Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 12:06 PM
    I would do a custom restore and do NOT restores the BlackBerry Runtime portion

What OS I'm on is my business, get off my NUTS! Ex-BerryLeaks member (best group ever) Current Peevishlicious crew 'Enforcer'
    10-29-14 01:05 PM
    Or settings, if you have a way to backup contacts, calendar etc other than link, it's suggested to use that. Restoring settings seems to mess up devices especially when jumping OSes of different branches

Posted via my AzzazzinBerry (STL100-3/10.3.1.938)
    10-29-14 02:46 PM
    If you want to avoid problems with installing old code on top of new, DO NOT restore settings, runtime, or apps either. Apps that are restored instead of downloaded new, place the older apps code inside the new download sometimes, not always, removing some of the new features of that app.
    In my opinion and experience with over 50 os updates (Autoloaders, Sachesi, etc) starting fresh has its merits.
    Updating With Sachesi (non destructively) gets you a newer os without having to set up the phone again.
    If I'm in a lazy mood I don't start fresh with an autoloader and I update non destructively sometimes missing out on a few new things but am happy to not have to sign in to all my email and social apps again and contacts and calendars.
    Your choice.
    Hope this helps, good luck.

Always back up so if you don't like what you end up with you can go back to the SAME os you had and THEN RESTORE from that exact same os. (that is when I restore...)
    10.3.1.938 backup to 10.3.1.938 os.
    Same backup, same os. No issues

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.938
    10-29-14 04:10 PM