I have always felt that notification system in mobile OS always gave the platform more importance than the contact. For me it is more important who I got the message from rather than where I got it in. Whether it be a SMS, BBM, whatsapp or Facebook, I don't care much more than who it is from. It should be easier to see who I interacted with and what was the topic. So here is my idea

Current implementation:
    Lock screen and peek screen has icons of various platforms which when clicked shows summary of notifications in that particular platform. If you click on Facebook icon, it shows facebook messages and comments from various contacts.

My Suggestion: Reverse
    Instead of platform icons, show contact pictures with a name below it. If it is only one platform a small icon of that platform can be displayed on the corner of the picture. If it is events in multiple platforms just the picture can be shown. When clicked on picture, it expands into events from each platform with icons beside messages.

If the sender is not on contact list, then it is displayed as platform icon and grouped.

In the hub, group all events of the day for the contact. When clicked it can be expanded to show all messages, calls, emails etc. from that particular user. This is very helpful as it shows all communication of that particular contact. This is already existing in Activity tab of the Contact (although not very efficient) but I think it should be in the hub. Pretty much like threaded email but all communication with one contact is threaded.

If you agree, please vote here too
    https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....-contact-based
    06-30-14 11:28 AM
    Interesting....

Personally I just wish we could do custom notifications without a 3rd party app, because I agree sometimes knowing who a message comes from it more important initially than what they say.
    06-30-14 11:40 AM