Your wrong. It is Google. Got two emails from them saying it is a problem on there end.

And where's the part where you admit that you were wrong, and obnoxiously so?

Or do you just prefer to call everyone else wrong?
    just_luc likes this.
    05-28-13 05:42 PM
    I did another test now and this seems to confirm that OS 10 or 10.1 is not to blame:
    I have setup an Office 365 account (Online Exchange) on my Z10. The setup is exactly the same as for my Google Apps email. Same menu, same functionality. Guess what? The emails from Microsoft are coming in real time. So if this really were an issue with the Z10 and its EAS implementation shouldn' t I have the same issue with Office 365?

Things are not that simple, as I explained in an earlier post. There are many interacting variables, and to be quite blunt, most end-users haven't the foggiest idea which one affects what, which variables have changed or not changed, or even what the variables themselves are. Not to mention who might be to blame in situations like this because the interactions between the different provider's products are complex.

It might seem to most people that if one variable that they do know about is constant then automatically the blame must be elsewhere, but that's not really the reality of it. EAS is also a pretty complex protocol, and there are a lot of variations in how each vendor implements it.

As just one counter-intuitive example, there are component features of EAS that Blackberry 10 supports, that even Microsoft itself doesn't support in its own Windows Phone 8.
    05-28-13 05:46 PM
    Update from Google:

Known Issues - Google Apps Help

Intermittent Google Sync push notification failures

Status: This is a known issue, and we're working to resolve it. A small subset of Google Sync users have reported intermittent failures to receive push notifications on their mobile devices. Please note that this issue does not affect the ability of your device to sync messages.

Workaround: For affected iOS users, our temporary suggested workaround is to download the Gmail application for iOS to receive push notifications. After downloading the Gmail for iOS application, you can still use the native iOS Mail application to view and compose messages while using the Gmail for iOS application to receive push notifications.
    updated 05/28/2013
    rdcanuck likes this.
    05-29-13 03:46 AM
    I haven't heard back from BlackBerry yet but I assume they'll say it is a Google issue given what we know up to this point. My emails have actually been coming in normally so far today.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 11:09 AM
    Hello BB 10 Users and Abusers and Arguers.
    Known Issues link here: Known Issues - Google Apps Help
    Just go to E-mail clients and Mobile devices and scroll to the bottom.

Work Around! / Fix

now that 10.1 IMAP supports push if available, just use the Out of Box account settings - delete the exchange account and add the account and let the BB use all the default settings. It's not activesync but it works fine and emails are push as long as you enable the option "use push if available". Active Sync does sync faster but is buggy on Google accounts. I for one have found that I can't get a list of all my Folders/Labels among other problems. I also can't invite people to meeting if I use ActiveSync but that's an entirely different issue. The PlayBook email client has the exact same problem with ActiveSync as BB10 and why the iPad is working perfectly throughout all of this beats me (at least with my account). I presume it is because the iPhone / iPad is on the supported device list for ActiveSync.
    05-29-13 11:29 AM
    I haven't heard back from BlackBerry yet but I assume they'll say it is a Google issue given what we know up to this point. My emails have actually been coming in normally so far today.

Posted via CB10
    I just set my settings back to push and the test emails came in instantly. I am hoping the problem is resolved now as it appears to be.

BTW, this thread is an excellent example of why I keep visiting Crackberry forums. Thanks to all the contributers on this issue.

Posted via CB10
    just_luc likes this.
    05-29-13 11:46 AM
    Hello BB 10 Users and Abusers and Arguers.
    Known Issues link here: Known Issues - Google Apps Help
    Just go to E-mail clients and Mobile devices and scroll to the bottom.

Work Around! / Fix

now that 10.1 IMAP supports push if available, just use the Out of Box account settings - delete the exchange account and add the account and let the BB use all the default settings. It's not activesync but it works fine and emails are push as long as you enable the option "use push if available". Active Sync does sync faster but is buggy on Google accounts. I for one have found that I can't get a list of all my Folders/Labels among other problems. I also can't invite people to meeting if I use ActiveSync but that's an entirely different issue. The PlayBook email client has the exact same problem with ActiveSync as BB10 and why the iPad is working perfectly throughout all of this beats me (at least with my account). I presume it is because the iPhone / iPad is on the supported device list for ActiveSync.
    Glad you found something that works for you, but I wouldn't call it a fix. Active sync is one of the main reasons many of us pay for a Google apps account rather then using Gmail. I think many of us will hold out for the active sync fix from Google.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 11:49 AM
    I just set my settings back to push and the test emails came in instantly. I am hoping the problem is resolved now as it appears to be.

BTW, this thread is an excellent example of why I keep visiting Crackberry forums. Thanks to all the contributers on this issue.

Posted via CB10
    Glad to hear. It's a good time for me to test as I'm at my desk and can see the emails hit the mail box anyway. I just changed it back to push as well. Let's see what the next few hours bring.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 11:57 AM
    So far so good, emails coming in as fast or faster then ever!

Going to be glad to get my battery life back under control!

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 12:05 PM
    So far this morning all my emails are coming in instantly again. I'll check back later but it's looking good so far today.

Posted via CB10
    just_luc likes this.
    05-29-13 12:06 PM
    Yippieh, seems to be fixed! Emails instantly again for me.
    05-29-13 12:27 PM
    Hey you turd, you need to go get some fresh air. Do you wear pampers not to leave your pc?

Google still hasn't announced a fix so if it is working it was a blackberry issue.
    Adults have jobs.. sometimes that requires us to sit in front of a PC during the day.. you'll learn all about that when you grow some hair in your naughty place and move out of your mother's basement.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    05-29-13 01:07 PM
    Just got the official notice from google that the problem has been resolved..

Hello Luc,

Thanks for your patience.

Please read below for updates on the status of your issue:

Updates since last message:

We're happy to report that this issue has now been resolved. All users should now be able to receive push notifications on their mobile devices via the Exchange ActiveSync protocol. If you're currently unable to receive push notifications, please power off and restart your device.

Thanks again for your continued patience as we worked to resolve this issue. If you continue to experience any push notification failures, please let us know.

If you have any questions about your case, you can reply to this message and a support agent will follow up with you. If you no longer think this is your issue, please click the link below so that we can continue working with you to identify your issue:

[removed]

Sincerely,

Google Enterprise Support
    Omnitech, grover5 and BerryWife like this.
    05-29-13 03:45 PM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    grover5 likes this.
    05-29-13 06:30 PM
    Sorry to bring up this old thread, but my Google Apps free edition is acting up. First, it delayed arrival by a few hours and now it has been more than 12 hours and I see my email online, but not on the phone. Meaning it didn't sync at all!!

Any ideas guys?
    09-02-13 09:22 PM
    Sorry to bring up this old thread, but my Google Apps free edition is acting up. First, it delayed arrival by a few hours and now it has been more than 12 hours and I see my email online, but not on the phone. Meaning it didn't sync at all!!

Any ideas guys?

This thread was created to discuss the paid version of Google Apps, along with the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) connection protocol, which at this point is not available to users of Google's free services. (Unless you are still using the same device you setup EAS on before they killed it for free service users, around 2013-02.)

There are a variety of reasons why "push email over internet" may not synchronize as expected, as network idiosyncracies can cause it problems.

First, please look at the Google account on your device and determine:

1. Is it setup using EAS, IMAP or POP?
    2. If setup on EAS or IMAP, what is the "Sync Interval" set to?

Lastly, does the problem occur when using mobile carrier data, WiFi, or both?
    09-06-13 05:21 PM
    Thanks!
    Problem occurs on both connections. The Google apps is paid and has active sync. Also this worked perfectly well compared to the delay from my free Google apps accounts.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 07:32 AM
    I'm having trouble piecing together what you are saying here. Here is your initial claim:

...my Google Apps free edition is acting up. First, it delayed arrival by a few hours and now it has been more than 12 hours and I see my email online, but not on the phone. Meaning it didn't sync at all!!

In that post, you say it was your "free edition" that was the problem.

Problem occurs on both connections. The Google apps is paid and has active sync. Also this worked perfectly well compared to the delay from my free Google apps accounts.

Here, I'm having trouble figuring out whether the problem exists only on the free account, or on the paid one as well? The first sentence seems to contradict the third.

Once again, I am going to guess that you are saying:

PAID Google account uses Exchange ActiveSync. (EAS)
    FREE Google account does NOT use Exchange ActiveSync. (Probably uses IMAP for Email, and/or CalDAV for Calendar sync, and/or CardDAV for contact sync.

Is that correct?

And if you would please clarify WHICH account is having the problem again. Thanks.
    09-09-13 01:50 PM
    Sorry what I mean is business edition that has active sync needs to work, has to work on an instant level and it goes. My other Google free emails that don't have activesync still receive emails once every 15 mins.

Problem is with this one particular Google Apps free edition that I haven't received for a long time. (It seems though that it has rectified on its own but still)
    09-10-13 06:20 AM
    Sorry what I mean is business edition that has active sync needs to work, has to work on an instant level and it goes.

I assume what you are saying there is that your business Google account works fine and updates quickly.

My other Google free emails that don't have activesync still receive emails once every 15 mins.

I assume what you mean there is that you are OK with that? Technically you can get email notification quicker from Google using IMAP IDLE (ie "push" enabled in BB10 email account settings) but for that to work the network you are using needs to support it and some home networks (ie when using WiFi) don't.

Problem is with this one particular Google Apps free edition that I haven't received for a long time. (It seems though that it has rectified on its own but still)

So I assume what you mean there is that you are no longer experiencing the delay issue. Correct?
    09-10-13 12:26 PM
    No longer experiencing the problem but my free Google apps should have a max sync delay of maybe 30 mins, not 15 hours or no sync at all.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:28 PM
    It has started again.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 02:37 AM
    No longer experiencing the problem but my free Google apps should have a max sync delay of maybe 30 mins, not 15 hours or no sync at all.

I agree it should not delay that long, but the most likely explanation is some sort of connection reliability issues or perhaps intentional or unintentional content filtering on that link.
    09-16-13 04:39 PM
148 ... 456