Justin,

Any plans for an update this weekend? How is your PlayBook doing since it's second coming? Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 03:07 PM
    I installed the emulator onto my Q10 from:
    https://github.com/jtokarchuk/RetroA...es-1_0_2_9.bar

I also tried version 1_0_2_8

Every time I try to run a ROM the app just disappears. I've tried SNES and NES roms. Has anyone else had this? Am I doing something wrong?
    05-03-14 09:23 AM
    You need to do a complete uninstall of the previous versions. Go into Device Monitor, then Storage, touch RetroArch in the list, then delete at the bottom. Reset your phone. Then reinstall 1.0.2.9. If you installed the Android version of RetroArch, you need to clear traces of that out too. Also, make sure you are getting good ROMs. I only recommend www.emuparadise.me .

I used my almighty Z30 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    05-03-14 09:58 AM
    I installed the emulator onto my Q10 from:
    https://github.com/jtokarchuk/RetroA...es-1_0_2_9.bar

I also tried version 1_0_2_8

Every time I try to run a ROM the app just disappears. I've tried SNES and NES roms. Has anyone else had this? Am I doing something wrong?
    Are your ROMs zipped? You may need to unzip them first.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 10:55 AM
    Memory game must be on the fuselage, not on the external storage card

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 11:02 AM
    I don't know if this is down already as a bug or something to be worked on but for me 1.0.2.9 is great! It still remains unplayable using the touchscreen controls for most shoot 'em ups since it seem like the number of simultaneous touches it picks up is kinda limited. For example when in a game like Contra, NES I have trouble aiming diagonally, shooting and jumping at the same time especially if the tip of my right thumb is holding B and I press A with the middle of my thumb to jump. Most times I won't be able to jump. It affects Lords Of Thunder, PCE in the same manner. I have trouble flying in Super Mario Bros. 3, NES for the same reason. So far one of the best touchscreen control implementations I've used for old school type gaming is in Raiden Legacy which is available in BlackBerry World. That's spot on and I can really play. The speed, responsiveness and number of simultaneous touches that can be registered are adequate. I think that's an example and a good benchmark. I have noticed some improvements in RetroArch though with the larger layout. Thanks and take care Justin. Keep up the good work. By the way, I have large thumbs and fingers and I'm using a Z10 STL100-1.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 11:11 AM
    You need to do a complete uninstall of the previous versions. Go into Device Monitor, then Storage, touch RetroArch in the list, then delete at the bottom. Reset your phone. Then reinstall 1.0.2.9. If you installed the Android version of RetroArch, you need to clear traces of that out too.
    Having trouble with this. I tried uninstalling 1.0.2.9 with vnBB10, resetting the Q10, then reinstalling 1.0.2.9. Got a fresh rom from NDS ROMS PSP ROMS PSX ROMS NES ROMS SNES ROMS GBA ROMS | Emuparadise, and I did unzip it. File is stored on the device. Still the same problem.

I was not able to follow the quoted instructions though. In App Manager -> Device Monitor there was nothing there about storage.

Thanks everyone for your help!
    05-03-14 01:07 PM
    Having trouble with this. I tried uninstalling 1.0.2.9 with vnBB10, resetting the Q10, then reinstalling 1.0.2.9. Got a fresh rom from NDS ROMS PSP ROMS PSX ROMS NES ROMS SNES ROMS GBA ROMS | Emuparadise, and I did unzip it. File is stored on the device. Still the same problem.

I was not able to follow the quoted instructions though. In App Manager -> Device Monitor there was nothing there about storage.

Thanks everyone for your help!

RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20140503_143859.png
    RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20140503_143924.png

I dunno, ROMS load fine for me from device as well as SD. Try putting them on your SD card and see if that works if a reinstall doesn't solve your issues. You could just be unlucky trying ROMS which are incompatible with the cores you're trying to use. Also, what OS are you on again?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 01:42 PM
    I've had no trouble with Roms from coolrom, if that helps as a second source.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 03:05 PM
    Wiimote will not work on pb. Needs game pad sdk

I need bluetooth device ids for these controllers so I can set it up properly.

Posted via CB10
    The simulator will also be updated?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 11:42 PM
    Any news?
    05-07-14 03:55 PM
    I can't get the config files to save anymore. since I updated to 10.2.9 the config files no longer do anything after restarting the app. I uninstalled and went back to 10.2.8 but I'm getting the same error.

Any help is appreciated...

I thought it was working on 10.2.8 before...

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 12:01 AM
    Hello.

I just side loaded this to my Z30 and wish to ask a question regarding the default folders. I cannot find any of these folders on my device or sd card when browsing. As a result I have created my own folder and changed the default locations for the roms and bios files, but I'm struggling to get any Sega CD games to work. Attempting to boot any Sega CD game results in a crash, even with the bios copied to the rom folder. I can load the bios file which boots the system menu, but from the retroarch in game settings menu, when I try to locate a CD rom to load it searches for one of the default folders I cannot locate. Accounts/1000/shared/documents/roms. I simply cannot find this folder anywhere and from that in game settings menu I cannot change where it looks for my roms.

Please help with this. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 11:27 AM
    Sega CD games work great for me on my Q10.

I've played through parts of Snatcher and Lunar 2.

Did you set the bios directory in the Cascades-style menu when you first load up the app?

I have all the roms and bios folders on an SD card. The bios files are in a separate folder than the roms.

For Sega CD, I use Bin/Cue files, rather than Iso + mp3. I know those save space, but i've never been the biggest fan. They just don't work as well, and the audio quality is lower.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 04:53 PM
    I have configured the folders to the correct destinations but still the games won't play. The only thing I can boot is the bios themselves and watch the menu. I have found the correct path for my roms folder by using the in game menu to access the change path option.

I also tried to place the bios in the root of the rom folder as suggested, too, and this is still not working for me. Just boots me back to bb10 home screen. Really wanting this to work . Especially with you mentioning Snatcher. God, what a game!

I only have bin/cue files.

Also, I wanted to ask. BlackBerry10 locks us out of some folders and they're invisible to a search on the pc. How does one find Retroarch's system and config files? I have saved configs that have created a list and they're all failed and pointless attempts at this effort using different pathways. I also want to configure the screen settings using the .cfg file if possible because manually changing the screen in the program causes it to crash every time I finish adjusting it.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 04:58 PM
    How are your Sega CD bios files named? They need to be "bios_CD_U.bin" for USA and replace the 'U' with 'J' and 'E' for the Japan and Europe bios file names respectively.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 07:08 PM
    In my experience, accessing the root folders in BB10 is a pain. I would probably not bother with messing around with the config files too much, other than just playing around with the settings in the app. It's possible to change the directory that retroarch uses for the config file, but that didn't really do much for me either.

And yeah, Snatcher is a great game! I still have a working Sega CD, and i've played it through once a year for maybe 15 years now.

Policenauts is worth checking out as well. It's for Playstation 1, and was fan-translated to English. I would also recommend Famicom Detective Club for Super Famicom (Japanese Super Nintendo).

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 08:32 PM
    Yeah, I renamed the files as they were case sensitive. I don't know what's wrong with my lot if you guys are working Sega CD games fine. Do you have success loading the roms direct or do you first boot the bios then use the in game menu to access the pathway for the content? I tried both and all lead to a crash to home screen. I have even installed different bios incase of possible corrupt files and, as already mentioned, tried different pathways. One thing I haven't tried is booting things from my sd for Sega CD as they're too slow to transfer files too. The device is where they're stored, but the other emulators and roms work fine. Any further advice?

Also, I'd love to resize my screen. Any advice on getting that to work without crashing on else the configuration is complete?

As for the root folder. How do we control content using up space there if we cannot access it? I don't like the idea of android having stuff installed all over there, or being unable to access configuration files I could use.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 03:20 AM
    For my Sega CD files, I just put everything in the Documents folder on the Device, not on the SD card. No folders inside Documents either, just in the main folder. Point my bios files to that folder and it works great. I've had issues in the past with files in the SD location, so I haven't even tested that with these newer versions.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 06:23 AM
    I've wasted 2 days trying to resolve this. I have no idea how to get this to work at all. I've tried every bios in case of corruption and I've tried loading my files via the rom and through the Sega cd menu using content loader. Nothing is preventing this crash to homescreen. I wonder why it's working for you guys and not me. Did you do anything with text editing or anything? I read some people talking about the configuration file needing tampered with. I'm at a total loss here.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 06:53 AM
    I've wasted 2 days trying to resolve this. I have no idea how to get this to work at all. I've tried every bios in case of corruption and I've tried loading my files via the rom and through the Sega cd menu using content loader. Nothing is preventing this crash to homescreen. I wonder why it's working for you guys and not me. Did you do anything with text editing or anything? I read some people talking about the configuration file needing tampered with. I'm at a total loss here.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you could try a reinstall then attach screenshots showing the steps you take and your setup. Maybe someone who has it working can do the same. I haven't tried Sega CD but use PCE CD fine. On the old RetroArch my PCE CD's didn't load from the device memory if I remember. They work fine from the SD card so it could be that.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 08:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 05:02 AM
    When you try to open the rom, are you selecting the .cue file or the .bin file? From my experiences, some roms work if opening the .cue but not the .bin, and vice versa. I'm running 29 build on both my Z30 and Q10 and can run roms fine with Sega CD.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 07:47 AM
    When there are both, I have tried both. Nothing has worked for me so far. I've even tried a variety of different bios files in case of corruption. No luck.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 09:48 AM
    When there are both, I have tried both. Nothing has worked for me so far. I've even tried a variety of different bios files in case of corruption. No luck.

Posted via CB10
    C'mon man, post some screen shots for comparison. It should be easy to get to the root of this issue since others have their setups working fine. Have you tried any of my suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 09:59 AM
614 ... 34567 ...