_name, "BlackBerry Q Keypad", sizeof(controller->device_name));
       }
       else if (strstr(controller->id, "qwertz"))
       {
       }
    At first there was only "qwerty". Then I added the other two in the same manner since I don't have a device of my own to test other keypads and decided this would be a most likely way for it to work, and it did.

But I've been wondering if there's a better way. Could there be a universal id for the keypad?
    12-05-14 09:54 AM
    But I've been wondering if there's a better way. Could there be a universal id for the keypad?
    Just assume that all keyboards that aren't the BlackBerry bluetooth keyboard or the vritual keyboard are a keypad.

Code:
    static void qnx_input_autodetect_gamepad(input_device_t* controller)
    {
        if (controller->type == SCREEN_EVENT_KEYBOARD)
        {
            if (strstr(controller->id, "0A5C-8502"))
            {
                controller->device = DEVICE_KEYBOARD;
                strlcpy(controller->device_name, "BlackBerry BT Keyboard", sizeof(controller->device_name));
            }
            else if (strstr(controller->id, "BB-VKB"))
            {
                controller->device = DEVICE_NONE;
                strlcpy(controller->device_name, "None", sizeof(controller->device_name));
            }
            else
            {
            }
        }
        else
        {
            //handle the rest of the ids
        }
        //do other stuff
    }
    Mecca EL, Pcmx and frodebh like this.
    12-05-14 01:39 PM
    Just assume that all keyboards that aren't the BlackBerry bluetooth keyboard or the vritual keyboard are a keypad.

Code:
    static void qnx_input_autodetect_gamepad(input_device_t* controller)
    {
        {
            if (strstr(controller->id, "0A5C-8502"))
            {
                controller->device = DEVICE_KEYBOARD;
                strlcpy(controller->device_name, "BlackBerry BT Keyboard", sizeof(controller->device_name));
            }
            else if (strstr(controller->id, "BB-VKB"))
            {
                controller->device = DEVICE_NONE;
                strlcpy(controller->device_name, "None", sizeof(controller->device_name));
            }
            else
            {
            }
        }
        else
        {
            //handle the rest of the ids
        }
        //do other stuff
    }
    Thanks Travis
    12-05-14 07:18 PM
    Code:
    //do other stuff
    As soon as I added this code, the program does everything now! That is the part I was supposed to add, right

Code:
    ^This is it! Thank you so much, Travis! The thing I couldn't think of is how to differentiate between an unknown keyboard device and an unknown gamepad controller since one looks like it's mapping using keycodes, and the other is mapping to screen controls. This looks to take care of that. you the man!

Tried with an early 2000s Mac keyboard. It turned into a BlackBerry Q Keypad . It maps, and it works
    Mecca EL and frodebh like this.
    12-05-14 09:19 PM
    As soon as I added this code, the program does everything now! That is the part I was supposed to add, right

^This is it! Thank you so much, Travis! The thing I couldn't think of is how to differentiate between an unknown keyboard device and an unknown gamepad controller since one looks like it's mapping using keycodes, and the other is mapping to screen controls. This looks to take care of that. you the man!

https://db.tt/HavjdIth

Tried with an early 2000s Mac keyboard. It turned into a BlackBerry Q Keypad . It maps, and it works
    UPDATE
    12-05-14 09:59 PM
    No time from now until tomorrow night so here's a leak :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkctplf724..._2_96.bar?dl=0

I'll edit the link out later but testers can test it in the meantime.

The keymaps are bound to my current Snes preference, so keep that in mind when mapping.

License and source info, minus new keypad changes included here:

https://github.com/AampApps/RetroArch
    xubabi likes this.
    12-05-14 10:35 PM
    How is Bluetooth controller support i.e. Moga Pro)? That was a huge issue (button mapping) on Mupen64Plus that if you and Travis can team up to solve would be a godsend.

12-06-14 09:38 AM
    Love this forum and the people in it

Thanks, again, from the sidelines.

Passport | Fido
    Mecca EL and Pcmx like this.
    12-06-14 03:51 PM
    I'll edit the link out later but testers can test it in the meantime.
    It finally works on my qwertz Q10 (with GBA / VBA Next)! Thanks!
    No other emulators work with this keypad

However, is it normal that the keyboard config is reset every time the app is opened? It's also necessary to select the core and browse for the rom with every restart.
    12-09-14 01:39 PM
    How is Bluetooth controller support i.e. Moga Pro)? That was a huge issue (button mapping) on Mupen64Plus that if you and Travis can team up to solve would be a godsend.
    I think it might show as an unknown device and map. Can't say I know for sure unless someone has tried but I believe other BT controllers were working. I only have a pink Wiimote that works and the other Wii remotes in the house are newer models and won't work

is it normal that the keyboard config is reset every time the app is opened? It's also necessary to select the core and browse for the rom with every restart.
    Yeah, it'll do that . There's a nice general option for setting and saving the rom path but the core selection and custom button mapping has to be done each time.
    12-09-14 08:30 PM
    Need to get this somehow:

Need to be do a Shoryuken

On another note,
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkctplf724..._2_96.bar?dl=0
    Is anyone using this one? Is it working good? Nordic keyboard working? Gamepads ok?
    chiefx13 likes this.
    12-10-14 01:18 PM

https://db.tt/FBAELyYg

On another note,

Is anyone using this one? Is it working good? Nordic keyboard working? Gamepads ok?
    I use the current version on my Z10, with my Bluetooth controller. So far everything works great. Mapping is on point, and the Christmas themed start up icon is cool!!! Great job!!!
    Pcmx likes this.
    12-10-14 02:05 PM

On another note,

Yes Please! Diagonal movements are big problem for qwerty key mappings.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    12-10-14 10:23 PM

On another note,

I would actually personally pay money for this feature.

Passport | Fido
    12-11-14 02:08 AM
    Sorry forgot to reply, was way too busy gaming. The Nordic keyboard is working great now, thanks!
    Pcmx and Mecca EL like this.
    12-11-14 02:59 AM
    Awesome, thank you and thanks Travis!
    12-11-14 06:14 AM
614 ... 1213141516 ...