Things won't get bad to normal, I spoke to blackberry and see no fix to this. Seems like they woul need a bunch of tickets open to take it seriously.
    I disagree that things will not eventually return to normal, but you are correct that Blackberry will need numerous open tickets to take the issue seriously, but that's to be expected. A big company doesn't up and change their software after one or two users reports a problem.. it's going to take hundreds of reports for anyone who matters to even know there's a problem, never mind devise a solutions and implement a work around, but it will eventually happen. Hopefully sooner then later. All we can do is keep reporting the problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 10:47 PM
    Update:
    I decided to start from scratch and installed 10.1.0.1880. Did not restore any backup just added my GAPPS accounts from scratch as always configured as EAS with push. Instant delivery as it was for weeks! I do not have any answer from Google yet but seems they have fixed something on their side. Will report back if the instant delivery should vanish again...
    Update 2:
    After a few hours of use the instant delivery has stopped again. Still waiting for an answer from Google if they have changed anything
    05-28-13 01:38 AM
    Update 2:
    After a few hours of use the instant delivery has stopped again. Still waiting for an answer from Google if they have changed anything
    It's not Google. I had opened ticket and they said it is on blackberry side.

Activesync on ipad works fine for me except my BlackBerry.
    05-28-13 06:50 AM
    Exactly. The phrase "barking up the wrong tree" comes to mind.

This has nothing to do with Google. BlackBerry has an EAS problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 07:27 AM
    Update 2:
    Update 3:
    Answer from Google:
    There has been NO change in the Exchange Active Sync functionality from our side.
    Active Sync is meant for iPhone and Windows Phone users only. We do not offer Active Sync with Google Apps on a BlackBerry 10 device - even when this sync partially works. We do not support Active Sync on BlackBerry 10 and recommend using the BlackBerry Enterprise Server with Google Apps connector.
    The reason for your problem that the instant push does not work anymore seems to be the upgrade to BlackBerry OS 10.1
    05-28-13 09:24 AM
    Update 3:
    Answer from Google:
    There has been NO change in the Exchange Active Sync functionality from our side.
    Active Sync is meant for iPhone and Windows Phone users only. We do not offer Active Sync with Google Apps on a BlackBerry 10 device - even when this sync partially works. We do not support Active Sync on BlackBerry 10 and recommend using the BlackBerry Enterprise Server with Google Apps connector.
    The reason for your problem that the instant push does not work anymore seems to be the upgrade to BlackBerry OS 10.1
    They are at least a little off as I'm on 10.0.

Posted via CB10
    just_luc likes this.
    05-28-13 09:52 AM
    For the rest of you... I'm on the phone with google apps support as we speak, and as expected they are saying their support for BB10 is limited, but they did try and trouble shoot with me a little bit before blaming the problem on Blackberry. He did tell me though, that they have a known issue right now affecting some ios users over EAS in which they are not receiving message notifications. And that they are currently working with Apple to see if the issue is on apples side or theirs. He says it's unrelated to our problem, but I can't help but think solving one might help with the other. I now have an open ticket, and a promise to be updated if new information arises.

Off to call Rogers again in hopes of being escalated to Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pkcable; 05-29-13 at 06:22 PM. Reason: content edit -pk
    grover5 and rdcanuck like this.
    05-28-13 10:33 AM
    Spoke to Rogers again, my ticket has been escalated to Blackberry, they are waiting to hear back.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 10:49 AM
    BlackBerry is aware. I actually pointed this thread to the BB10 team this morning. They're reviewing it.

Posted via CB10
    just_luc likes this.
    05-28-13 11:02 AM
    Update 4:
    I told the Google support that I was able to use instant push without any problems for weeks with OS 10.1 and that I highly doubt that 10.1 is the cause for the current problems.
    They now came back with a new answer and told me that they just tested EAS push with an iPhone and found the same issues with instant push not working. The support guy then got an answer from 3rd level that they are aware of instant push problems and working on a fix for all EAS users.

So my conclusion for the time beeing:
    There are instant push problems on the Google side right now which affect BlackBerry users as well. The first answer you will get is of course that this is a BlackBerry thing and that they do not support it at all.
    05-28-13 11:03 AM
    Update 4:
    I told the Google support that I was able to use instant push without any problems for weeks with OS 10.1 and that I highly doubt that 10.1 is the cause for the current problems.
    They now came back with a new answer and told me that they just tested EAS push with an iPhone and found the same issues with instant push not working. The support guy then got an answer from 3rd level that they are aware of instant push problems and working on a fix for all EAS users.

So my conclusion for the time beeing:
    There are instant push problems on the Google side right now which affect BlackBerry users as well. The first answer you will get is of course that this is a BlackBerry thing and that they do not support it at all.
    Sounds like exactly the same conversation I just had with them. At least it's progress. Here's hoping when they solve the EAS problem they are now aware of for 'some ios users' it also solves it for us despite the fact that they don't officially support BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 11:18 AM
    For those just joining us, I've updated post 1 with what we seem to have discovered so far.

EDIT: AS I KNOW MANY WILL NOT READ THROUGH THE ENTIRE THREAD, I WILL SUMMARIZE HERE WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR

- Several BB10 users are experiencing a severe delay in email delivery using google apps over EAS. Sometimes up to 2 hours before a message is received. sent messages appear unaffected.

- The problem seems to have started Thursday May 24th and is ongoing.

- One BB10 user is experiencing the problem with another EAS provider, it was considered that this might be an EAS issue but it seems that users issue is likely unrelated.

- The issue persists over different carriers as well as on wifi

- The issues persists on OS 10.0, the stock 10.1 and various leaks of 10.1

- Multiple users have escalated tickets to Blackberry regarding the issue through their carriers or otherwise. All users experiencing the problem should do the same. More open tickets will lead to more resources working on the issue.

- Multiple users have opened tickets with google in regards to the issue. Google's support for the Z10 is limited to instructing the user to delete and re-add the account. After which they say the problem must be on Blackberry's side BUT increasingly they are becoming aware of an issue affecting some ios users in which they are not receiving mail notifications over EAS. Google does not pro-actively support the Z10, and thus are only admitting to a problem affecting ios users at this time, but logic would suggest the issues we are having might stem from the same issue. Google has not yet determined in the problem affecting ios users stems from googles side or apples side. They are working with apple to determine a cause. The evidence in my opinion points to a problem on googles end, but in the event that apple comes up with a workaround rather then google correcting the problem, Blackberry should be investigating possible work arounds as well, thus the need to continue to open tickets with your carrier and/or blackberry.

- turning off push, and selecting 5 minute intervals in the EAS setttings seems to be a temporary workaround, its extremely battery intensive, and it's still not instant, but you get messages in about 5 minutes rather then the hour or more we've been experiencing.

- you'll have to ignore babydisco, he and his 15 posts think they know everything, and even though he's throwing his Z10 in the river and going back to apple he feels a need to disrupt this thread.
    Last edited by just_luc; 05-28-13 at 12:43 PM.
    05-28-13 12:13 PM
    I have a ticket out with BlackBerry as well. If I learn anything new I'll post it here. I do think it is a Google issue but I could easily be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    just_luc likes this.
    05-28-13 12:33 PM
    Google EAS has been acting up a lot lately. Just look at iMore's blogs.. Google doesn't care about EAS so I'm not surprised.

@reneritchie: Gmail ActiveSync still not working properly, day [too many] https://t.co/HiZovJI3Tp

Original: https://twitter.com/reneritchie/stat...86722976661506

Shared via Blaq for BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 12:34 PM
    Google EAS has been acting up a lot lately. Just look at iMore's blogs.. Google doesn't care about EAS so I'm not surprised.
    That's fine to say... but that had better not be Google's position on ActiveSync as they've dropped it from the free accounts but I'm PAYING for it under Google Apps.... The saga continues and I'm hoping for a resolution soon as I've come the expect my email to be reliable on the BB platform and I'm scrambling to adapt as I can't seem to trust things as of last Thursday.

Thanx to all that are pushing via tickets with BB and Google.
    just_luc likes this.
    05-28-13 01:37 PM
    @just_luc
    thanks for your updates

@agp101
    thanks for the links, interesting to read

I did another test now and this seems to confirm that OS 10 or 10.1 is not to blame:
    I have setup an Office 365 account (Online Exchange) on my Z10. The setup is exactly the same as for my Google Apps email. Same menu, same functionality. Guess what? The emails from Microsoft are coming in real time. So if this really were an issue with the Z10 and its EAS implementation shouldn' t I have the same issue with Office 365? Hope that Google will fix this soon, it's a paid service at least and they charge for every mailbox.
    just_luc likes this.
    05-28-13 01:46 PM
    @just_luc
    thanks for your updates

@agp101
    thanks for the links, interesting to read

I did another test now and this seems to confirm that OS 10 or 10.1 is not to blame:
    I have setup an Office 365 account (Online Exchange) on my Z10. The setup is exactly the same as for my Google Apps email. Same menu, same functionality. Guess what? The emails from Microsoft are coming in real time. So if this really were an issue with the Z10 and its EAS implementation shouldn' t I have the same issue with Office 365? Hope that Google will fix this soon, it's a paid service at least and they charge for every mailbox.
    Guess what? I have an Outlook.com account (EAS) and a corporate EAS account. The corporate account (no relation to Google whatsoever) doesn't work, but the Outlook.com account does. In fact, I have a rule set up in my corporate mailbox to forward my mail to my outlook.com account so that I know when I get mail.

I'm the only one in my company running 10.1. I'm the only one that doesn't get my EAS mail. When I roll back to 10.0.9.422 my mail works perfectly, just as it does for everyone else in my company running 10.0.

I know you don't want to hear this and I'll stop posting after this one, but the only controlled variable here is BB10. My scenario, with exactly the same symptoms you're seeing, is not tied to Google in any way. Therefore, logically, one should assume Google can't be the cause.
    AndroidArmageddon likes this.
    05-28-13 01:56 PM
    Guess what? I have an Outlook.com account (EAS) and a corporate EAS account. The corporate account (no relation to Google whatsoever) doesn't work, but the Outlook.com account does. In fact, I have a rule set up in my corporate mailbox to forward my mail to my outlook.com account so that I know when I get mail.

I'm the only one in my company running 10.1. I'm the only one that doesn't get my EAS mail. When I roll back to 10.0.9.422 my mail works perfectly, just as it does for everyone else in my company running 10.0.

I know you don't want to hear this and I'll stop posting after this one, but the only controlled variable here is BB10. My scenario, with exactly the same symptoms you're seeing, is not tied to Google in any way. Therefore, logically, one should assume Google can't be the cause.
    Ah, so BlackBerry 10 must be what's causing Google's EAS to screw up on iOS devices as well.. I'll pass that along to my ios friends .

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 02:09 PM

Your wrong. It is Google. Got two emails from them saying it is a problem on there end.
    05-28-13 02:50 PM
    I know you don't want to hear this and I'll stop posting after this one, but the only controlled variable here is BB10.
    I hear you and I don' t say that BlackBerry 10 or 10.1 is perfect. But for me it is hard to understand why:
    1) I got instant push working with Google Apps on my Z10 for months without any issues no matter which OS version I have used and this stopped working all of a sudden last friday
    2) I got instant push working right now on the same Z10 with an Outlook 365 account
    In my scenario the only controlled variable is Google.
    just_luc likes this.
    05-28-13 02:57 PM
    Anyway........ I just got a call back from Google Support, and this is now a known issue!!! They are aware and the engineering team is working on it, but there's no ETA at this time. PROGRESS!
    Last edited by pkcable; 05-29-13 at 06:27 PM. Reason: content edit -pk
    Omnitech likes this.
    05-28-13 03:01 PM
    Having this here too... driving me nuts!!!

Posted with my Zed via CeeBeeTen
    05-28-13 04:55 PM
    Thanks @just_luc

Since we have some feedback from iOS users having issues but the problem does not seem to impact a lot of users is because a lot of iPhone users don't use the stock email client and use either Google's own Gmail or Mailbox app (or others). All these third party email clients have push notifications delivered via Apple Notification System which gets notifications from Google's or third party servers polling mail without using EAS.
    05-28-13 05:12 PM
    They are at least a little off as I'm on 10.0.

Oh, perish the thought that a competitor with an axe to grind points their finger at their competitor instead! Say it isn't so!

You must not have dealt much with the technology industry.

(Edit: My apologies, my last sentence was probably more directed to the person you were following-up to than yourself.)
    Last edited by Omnitech; 05-28-13 at 05:49 PM.
    05-28-13 05:37 PM
    The push off and check every 5 minutes fixed it for now but is a definite bandaid solution.

On Rogers z10 10.1 official release.

Posted with my Zed via CeeBeeTen
    05-28-13 05:37 PM
148 ... 3456