Squarepusher has a Z10 now apparently.
    Really? BlackBerry gave him a Z10 so that he can maybe take over development of an app that's explicitly banned from BlackBerry World from someone who is already a BlackBerry developer? There must be better uses for the unsold Z10's they have laying around.
    05-16-14 07:16 PM
    Hi, I'm new to Blackberry and want to thank you very much for your hard work. But I am desperately trying to find out why Button Mapping doesn't save my configuration. No matter what I try, the key config of my q10 is always resetted to the standard settings...

Please help
    05-19-14 08:30 AM
    Really? BlackBerry gave him a Z10 so that he can maybe take over development of an app that's explicitly banned from BlackBerry World from someone who is already a BlackBerry developer? There must be better uses for the unsold Z10's they have laying around.
    Agreed. That's like me offering to test out and develop Bluetooth car connection and demanding a free vehicle to do so.

I used my almighty Z30 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    05-19-14 08:44 AM
    Hi, I'm new to Blackberry and want to thank you very much for your hard work. But I am desperately trying to find out why Button Mapping doesn't save my configuration. No matter what I try, the key config of my q10 is always resetted to the standard settings...

Please help
    Try manually closing app, don't select 'quit Retroarch' from the menu. This works with some settings. Make sure that you turn on 'save settings on exit'

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 12:20 PM
    Agreed. That's like me offering to test out and develop Bluetooth car connection and demanding a free vehicle to do so.

The free BlackBerry 10 VM isn't good enough for testing apps??

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    05-19-14 12:41 PM
    The free BlackBerry 10 VM isn't good enough for testing apps??

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    In my experience it is very different to test something in the VM and on a physical device and most apps i tested are very simple. I'm glad they have the phone to work with now. Hopefully this will bring better support.
    05-19-14 01:07 PM
    Is it possible to use the physical keyboard of a q10/5 with this app? cant figure out how to do it.
    I noticed that it doesnt work in some android apps (keypresses wont be detected) but it would be quite sad if this wasnt implemented in the native sdk too...
    Any idea?
    05-19-14 01:55 PM
    Try manually closing app, don't select 'quit Retroarch' from the menu. This works with some settings. Make sure that you turn on 'save settings on exit'

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for that suggestion, unfortunately that didn't help. Anyway, I really enjoy my Q10, hat about every Windows Mobile and Android Device and didn't have so many wow moments like with the Q10. The GBA and PSX emulators are great, too.
    05-19-14 03:55 PM
    Seems like the playbook version is dead again, anyone asks libretro if he will now care to update the playbook version now that he has a bb device again.
    05-20-14 11:57 PM
    They reopened the BlackBerry section on the forum. Feel free to chime in here everyone. Let's keep up the enthusiasm for this excellent emulator project.

http://www.libretro.com/forums/index.php

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 05:48 AM
    Seems like the playbook version is dead again, anyone asks libretro if he will now care to update the playbook version now that he has a bb device again.
    Man, gotta love false hope, huh Blackman?
    05-22-14 11:40 AM
    I've got someone else looking at it, but this time I've advised them to avoid CB like the plague when discussing it. This is due to the way Justin was berated on here. It's better for everyone that way. I'll play middle man.

DurdenLunarius likes this.
    05-22-14 05:17 PM
    Retroarch just posted on their forum some news on the z10 and PlayBook development. It sounds like things are off to a good start.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 10:17 PM
    I've got someone else looking at it, but this time I've advised them to avoid CB like the plague when discussing it. This is due to the way Justin was berated on here. It's better for everyone that way. I'll play middle man.

What happened to Justin had nothing to do with CB as far as I could remember. The CB members treated Justin with respect and gratitude.

Posted via CB10
    EchoesFX likes this.
    05-22-14 11:34 PM
    The CB members reported him to Squarekisser.

05-23-14 07:11 AM
    The CB members reported him to Squarekisser.

Do you have any evidence of this? You say "the CB members" where it could be just 1 person out of 100 or maybe not even a registered, regular CB member, who was following the development. So there's no need to cast a blanket on the group who were actually supporting the cause (the CB members, myself included) where it could easily have been someone who is not a regular or just the act of an individual. Also Squarepusher could have found out through other means as well even on his own since this is all public.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 07:29 AM
    Yes, it was possibly one or more anonymous CB members since it was in the thread and most likely only a CB member would have been reading it, was unhappy with any fees imposed, and went to Squarehugger to get it straightened out so they could continue to expect developers to invest time and effort into apps without seeing a dime. Thumbs up. To the ones who did back Justin up as Cyber and myself did, thank you. I'm sorry a few bad apples ruined it, but still grateful Justin (and Travis) gave us the time of day and were successful in giving us working updates. I doubt Squarepuncher was reading this thread since he didn't give a crap about BlackBerry 10 in the first place unless we showered him with free devices (also a donation, and much more expensive than what Justin was privy to). It's a bass ackwards system.

05-23-14 08:15 AM
    Yes, it was possibly one or more anonymous CB members since it was in the thread and most likely only a CB member would have been reading it, was unhappy with any fees imposed, and went to Squarehugger to get it straightened out so they could continue to expect developers to invest time and effort into apps without seeing a dime. Thumbs up. To the ones who did back Justin up as Cyber and myself did, thank you. I'm sorry a few bad apples ruined it, but still grateful Justin (and Travis) gave us the time of day and were successful in giving us working updates. I doubt Squarepuncher was reading this thread since he didn't give a crap about BlackBerry 10 in the first place unless we showered him with free devices (also a donation, and much more expensive than what Justin was privy to). It's a bass ackwards system.

When was anything said about fees imposed? Was that in the BB10 Retroarch forum or something? Cause before this thread opened I remember him asking people if they were okay with ads and that's all I remember.

And some people feel that if you are going to work on an emulator which, whether it is intended for legal backups and homebrew or not, is going to be used by the majority of people to play games they never bought, for free, then you better be doing it for the art of coding itself. Otherwise you are profiting off of other people's theft.

Can there not be anything untainted by dirty fiat money? I would rather keep using Retroarch in its current form than see it tainted so, and personally am glad someone reported to squarepusher that people were trying to profit off of his baby.

Also, why was anyone even brought in on this to update it? Did squarepusher renege on his plan to update it? Cause from what I understood he was working on updating it, I had asked him a couple months ago after someone came in to the PB forums and said he was talking about updating it. I can understand it taking him awhile (not necessarily the year or longer since he had released, but whatever) because of all the different platforms supported. Basically, why are you meddling? Why are you asking people to look into what squarepusher is already working on? And why are you trying to encourage people to profit off of his baby, when it's clear he doesn't want people to?
    05-23-14 11:54 AM
    Also, why was anyone even brought in on this to update it? Did squarepusher renege on his plan to update it? Cause from what I understood he was working on updating it, I had asked him a couple months ago after someone came in to the PB forums and said he was talking about updating it. I can understand it taking him awhile (not necessarily the year or longer since he had released, but whatever) because of all the different platforms supported. Basically, why are you meddling? Why are you asking people to look into what squarepusher is already working on? And why are you trying to encourage people to profit off of his baby, when it's clear he doesn't want people to?
    First off, I would say that Squarepusher DID abandon the platform. He may not have had a BB10 device, but he did abandon the PlayBook version. Stop being a sycophant. Whatever the reasons, he did decide not to bother with the platform. This is truth, sorry if it tastes bad.

Second it's clear you do not grasp the concept of open source software. "Why are you meddling?" is perhaps the most ridiculous thing anyone could possibly ask in response to someone releasing their own build of an open source product. That's the point of releasing something as open source! So others can port, contribute, modify, etc. Not so it can sit behind glass with a sign that says "look but don't touch". If a developer doesn't like that they should pick another license and stay closed source.

As for the ads, well, that was something that Justin did ask about, and *nothing came of It, the idea was shot down in a BBM group chat that the general public didn't get to see*. Exactly where are you seeing anyone encouraging ads at all currently?

Regardless, if you release your code under the GPL, people can do that no matter how much of a bathsalt face eating crazy episode you have over it. Would it conflict with the licensing of some of the cores? Yes. And it didn't happen so it's a moot point.

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    05-23-14 01:31 PM
    So, what's the deal with the PB version? Literally all we need is for someone to flip on the auto save menu on exit and rerelease the bar.
    05-24-14 10:33 AM
    First off, I would say that Squarepusher DID abandon the platform. He may not have had a BB10 device, but he did abandon the PlayBook version. Stop being a sycophant. Whatever the reasons, he did decide not to bother with the platform. This is truth, sorry if it tastes bad.

Second it's clear you do not grasp the concept of open source software. "Why are you meddling?" is perhaps the most ridiculous thing anyone could possibly ask in response to someone releasing their own build of an open source product. That's the point of releasing something as open source! So others can port, contribute, modify, etc. Not so it can sit behind glass with a sign that says "look but don't touch". If a developer doesn't like that they should pick another license and stay closed source.

As for the ads, well, that was something that Justin did ask about, and *nothing came of It, the idea was shot down in a BBM group chat that the general public didn't get to see*. Exactly where are you seeing anyone encouraging ads at all currently?

Regardless, if you release your code under the GPL, people can do that no matter how much of a bathsalt face eating crazy episode you have over it. Would it conflict with the licensing of some of the cores? Yes. And it didn't happen so it's a moot point.

Posted via CB10
    Echoes nailed it. I couldn't have said a single word better myself.

KermEd likes this.
    05-24-14 04:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    (Damnit Echoes, I thought i was responding to nerdydaddyo not you. anything about you encouraging anything, talking to people about working on it, was for him. I had already posted this before I saw it was you not him, what I get for being reactionary

P.S. I for some reason think you are one of the people who contributed to replacing my stolen PB. If so, Thanks again for contributing to my PB, I havent forgotten and am still passing the goodness along as well as I can, if not, well I am still trying to pass goodness along as well as I can lol)
    When did squarepusher come out and say he had abandonded his plan to release 1.0.0.2 for the PlayBook? I went and asked him directly in IRC a couple months ago and he told me he planned on doing it. And then heard nothing about it from him, at all. Which is pretty much what I expected from him. A release eventually with not much info to go on here in the Crackberry forums. I am not being a sycophant, I am working with the information I have. (Seriously? I have never been called a sycophant in my life, I am the guy who is usually playing devils advocate and arguing whatever points are against whatever thing you are arguing for. Definitely not anyones yes man. Especially not squarepushers or (and I know he isnt a part of this conversation but i have to say it) CatalystG. You would not call me that if you knew how I felt about them releasing and abandoning like CatalystG did with Mupen64, or for taking the length of time squarepusher has to make a simple fix like making auto .cfg saving work)

I understand open source well enough. I understand that the way I said it, what you are responding to, might make it sound like I dont. I get it, and dont need it explained to me. I was in a hurry, alot of my posts are written while I'm taking a dump, and I like to get them done before I leave the bathroom. I use simple concepts like singular possession when I am in a hurry so let me take the time to explain to you the meaning behind the statement. By meddling, looking into, updating, etc... I meant this; You asked people to TAKE OVER for the PlayBook and BB10. You did not ask for people to contribute to finishing it. If someone else has taken over working on it, what reason does squarepusher have to keep working on the port he said he was working on? He could be spending his time on other platforms. From what information I have, he had said he was working on releasing a new PB version, which he was going to release when he released the other ports. Then you are asking other people to take over for him. And now they have seemed to have abandonded it too. Now, hopefully squarepusher (or someone) will continue working on it. Otherwise it will stay in its same unfinished glory. Which it is freakin awesome still, even without the auto .cfg save working, or whatever other minor issues it has.

I get that open source code is about community contribution, that while its squarepushers baby he has put it out there for others to improve, and release their own versions of a program that people can choose whats best for them and their own set up.

Anyways, my bad, making myself look ignorant. I do that sometimes. But so do a majority of us. Next time I will take the time to make myself clear, and not make myself sound like an i dio t. (Seriously? That gets asterixed?)

You said you are discussing working on it with other people, telling them not to come here because of how we are about it. I can only assume from how gung-ho you were about Justin makin money off this that you are encouraging them to do the same. Once again just working off of what information I have.

Dont do bathsalts around here buddy, just smokin the good herb that God gave me, in a state with the sense to make it legal.

And its a moot point now, wasn't when he was asking or when you were encouraging him. It also kind of set the tone for all of this discussion about it too. So maybe its not that moot, it still had an effect on how we as people are communicating with each other.
    Last edited by ThaSwapMeetPimp; 05-24-14 at 05:59 PM.
    05-24-14 05:13 PM
    So, what's the deal with the PB version? Literally all we need is for someone to flip on the auto save menu on exit and rerelease the bar.
    Thats what I thought too, but echoes says he tried that and it has other issues which pop up.
    05-24-14 05:39 PM
    Echoes nailed it. I couldn't have said a single word better myself.

What I put in my response to Echoes, was meant for you. That is my response to what you couldnt have said better yourself, if you were the one saying it.
    05-24-14 05:41 PM
    can someone please tell me if physical keyboard is supported (Q5/10) or am i just wasting my time trying to get it to work?
    There is a option for q10 keyboard but it doesnt do anything for me..
    Thanks!
    05-24-14 06:48 PM
614 ... 56789 ...