I think Backing up and Restoring devices should be a background process. I know it could be done as lastnight I was backing up my phone prior to installing the OS 10.2 leak. Well sods law... I needed access to google but I couldn't access my Z10 which has Authomator installed. So I clicked on the link I don't have access to my phone.... then I clicked send code to my backup number..... oh but wait... I can't use my phone because a backup is running. But I thought... What happens if someone calls me.... surely if the phone rings I'll be able to answer it... So I pressed I didn't receive the text. Low and Behold... My Z10 starts ringing and I can answer the phone call... So why on earth shouldn't I beable to use the rest of the phone.... Surely it could be possible to make the backups and restore progress dialogues background processes under the settings pull down like the Tranfers do... where you could pull down the quick settings and check the status of transfers. This should be the same for a backup or restore.

I think this would be a great feature as it is very frustrating not being able to use your phone to make calls or anything else but answering calls, while the backups an restores are being done. Particularly with restores, my last restore took about 1 hour 45 minutes earlier today.
    08-27-13 05:42 PM
    In my opinion, back-up and restore should be part of BlackBerry Protect and be available OTA either via WiFi or wireless carrier network. The desktop software is unnecessary nor does it enhance the user experience.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    08-27-13 07:14 PM
    becuz the guys in Waterloo are too busy doing nothing. Still haven't got a bbm release date which is fkin embarrassing. What's ur asking is 2-3years away unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 07:29 PM