Please improve the GBA core. Despite what you think, that **** lags hard as hell after 10 Minutes of playing.
    Yea, I've noticed that too. It lags then it will catch up to double the speed and eventually even out. It has it's ups and downs, but not completely unusable for the time being.
    04-26-14 12:15 PM
    NDS core?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 05:51 PM
    Hi there, thanks a lot for this project, I don't know if you can do anything about this but I'll post it in any case, when retroarch first was released, I played one of the pokemon gba games on my z10, at the end of the game to continue the game restarts on its own, but pokemon its a game that shows an error something about some damage to the game and you can't save the game (I remember this from the first pc emulators) so my questions are :
    -can you do something to actually save the game??
    - retroarch doesn't save the game on a sav file like other emulators, can this be an option?? (for ex. Take the files to my pc and let the game restart on a different emulator and then keep playing it on my z10)

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 06:55 PM
    Hi there, thanks a lot for this project, I don't know if you can do anything about this but I'll post it in any case, when retroarch first was released, I played one of the pokemon gba games on my z10, at the end of the game to continue the game restarts on its own, but pokemon its a game that shows an error something about some damage to the game and you can't save the game (I remember this from the first pc emulators) so my questions are :
    -can you do something to actually save the game??
    - retroarch doesn't save the game on a sav file like other emulators, can this be an option?? (for ex. Take the files to my pc and let the game restart on a different emulator and then keep playing it on my z10)

Posted via CB10
    Save data from Retroarch is srm extension. Should be doable of file transfer from PC to Z10 I would imagine.

Posted via CB10
    EchoesFX likes this.
    04-26-14 07:09 PM
    Save data from Retroarch is srm extension. Should be doable of file transfer from PC to Z10 I would imagine.

Posted via CB10
    It isn't, I tried for hours and it's stupid how Retroarch saves gba stuff like sram.
    04-26-14 08:10 PM
    Re: nds core requests,

I know you would love to see them, but I really don't want to introduce new cores until our current bugs are stable.

Patience please!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 08:34 PM
    Also you can use retroarch on pc to load retroarch game saves if u want

Or you raspberry pi

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-27-14 02:10 AM
    Re: nds core requests,

I know you would love to see them, but I really don't want to introduce new cores until our current bugs are stable.

Patience please!

Posted via CB10
    Do you know NDS simulator can run smoothly on the blackberry 10 ?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 05:41 AM
    Do you know NDS simulator can run smoothly on the blackberry 10 ?

Posted via CB10
    If you want to try out NDS emulators then grab some from Snap (Google Play Store client). My experience with the free ones is they don't run very smoothly. DraStic is rated as the best one out there but you need to pay for it.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 09:08 AM
    Drastic doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 10:45 AM
    What's more, android app experience is so bad on BB10. I prefer to use native apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 10:49 AM
    I know but as I said, and Justin said just a few posts ago, he'll get to it down the road after current setups stabalize.

You and I both are looking forward to additional core possibility, but no sense asking right now about something that isn't a main priority.

I'm more interested if he can get the triggers and analog sticks working using Travis' github info like Mupen is now able to do =)

Posted via CB10
    EchoesFX and S_yun like this.
    04-27-14 11:34 AM
    Well said.

Posted via CB from my LE
    DurdenLunarius likes this.
    04-27-14 12:19 PM
    Please improve the GBA core. Despite what you think, that **** lags hard as hell after 10 Minutes of playing.

I figured out a way to fix this.

In audio settings in the Retroarch Rgui, turn Rate Control Delta up. Find the value that works for you to prevent skipping. It might need to be .020 or higher. It has something to do with the audio and video syncing up together.

Posted via CB10
    EchoesFX likes this.
    04-28-14 12:40 AM
    Good catch. Will try it out and see if it fixes it on my end. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 06:27 AM
    Justin, a small request: can we add an Active Frame similar to what Travis did to Mupen64Plus?

RetroArch-BB10 - Emulator Frontend-img_20140428_175215.png

I used my almighty Z30 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    04-28-14 04:54 PM
    I wonder if based on QNX blackberry 10 could run native dolphins simulator?
    04-29-14 10:08 AM
    Hey. I have a playbook running retroarch and I was wondering if there were ant blutooth controllers that are compatible to play with?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 02:08 PM
    Hey. I have a playbook running retroarch and I was wondering if there were ant blutooth controllers that are compatible to play with?

Posted via CB10
    Not currently. It's a work in progress on getting keyboard-mode controllers to work down the road though.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 02:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    The kinds of bluetooth controllers that can be made to work on a PlayBook are ones that have a mode that behaves as a keyboard.

Currently you can't use them with RetroArch. But those are the kind that can be made to work later on down the road.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 02:29 PM
    Awesome, thanks! So if I see a good deal, I may as well get it just in case it works later.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 02:40 PM
    Awesome, thanks! So if I see a good deal, I may as well get it just in case it works later.

Posted via CB10
    In the meantime, there is ONE game in BlackBerry World that supports them, Animal Battle.

Really I wish that moving forward devs would make supporting the controller a standard practice when it suits their game.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 03:01 PM
    Can we get this app on the BlackBerry beta zone? It would be nice to download updates.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 05:36 PM
    Can we get this app on the BlackBerry beta zone? It would be nice to download updates.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry does not allow emulators in BlackBerry World. They would need to change their policies for that to happen.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 05:54 PM
    This is brilliant! One of the best things ever happened to my Q10. I tried the first version when this comes up in the forum but it never worked, now it works like a charm! I tried playing MetalSlug and some GBA games and they are really smooth!
    05-02-14 01:01 PM
614 ... 23456 ...