It annoys me that if an app asks for the shared file access, it has access to the whole media card. I'm not familiar with how this works, but is it not possible to implement the permission system in such a way that an app only has access to it's own folder on the media card and not the entire directory?

And would encrypting the card help? I don't store anything on the card that is sensitive since I have no idea which app is accessing what. And now with android apps, this is even a bigger issue since there are so many articles about the android apps stealing information.
    11-14-14 02:26 PM
    Encrypting the card won't change it.

That is not a bad idea. It is in fact the way applications get access to main storage. Each application has its own part of the file system.

This could be implemented, but it would only provide restrictions. You wouldn't be able to count on data being protected because the SDCARD could be moved to another system that doesn't honor the restrictions.

Why don't you go to BlackBerry's icanmakitbetter.com site and suggest this.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 03:53 PM
    Maybe one of these apps will help you:

Files Security
    I prefer this one, because files are sorted in an alphabetical index and one has a preview (e.g. for pics).

Titan Files
    The description states explicitly "... by making files inaccessible to other applications", unfortunately no preview for pics, but good enough for documents.

Files are "hidden" in the internal storage of your device.

Would be also great if we could have the "Internet Permission"-control back.
    11-14-14 07:48 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion richard! I added it to icanmakeitbetter.

Superdupont 2_0: Thanks for the app suggestions! It seems as if the files are hidden from all the apps as they are restricted. I might use them if I'm going to need to store something sensitive on them. Thanks.

I really hope something like this is in the roadmap somewhere. Having that would be the best of both worlds. Extra storage and storage restrictions like ios.
    11-15-14 10:01 PM