He has also not been on any site other than his own announcing the BlackBerry 10 support. That's not a good sign either.

Traveling the world on my Passport!
    It's been confirmed through the @libretro twitter account that they're working on BB10, and that beta will be dropping soon along with iOS and Android.

Posted via CB10
    danesalinas likes this.
    11-03-14 08:28 AM
    I've sideloaded Retroarch v1_0_2_8 but every single GBC game I'm playing on it just seems to have a constant crackling sound on it!
    Has anyone else had this, If so, can anything be done?

Sorry about posting this on other forum sections, just desperate for some help!
    Is there a dedicated RetroArch forum somewhere?
    11-09-14 10:38 AM
    You can turn off the sound in the options or you can try adjusting the audio settings.

patmur2010 via BlackBerry Passport
    11-09-14 10:46 AM
    Thanks but listening to the music from the games is half the fun - takes me back to when I used to play them for the first time!
    The sound options seem to only reduce the volume and nothing else..
    11-09-14 10:52 AM
    Have you tried using the VBA-m port instead of Retroarch?
    11-09-14 11:00 AM
    I used the 1_0_2_9 version for my Q10 since the end of July. I think you can update your version first. Work perfectly here
    11-09-14 01:31 PM
    Have you tried using the VBA-m port instead of Retroarch?
    I've not heard of that one, where can I find it?
    11-09-14 04:04 PM
    I used the 1_0_2_9 version for my Q10 since the end of July. I think you can update your version first. Work perfectly here
    1_0_2_9 does have gameboy colour emulation unfortunately!
    11-09-14 04:06 PM
    I've not heard of that one, where can I find it?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-vba-m-779743/
    11-09-14 04:08 PM
    Man I am so glad I found this thread. Retroarch for bb. Hopefully there's more updates but for now GBA roms will do. Waiting patiently for GBC and keyboard mapping to fully work! Thanks to the OP for the built

Posted via CB10 | Q10
    11-10-14 06:35 AM
    Super excited about this retroarch.

This really puts everything I want in cellphone gaming into one place.

Being 30 I have a bit of a soft spot for the old titles. And to be honest, the GBA and SNES era of gaming is kind of the last golden age of simple game graphics that where brought to live with creativity and story line. I have not been significantly impressed by a cell phone gaming experience since word mole.

And this app opens up 1500 titles instantly. And at least 60 totally freakin awesome ones.

Reeeeally hoping that the developers stick the course with BB10 because the keyboard phones (I have a passport) have AMAZING potential for emulator gaming. Without the need to get specialized controllers or project onto a larger screen.

I think they also tap the market for the Gen X'ers and Gen Y pretty well. Not that I want to pay money for it, but I seriously would drop some significant coin (for an app) to make sure that this ran reliably, and flawlessly with continuing support.

Good, dedicated development is worth spending money. You get what you pay for. And angry birds just isn't doing it for me.

I love the CB. But maybe all us interested folks might head over to the actual site, take the time to register an account, and light up their forums a little bit.

They're obviously fan motivated, it might do well to cheer them on.

Passport | Fido
    11-10-14 07:54 PM
    I was using 2 versions of RetroArch, the beta and the latest releases from Justin's GitHub since one has working key mapping for Wii remote and the other has save states for Snes. Neither did both.

So I wondered to myself, if I downloaded the software developer kit and sources and junk, could I do what I never dreamed of and piece meal together one that does save states in Snes, key mapping for Wiimote, and GBC..? And somehow after a day of making a lot of bad .bar files and locking up my phone, I did!

Essentially it's the beta with new cores so it has the beta issues. I'd like to learn how to "make" RetroArch-Cascades.so file. Honestly, my eyes lit up just being able to build one out of files made out of the hard work of others, and have it run. Now I have one that does everything I need it to... but with pre-release issues, like no config save or don't touch the screen or it'll crash lol.

Just did this for fun and this problematic stop-gap build is not a successor - that has to be made by somebody who knows what they're doing but I definitely have an appreciation for the time that goes into stuff like this. I was so ready to give up until I cobbled and churned out something with pretty much the same file size. The green one is the one I messed with and I didn't change the author intentionally but I guess as you "sign" the app in builder or whatever, it changes to what I put as a name.

The first ones I sent over were either like 10 or 80 MB

Not a "real" new release, I wish!

Yeah.. something's up here but it still works. If I use the newest Retro build and not the beta, this gets fixed.

Key mapping from within.

This is how much I can't wait and like this app.. haha!

Oh, and on an audio crackling issue. I had a bad one and found for some reason, after loading a game and going into the video settings, if you cursor down to the refresh rate where there's the numbers are tripping and push the confirm key on it, it will say "frame rate set at..." and then the audio crackling went away, only occasionally stuttering, but not all the time. Hope it helps
    11-17-14 10:02 AM
    I was using 2 versions of RetroArch, the beta and the latest releases from Justin's GitHub since one has working key mapping for Wii remote and the other has save states for Snes. Neither did both.

So I wondered to myself, if I downloaded the software developer kit and sources and junk, could I do what I never dreamed of and piece meal together one that does save states in Snes, key mapping for Wiimote, and GBC..? And somehow after a day of making a lot of bad .bar files and locking up my phone, I did!

Essentially it's the beta with new cores so it has the beta issues. I'd like to learn how to "make" RetroArch-Cascades.so file. Honestly, my eyes lit up just being able to build one out of files made out of the hard work of others, and have it run. Now I have one that does everything I need it to... but with pre-release issues, like no config save or don't touch the screen or it'll crash lol.

Just did this for fun and this problematic stop-gap build is not a successor - that has to be made by somebody who knows what they're doing but I definitely have an appreciation for the time that goes into stuff like this. I was so ready to give up until I cobbled and churned out something with pretty much the same file size. The green one is the one I messed with and I didn't change the author intentionally but I guess as you "sign" the app in builder or whatever, it changes to what I put as a name.

https://db.tt/4kaPZcvP

The first ones I sent over were either like 10 or 80 MB

https://db.tt/GgOVgVgk

Not a "real" new release, I wish!

https://db.tt/olUVl82w

Yeah.. something's up here but it still works. If I use the newest Retro build and not the beta, this gets fixed.

https://db.tt/e1FR7FsL

Key mapping from within.

This is how much I can't wait and like this app.. haha!

Oh, and on an audio crackling issue. I had a bad one and found for some reason, after loading a game and going into the video settings, if you cursor down to the refresh rate where there's the numbers are tripping and push the confirm key on it, it will say "frame rate set at..." and then the audio crackling went away, only occasionally stuttering, but not all the time. Hope it helps
    Can you share it?

Posted from my flawless BlackBerry Passport
    11-17-14 05:05 PM
    Wow. Niice man!

You may motivate me to try stuff like that!

Passport || Fido
    Mecca EL and Pcmx like this.
    11-18-14 12:20 AM
    Yeah, why don't you share it? We are waiting for months now for a version that makes keymapping work, so please stop making us jealous and share the bar please.
    11-18-14 05:34 AM
    I'm still learning, I think! The one above has no touch or keyboard support so it only worked with the Wiimote and crashed if you just touch the screen. I'd love to share, but not something that's downgraded, keeping in mind I didn't make any of the files or modify/contribute to any source and am basically taking and shoving others' work into a .bar and signing off on it.

That said, there exists on my devices, a most recent 1.0.2.9 with GameBoy Color re-packaged in, in addition to the other changes over 1.0.2.8 as detailed in the OP; so basically GBC and Snes save states, in one bundle.

I feel a lot more confident running the most recent release over the pre-release beta, which unfortunately tho, is the one with the mappable Wiimote keys from within RGUI. I took the one above off my device and am running this one for the time being:

GameBoy is back! There's more I want to try and I don't know what this error's all about:

Can I share anything? I don't know. Should I ask jtokarchuk? Is a new one being developed coming out really soon? I wouldn't want to go against any rules or etiquette.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-18-14 08:11 AM
    I'm still learning, I think! The one above has no touch or keyboard support so it only worked with the Wiimote and crashed if you just touch the screen. I'd love to share, but not something that's downgraded, keeping in mind I didn't make any of the files or modify/contribute to any source and am basically taking and shoving others' work into a .bar and signing off on it.

That said, there exists on my devices, a most recent 1.0.2.9 with GameBoy Color re-packaged in, in addition to the other changes over 1.0.2.8 as detailed in the OP; so basically GBC and Snes save states, in one bundle.

I feel a lot more confident running the most recent release over the pre-release beta, which unfortunately tho, is the one with the mappable Wiimote keys from within RGUI. I took the one above off my device and am running this one for the time being:

https://db.tt/hV0zfvKv

https://db.tt/4cxVnJTl

GameBoy is back! There's more I want to try and I don't know what this error's all about:

https://db.tt/HcwG8Dp1

Can I share anything? I don't know. Should I ask jtokarchuk? Is a new one being developed coming out really soon? I wouldn't want to go against any rules or etiquette.
    Reeeeeaaaally impressive work here. I like anyone that is willing to make an attempt. And your hybrid looks sweet. Keep at it. Up some alpha's, and we'll support and trouble shoot with you. I'll even get xSacha to take a look at the hybrid you've made.
    Pcmx likes this.
    11-18-14 06:35 PM
    Good work!

patmur2010 via BlackBerry Passport
    Pcmx likes this.
    11-18-14 10:15 PM
    Unfortunately, the "hybrid" doesn't include the efforts of the latest release and it crashes, doesn't save the config, no path to psx bios, main menu problems, etc. I stopped using it even if button mapping has to be the #1 thing I'd like working.

That's how I got to doing this was to see if I could just edit anything for fun .

In the process of learning, I do have the latest 1029 release with the Game Boy Color core pulled from 1028 and re-packaged in. If that's useful to anyone.. Passport (10.3.0) issues still apply.

I see stutters with audio underruns or whatever makes it get out of sync and crackle (solved mainly by cursoring to and selecting on the framerate in rgui for some reason) and the frequent instant closes on open. The 1028 and 1029 releases behave the same on my Passport, only one had Snes save states fix, the other GBC, now this one with both.

If it could be checked out by xSacha and QA'd at own risk; I use Sachesi to upload this to my phone, that would be really cool! I could provide a link for it to be reviewed.

Installed alongside 1028

File size looking to be the same

Now, I've spent some time staring at things and this comes across as a puzzle to me if anyone knows:

Uhm, would this have anything to do with the button mapping? Looks like something's missing, maybe.
    11-19-14 09:57 AM
    Now, I've spent some time staring at things and this comes across as a puzzle to me if anyone knows:

https://db.tt/FGvLVoP6

https://db.tt/5eES0oij

Uhm, would this have anything to do with the button mapping? Looks like something's missing, maybe.
    I took a quick look at Justins code on GitHub and it looks like you have found a problem. Calls to setContextProperty have to be made before createRootObject in order to work. ButtonMap doesn't get added to the qml document until after the root pane has been created so that pane won't have access to it. In order to fix this you'll need to refactor the code in the constructor RetroArch::RetroArch() in RetroArch-Cascades.cpp so that
    Code:
    qml->setContextProperty("ButtonMap", buttonMap);
    happens before
    Code:
    myAppPane = qml->createRootObject<AbstractPane>();
    You'll have to move a few lines of code around to get it to work not just the one mentioned but it should be doable.
    CyberMan2013, Mecca EL and Pcmx like this.
    11-19-14 11:41 AM
    So I hope there will be a genius here which will bring us a Passport fully working version. Cross fingers

Posted from my flawless BlackBerry Passport
    Pcmx likes this.
    11-19-14 03:12 PM
    This is what I like to see! Awesome job and appreciate the collaboration. That's what BlackBerry is all about!

Traveling the world on my Passport!
    Mecca EL, CyberMan2013 and Pcmx like this.
    11-19-14 08:29 PM
    Wholly flying monkeys of Nazareth, I got keymapping working!!..

..is what I would say if keymapping got fixed.

and guess what? IT'S FIXED!!!

Thanks so much for all the motivation!! It wasn't what we were thinking it was, I actually literally had to 'sleep on it' when I got home from work today after nearly staying up all night last night. If it hadn't been for one little thing, I wouldn't have known where to look but it was a simple fix in the end, yet so needed.

This program rocks so much, even with the broken key mapping - - and guess what? On the Passport, if you map your four (Snes) button keys to the bottom right four buttons, M, BSpace, L, and Enter, you can map your run/jump buttons in a row and not face the limitation of the too many key press problem I was having before!

I HAVE A .BAR FILE!! The most recent release (1.0.2.92)

Changes

• Repackaged Game Boy Colour!
    • Regained / Restored Keymapping Ability in Cascades!

Known issues:

• Keys need to be mapped on each time on open (so far, I think. Haven't played much with it yet. gotta go to bed )
    • GameBoy didn't save in .srm the first time running it but did later and works with mine now
    • Passport may experience issues as with the other releases

Need to know what to do now (I know, give you the BAR! LOL), would like to have the bar checked out for integrity Then what's best? Get something set up on GitHub?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-14 10:50 PM
    Excited

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-19-14 10:54 PM

Wiimote on Z10, Snes, the way I want it. This rocks so hard
    Mecca EL and CyberMan2013 like this.
    11-19-14 11:03 PM
614 ... 1011121314 ...