I'm looking forward to testing both RetroArch and Mupen64 on 10.3 as soon as it's done downloading =D
    05-12-14 10:23 AM
    I've tried everything that has been suggested and had covered all angles I could think of even in the beginning. I just can't get my head around it when it is working for other people. As for screenshots. What do you want screenshots of? My menu and settings?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 11:49 AM
    So, Justin, are you still waiting for your PB signing keys? Went to releases and it is still the one you released a month ago that says you are waiting for your signing keys.

If you have got them, how about signing the bar so that others can try it out. And if its not working, how about some kind of verbal update so we know you havent already abandonded this. I dont like coming to the BB10 forum, BB10 not coming to Playbook is why I am no longer a loyal BlackBerry customer, it rankles me a bit, and I have been coming here every other day for a month to see if you have given any kind of update. Tired of it.

Cause really, I am sure they would have given you keys by now if they were going to do it. If they havent then waiting for you is wasted time.
    05-12-14 01:10 PM
    So, Justin, are you still waiting for your PB signing keys? Went to releases and it is still the one you released a month ago that says you are waiting for your signing keys.

If you have got them, how about signing the bar so that others can try it out. And if its not working, how about some kind of verbal update so we know you havent already abandonded this. I dont like coming to the BB10 forum, BB10 not coming to Playbook is why I am no longer a loyal BlackBerry customer, it rankles me a bit, and I have been coming here every other day for a month to see if you have given any kind of update. Tired of it.

Cause really, I am sure they would have given you keys by now if they were going to do it. If they havent then waiting for you is wasted time.
    I get that you've been burned by the playbook as a lot of us have been, but I don't think taking it out on Justin is the way to do it or even warranted. This wasn't his originally project, he has picked it up to help out the community because the original developer has abandoned it for now. He has mentioned that he does have another job that keeps him busy. However, He has already made effort to help get the bb10 one up to date and even provided pics trying to disassemble his playbook to get it working again to work on the playbook version of retroarch.

Just my thoughts

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    05-12-14 02:35 PM
    The version he posted for PlayBook didn't run. I was able to sign and test it back then. The version on his github will compile but crashes when it tries to access the config file. Fixing this bug in the code lets it get a little further but it still crashes before displaying the UI.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 02:36 PM
    I've tried everything that has been suggested and had covered all angles I could think of even in the beginning. I just can't get my head around it when it is working for other people. As for screenshots. What do you want screenshots of? My menu and settings?

Posted via CB10
    When you installed the app and run it the first time, do you allow permissions? If you deny certain permissions, that could result in the problems you are seeing.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 04:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why don't you try the PC version of RetroArch to see if your games work fine there? The setup is supposed to be basically the same. I was hoping others who had it working could have shared their screens of their bios file, rom folders or more info, e.g if the CD images work from SD as well as device storage and which format work for them. Then maybe you can follow that to a tee and see. Do regular Sega genesis ROMs work fine?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 04:56 PM
    Yeah, the mega drive/gensis games run fine. Like I say, I can't get the Sega cd games to boot without it crashing to home screen. The bios files load directly to the console menu, but the games won't work at all.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 05:33 PM
    Try these...

https://mega.co.nz/#!g8hxkaiK!7ymYa8...mcBpqYjHrK-TI?

I zipped my working Sega CD bios files for you to try.

Let me know if there's any improvement.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 05:53 PM
    Those are my files just now. Had a few more games but haven't copied them over again since nothing was working. But using silpheed as a screen example of my rom folder.

Can't access your file as it's not downloading on my z30 browser. When I use the computer it refuses saying my browser it's out of date. Lol.

(edit, I tried to attach a pic from my phone but it's not showing on the crackberry app, so I'll sort it later).

Interestingly when I view core information it states the firmwares for both sega cd and master system are "status: missing, required" for all regions. So clearly retroarch isn't recognising my placement of the bios files even with the case sensitive spelling being correct and the configuration directing the app to the correct folder. Hmmm.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by miko2097; 05-12-14 at 06:34 PM.
    05-12-14 06:18 PM
    Ok, I just had something strange happen. I used my blackberry to rename the file and it warned me about deleting the file type but I did it anyway and then simply readded the .bin and a new file popped up beside my bins called scd_U.brm now suddenly retroarch can see the files and it says they're present in core info. Wtf!

After all this its working!

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 06:48 PM
    Ok, I just had something strange happen. I used my blackberry to rename the file and it warned me about deleting the file type but I did it anyway and then simply readded the .bin and a new file popped up beside my bins called scd_U.brm now suddenly retroarch can see the files and it says they're present in core info. Wtf!

After all this its working!

Posted via CB10
    Excellent! I'm glad you sorted it out. Could it be that the BIOS files you had were zipped and needed to be unzipped?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 07:29 PM
    Nah, they were always unzipped. I had edited the files names before with no success, so no idea why suddenly doing it on the phone itself seemed to trigger the app to recognise it suddenly. Case sensitive before hand too.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 09:00 PM
    Any ideas on how best to configure the app to prevent sound hitches/stutters. When it runs great it runs great and then suddenly sound can crackle and stutter or video can lag. Usually it's perfect, it's just at moments.

I tried enabling gpu sync as well as trying both vsync on/off etc.

Using the Z30. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by miko2097; 05-13-14 at 06:15 PM.
    05-13-14 06:02 AM
    Hi,

Somehow I am not able to change the Buttons in the newest version on my Q10.

It will change the buttons as said in the emulator input screen. Then i start the game, which i only tried snes with, and the buttons won't work. When i restart the applications buttons are reset to startup. Any ideas how to solve this glitch?

Thx in advance Roy

PS: Great work, and thanks for the efforts.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 07:15 AM
    I found success not selecting save configuration. Anytime I change basics, such as pad overlay and sync settings and stuff then exit, it seems to auto save. Who knows.

I still want advice on how to minimise or solve entirely the stuttering that happens with audio across all emulators present. Playstation games run perfect then suddenly there are hitches that come in droves then desist. Strange.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 08:59 AM
    I get that you've been burned by the playbook as a lot of us have been, but I don't think taking it out on Justin is the way to do it or even warranted. This wasn't his originally project, he has picked it up to help out the community because the original developer has abandoned it for now. He has mentioned that he does have another job that keeps him busy. However, He has already made effort to help get the bb10 one up to date and even provided pics trying to disassemble his playbook to get it working again to work on the playbook version of retroarch.

Just my thoughts

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    I don't get how asking for some kind of verbal update is "taking it out on Justin". Not like I came in here calling him an a-hole or anything like that.

F BB10, though, is my response to the fact he has the BB10 version running. Not Justin himself, just BB10.

And I know it's not his project originally, it was squarepushers. Who came in here after like a year or so and promised a new PlayBook version which he didn't deliver. Don't get me started on him or CatalystG, seriously.

And Echoes, no offense but you are the only person I have seen to say they have tested it. And I have seen many instances in these forums where one person will try something and it not work for some reason or another, even if it's working for others (for instance, under your post is a post with a quote from Miko illustrating a similar sitation), so I would prefer to test myself, if no one else is going to.

And really how hard is it to say "Working on it", or "Can't sign yet", or "Busy". Literally took me a second and if I was Justin (which is funny to say, because I AM Justin (just not the one we are talking about)) I would have just gave you a verbal update.
    05-14-14 09:01 AM
    I found success not selecting save configuration. Anytime I change basics, such as pad overlay and sync settings and stuff then exit, it seems to auto save. Who knows.

I still want advice on how to minimise or solve entirely the stuttering that happens with audio across all emulators present. Playstation games run perfect then suddenly there are hitches that come in droves then desist. Strange.

Posted via CB10
    Are you experiencing these audio issues when using HDMI output or on the phone screen?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 09:48 AM
    And Echoes, no offense but you are the only person I have seen to say they have tested it. And I have seen many instances in these forums where one person will try something and it not work for some reason or another, even if it's working for others (for instance, under your post is a post with a quote from Miko illustrating a similar sitation), so I would prefer to test myself, if no one else is going to.
    RetroArch is open source you're welcome to do anything you want if you think you are skilled enough to debug the source code and build a working version. Otherwise if you think your keys will somehow make the binaries run right when others do not, you *will* be wasting your time. I've explained why already but I'll restate it.

The BAR he posted crashes when it tries to look for retroarch.cfg in a location that does not exist. This is a *very easy* bug to fix, one line of code really. I have already done so but then the app just crashes with another error that isn't so straightforward and is beyond my ability to debug.

That said, it is your time to waste.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 09:53 AM
    RetroArch is open source you're welcome to do anything you want if you think you are skilled enough to debug the source code and build a working version. Otherwise if you think your keys will somehow make the binaries run right when others do not, you *will* be wasting your time. I've explained why already but I'll restate it.

The BAR he posted crashes when it tries to look for retroarch.cfg in a location that does not exist. This is a *very easy* bug to fix, one line of code really. I have already done so but then the app just crashes with another error that isn't so straightforward and is beyond my ability to debug.

That said, it is your time to waste.

Posted via CB10
    I have a really old computer that does not have enough RAM (according to the BB website when I went to get keys, so I didn't waste my time) and no money to upgrade it, or I already would have tried about a year ago, when I saw that changing one word from squarepushers original release should have made it to where it saved the cfg file when you exited the app.

I have been waiting a long time for very small fixes, with no answers from squarepusher during that whole time. He released then abandoned, then came back saying he was going to update, now for some reason I don't know seems to have given up on PB and Justin is the one doing it instead. And he isn't being very forthcoming with updates of any kind when it comes to the PB, verbal or otherwise. Maybe at the beginning when he was trying to charge his PB, but no real mention since he released the failed bar. Actually starting to wonder if he has abandoned PB like squarepusher and just isn't saying anything.
    05-15-14 10:13 AM
    You can actually run Momentics on a much lesser system than what BlackBerry claims. I don't know your specs, but I can run it just fine on a Toshiba NB255-250 which has a single core Atom 1.6 Ghz CPU and 2GB of RAM. I just go find something else to do on a different machine while it's compiling. Some things might take a few hours to build like a few of the libretro cores, but once you build those, you don't have to keep rebuilding them.

I don't know what Justin is up to, but in the meantime, nothing is stopping anyone from messing with the code if they have the skill and care to try.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by EchoesFX; 05-16-14 at 02:30 PM.
    05-15-14 10:57 AM
    RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20140516_091948.png

Squarepusher has a Z10 now apparently.

Posted via CB10
    S_yun likes this.
    05-16-14 11:20 AM
    I noticed it has been quiet for Justin. Given the experience he was subjected to on CB for trying to help, it doesn't surprise me that we haven't heard much from him lately. I especially feel worse about it because I asked him (along with Travis) to help out with the emulators. Guess I was kind of hoping for every single person who visited the thread to appreciate someone looking out for BlackBerry 10 and treat them with respect, but I now know that was an unrealistic thought. We're running at about 80 percent good eggs, 20 percent rotten apples. That's still better than most forums out there.

I used my almighty Z30 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    EchoesFX likes this.
    05-16-14 11:39 AM
    Sorry if this has been asked before...
    i just got my q5 and wanted to have some emulation fun but i cant get the keys configured to the q5 keypad. onscreen controls are useless on such a small screen imo and i would love to use the keypad gameboy like.
    Maybe im just missing it but it tried to configure it without success now for several minutes. Thanks!
    05-16-14 11:43 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140516_091948.png 
Views:	1716 
Size:	426.0 KB 
ID:	271085

Squarepusher has a Z10 now apparently.

Posted via CB10
    Is really?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 05:27 PM
614 ... 45678 ...