I'd like to restore my phone with all my data and apps now that i've installed a 10.2 leak.

To do this do i just go to BlackBerry Link and restore all my device data?

Since I just installed the leak I just wanna make sure I do it right so that It doesn't bring me back to 10.1
    10-29-13 11:03 AM
    Yes you can, I suggest putting your device into airplane mode, plug'er in, open Link, and restore.

Caution - Some folks have had issues with dark themes sticking and notifications getting all screwed [not receiving FB for example]

Also 10.2 has dropped officially for most [I think]. Should've checked for a software upgrade, keep that in mind for future reference. Also, Sachesi is a nice program that can help with upgrading your device as well.
    Uzi and pvphooman like this.
    10-29-13 11:13 AM
    I have just done this, as Sachesi wasn't working for me. The restore after the wipe/install of the leak will work fine from within Link. However, I've had to re-enable all of my accounts, as it seems the passwords do not get restored.Obviously any side loaded apps - and their data! - is not backed up, and so doesn't get restored, so you'll need to do that manually.
    10-29-13 11:17 AM
    I'm on Verizon though so I can't get the official 10.2. Right?
    10-29-13 11:20 AM
    I just searched using Sachesi and on Verizon the latest version is 10.1.
    10-29-13 11:25 AM
    I'm on Verizon though so I can't get the official 10.2. Right?
    Verizon has not release an official 10.2 so if you are waiting on them... NO.

You can use Sachesi to download and "official" 10.2 from another carrier onto your Verizon device.
    deezy87 likes this.
    10-29-13 11:26 AM
    Verizon has not release an official 10.2 so if you are waiting on them... NO.

You can use Sachesi to download and "official" 10.2 from another carrier onto your Verizon device.
    oh really? i'll have to figure out how to do that haha
    10-29-13 11:39 AM
    I have just done this, as Sachesi wasn't working for me. The restore after the wipe/install of the leak will work fine from within Link. However, I've had to re-enable all of my accounts, as it seems the passwords do not get restored.Obviously any side loaded apps - and their data! - is not backed up, and so doesn't get restored, so you'll need to do that manually.
    The data for side loaded apps is backed up, but the apps themselves are not (if that makes sense). If you re-sideload before you restore data, everything *should* come back, like game saves and all that stuff. At least, that's what I've read.

The only side loaded app I use is Instagram, so there's not much to be restored, but it did save my login info when I side loaded before I restored.

Posted via CB10 from my seksi Z10 (STL100-3 | OS 10.1.0.4780)
    10-29-13 11:44 AM
    The data for side loaded apps is backed up, but the apps themselves are not (if that makes sense). If you re-sideload before you restore data, everything *should* come back, like game saves and all that stuff. At least, that's what I've read.

The only side loaded app I use is Instagram, so there's not much to be restored, but it did save my login info when I side loaded before I restored.

Posted via CB10 from my seksi Z10 (STL100-3 | OS 10.1.0.4780)
    After a few OS installs, I have had perfect luck retaining my side loaded app data as long as as I side load all my apps before restoring from Link or Sachesi.
    10-29-13 12:49 PM
    I'd like to restore my phone with all my data and apps now that i've installed a 10.2 leak.

To do this do i just go to BlackBerry Link and restore all my device data?

Since I just installed the leak I just wanna make sure I do it right so that It doesn't bring me back to 10.1
    Install Applications only. No settings. Install sideloads first so your game data will be there also. Ok to install media too. (Some old setting data may cause issues with the upgrade.)

Trusted Member Genius
    10-29-13 03:51 PM