What I put in my response to Echoes, was meant for you. That is my response to what you couldnt have said better yourself, if you were the one saying it.
    I can only say quit while you're behind. You're really making yourself look like an ***. I am not encouraging anyone to make money off emulators. Had you read with your eyeballs and not your mouth, you would have seen where I said to not come to CB while working on the emulator, and instead I would give it to the forums myself when ready. However, you digging a deeper hole does not encourage such a thing. So how about this? You wait around Squarelicker's backside for his fabled BlackBerry 10 version to be released, and in the meantime I'll keep the emulator being worked on to myself? Anyone not happy with that, take it up with Swap.

I used my almighty Z30 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    05-24-14 07:53 PM
    I can only say quit while you're behind. You're really making yourself look like an ***. I am not encouraging anyone to make money off emulators. Had you read with your eyeballs and not your mouth, you would have seen where I said to not come to CB while working on the emulator, and instead I would give it to the forums myself when ready. However, you digging a deeper hole does not encourage such a thing. So how about this? You wait around Squarelicker's backside for his fabled BlackBerry 10 version to be released, and in the meantime I'll keep the emulator being worked on to myself? Anyone not happy with that, take it up with Swap.

I used my almighty Z30 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    Dude, I am not waiting on a BB10 version. F BB10. I am waiting on the PlayBook version he said he is going to release. I am only here because this is the thread the Playbook forum points us to for PlayBook progress. I could give a flying f about BB10, because I dont have BB10. I have a PlayBook.

And you didnt say you would release you just said you would play middleman. Not about releases or communication just that you would play middle man. I just reread it with my eyeballs.
    "I've got someone else looking at it, but this time I've advised them to avoid CB like the plague when discussing it. This is due to the way Justin was berated on here. It's better for everyone that way. I'll play middle man." Your words, from page 7, post 164, not edited at all.

So what kind of middle man you gonna be? I have dealt with many middle men in my life, and you can't really trust that messages you want relayed will get past them. If its communications middleman, then no thanks, I would rather discuss it with people myself. Middle men only really look out for themselves. If its a release middle man as you are now claiming, thanks for clarifying. You didnt say that. Still unneeded.

If Squarepusher had not straight out said he was going to release a version for PB a couple months or so ago, I would agree with you that it probably wasnt coming. But I think we should give the guy a chance to make good on it before looking for others to take over as you asked. He has done exactly as expected. Justin disappeared without a word and left us hanging, after being rather chatty about what he was going through to get his PB working again, and how he wanted to get stuff right before adding new cores. I feel more let down by the latter than the former, because I expect silence until the release from the former.

And hey, you did keep encouraging Justin to try and make money off of Retroarch, when he had asked and people, including me, said they didnt want to be bothered by ads. Just tried to go back to the thread and it says I dont have permission to go there for some reason, was the original thread deleted or something? But I remember you telling him to disregard us and go ahead and do it anyways. So I kinda did see you encourage someone to make money off of emulators and can only assume you will do the same when you discuss with other devs about updating.

And if I am going to stop a BB10 version from being released by being an ***, GOOD! F BB10! Points for me! You are welcome from a PlayBook owner who wants to watch BB and all its supporters crash and burn! So bring it! I am just getting use out of my devices before they go tits up, as they eventually will. Too much of my own and other peoples labor went in to me having my devices to not do so And then I am done with BB completely!
    05-24-14 10:37 PM
    can someone please tell me if physical keyboard is supported (Q5/10) or am i just wasting my time trying to get it to work?
    There is a option for q10 keyboard but it doesnt do anything for me..
    Thanks!
    I suggest abandoning this thread as Justin has also abandoned it and the users of the app can no longer be civil. It sounds like libretro is not, as I assumed, going to sell his Z10 on eBay and is going to be supporting BB10. Since he is going to be rewriting a bunch of the BB10 code I suggest asking this question on the libretro site.

Libretro boards • View forum - RetroArch - Blackberry
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    05-24-14 10:52 PM
    I suggest abandoning this thread as Justin has also abandoned it and the users of the app can no longer be civil. It sounds like libretro is not, as I assumed, going to sell his Z10 on eBay and is going to be supporting BB10. Since he is going to be rewriting a bunch of the BB10 code I suggest asking this question on the libretro site.

Libretro boards �€� View forum - RetroArch - Blackberry
    Thanks for the first useful answer in this thread! Just read the posts on the libretro board, will ask for support there.
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    05-25-14 04:00 AM
    And if I am going to stop a BB10 version from being released by being an ***, GOOD! F BB10! Points for me! You are welcome from a PlayBook owner who wants to watch BB and all its supporters crash and burn! So bring it! I am just getting use out of my devices before they go tits up, as they eventually will. Too much of my own and other peoples labor went in to me having my devices to not do so And then I am done with BB completely!
    It's really time to get over the "No BB10 for PB" rage. It's starting to sound about as reasonable as Elliot Rodger's last YouTube video.

Seriously. I own two of them and you'll pry them from my cold, dead hands. That said, I'd rather see software continue to come out for the four BB10 phones in my household than watch an entire company (and the small amount of stock we own in it) go up in flames because of that fiasco. I got a ton of free software through various BBW promos and got a Z30 for $100 brand new. I'm satisfied.

Anyway, Justin was NOT an "***". He actually seems like a decent guy using his own free time to do something nice for everyone. He tossed around an unpopular idea and got crucified for even suggesting it after it was already shot down. No wonder he doesn't come in here now.

I'll agree with you that SP never did outright say he was abandoning the PlayBook. But a year of zero updates, code that won't even build properly on PlayBook, no build instructions for QNX, no BlackBerry section on the forums (at the time) and no engagement with the community certainly leads to that perception. "Coming Soon" is something everyone takes with a grain of salt in BlackBerry Land, especially when it involves the PlayBook.

In the end if he's gonna update it and add the features we desperately need including the gamepad support, great! I don't have any beef with the guy.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 11:36 AM
    Anyone have a good site to download roms? All of the ones I try half the screen is white and the other half has graphics but they don't display properly

Posted via CB10 on my ? Q10
    05-25-14 10:20 PM
    I don't think links are allowed. Google isn't that hard to find the most popular ones on the 1st page.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 05:50 AM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    Elite1 likes this.
    05-26-14 09:18 AM
    So, can our official middle man get word of the auto-save configuration on exit flag fix?
    05-26-14 09:13 PM
    Chose to change the nature of this post.

...Anyone else wonder about Z3/Z30/Q5/Q10? Seems like it will be Z10 only.
    EchoesFX likes this.
    05-28-14 12:39 PM
    Retroarch only has a z10 device but they mentioned that they are going to have one build that works with all devices...it is unclear at this time

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 07:06 AM
    It's really time to get over the "No BB10 for PB" rage. It's starting to sound about as reasonable as Elliot Rodger's last YouTube video.

Seriously. I own two of them and you'll pry them from my cold, dead hands. That said, I'd rather see software continue to come out for the four BB10 phones in my household than watch an entire company (and the small amount of stock we own in it) go up in flames because of that fiasco. I got a ton of free software through various BBW promos and got a Z30 for $100 brand new. I'm satisfied.

Anyway, Justin was NOT an "***". He actually seems like a decent guy using his own free time to do something nice for everyone. He tossed around an unpopular idea and got crucified for even suggesting it after it was already shot down. No wonder he doesn't come in here now.

I'll agree with you that SP never did outright say he was abandoning the PlayBook. But a year of zero updates, code that won't even build properly on PlayBook, no build instructions for QNX, no BlackBerry section on the forums (at the time) and no engagement with the community certainly leads to that perception. "Coming Soon" is something everyone takes with a grain of salt in BlackBerry Land, especially when it involves the PlayBook.

In the end if he's gonna update it and add the features we desperately need including the gamepad support, great! I don't have any beef with the guy.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I wasnt part of the crucifixion of Justin. Nor did I say he was being an ***. I said I, Justin (tHAsWAPmEETpIMP), not the same Justin (jtokarchuk) you are speaking of, was being one. On purpose. Nerdydaddyo irritated me in the PB forum and I felt like having a little fun irritating him. All i said to jtokarchuk was that I didnt want to be bothered by ads and left it at that. I have no problem with the guy really.

Im not going to get over the BB10 thing. I made an *** out of myself for the first time in my life shilling for a company that I believed in (not making an *** out of myself for the first time, but the shilling for a company), going around telling people F their Androids and Apples, they can enjoy their tyranical closed gardens and data raping companies that they have saddled up with. Literally telling people that. All the time. Everywhere. When I saw people in phone stores about to buy something else, I would loudly interject myself and tell them they should buy BB. I don't normally support companies this way. And when they straight up abandoned me and the other PB owners the way they did, they made an enemy for life out of me. And I am loud. I am hard to ignore if you are within 50 feet or so.

I also don't have stock, so I can afford to wish bad upon them and their stockholders. Sorry if you are one of them, understand its completely impersonal individually, while completely personal collectively.

I am actually most likely done with phones and tablets after my Bold 9900 and PlayBook go tits up. It has been nice being a high tech info junkie these past few years, but unless another company comes out that is in alignment with my beliefs on datarape, closed gardens, and free markets, there is no phone or tablet out there for me.

sp just doesnt engage here on crackberry. He never really did except to release. Go to IRC #RetroArch and engage with him there. He answered my questions when I did. And he had totally abandonded it. But things change, sometimes for the better.
    peter0328 likes this.
    05-29-14 01:45 PM
    How do I download? put it on my phone, etc.? Thanks.
    06-19-14 12:03 AM
    How do I download? put it on my phone, etc.? Thanks.
    You have to sideload it using either Sachesi or BB10/Playbook App Manager. Sachesi is easier to setup. Both support dragging and dropping bar files in order to install apps. I recommend Sachesi.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sach...-GB&gws_rd=ssl

https://www.google.com/search?q=google chrome playbook manager&hl=en-GB&gws_rd=ssl

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 06:40 AM
    I have the Moga Hero controller and while playing PS1 RetroArch, Select, R2, L2 and the analog sticks don't work. How do I get it to work?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 03:36 PM
    I'm beginning to wonder if Retroarch just got a free z10 for no reason...how long has it been now?

Am I jumping the gun here guys or what?

The saying "once bitten, twice shy" comes to mind.

Posted via CB10
    EchoesFX likes this.
    06-27-14 03:41 PM
    Well, SquarePusher has not released an updated binary yet. (although Justin's suffice on BB10 for now), but there is semi recent work on the BlackBerry versions (11 days ago or so) committed to github.

Seeing as he hasn't released updated binaries for the other versions either I'd say give him a chance. Who knows what he has going on. Or try compiling the current source from github.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 03:55 PM
    Uhhh, I have no idea what you guys are talking about lol. So, does anyone know how I can get complete use of the game pad on everything retroarch?

Side note: I also have mupen64+bb and gb color pb and.would like to.use the ganepad please help!

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 04:32 PM
    I have the Moga Hero controller and while playing PS1 RetroArch, Select, R2, L2 and the analog sticks don't work. How do I get it to work?
    RetroArch doesn't support the analog sticks. If the code is similar to what it was like in Mupen64+ when I picked it up (which I imagine it is) than some of the other buttons may also not be working.

So, does anyone know how I can get complete use of the game pad on everything retroarch?

Side note: I also have mupen64+bb and gb color pb and.would like to.use the ganepad please help!
    I've not heard of anyone using the Moga Hero specifically but Moga controllers are supported by the BB10 version of Mupen64+ and other Moga controllers have been tested and work just fine (including the analog sticks). The current version may be slightly broken for controllers with the game screen not automatically gaining input focus when it is created. If the controller doesn't work when you start playing a game in Mupen64+ try touching the screen and trying again, that should fix it.
    06-27-14 04:49 PM
    Lameeeee. Any emulators that are analog stick compatible?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 05:22 PM
    The n64 emulator recognizes there's a controller connected but when I go into input to set up the buttons and such, when I try to map them, message pops up that reads something like press a button to map but millisecond later another message pops up that reads cancelling. Lame.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 05:27 PM
    The n64 emulator recognizes there's a controller connected but when I go into input to set up the buttons and such, when I try to map them, message pops up that reads something like press a button to map but millisecond later another message pops up that reads cancelling. Lame.
    Try switching from the latest version to version 1.1.5. There's a link to it in the first post of that thread.
    06-27-14 05:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    I know you're looking for an easy fix to your issue, but saying "Lame" when Travis gave you answers as to how both Mupen and RetroArch are sitting at doesn't help any.

I ran into the issue while mapping you're talking about a while back. If you hold the button on the controller while tapping the phone map button it will eventually pop the right code. You can also check some of my posts in other threads that lists the full mapping I used for Mupen, which should now include the analog sticks and R2/L2 triggers.

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    06-27-14 05:58 PM
    How long does the native RetroArch?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 06:19 PM
    Well, SquarePusher has not released an updated binary yet. (although Justin's suffice on BB10 for now), but there is semi recent work on the BlackBerry versions (11 days ago or so) committed to github.

Seeing as he hasn't released updated binaries for the other versions either I'd say give him a chance. Who knows what he has going on. Or try compiling the current source from github.

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad to hear about the GitHub update. Thank you for the response. I was hoping someone knew something I didn't.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 09:20 AM
614 ... 678910 ...