I had no issues with the first 10.1 leak (installed within a couple days of leak) for four days, then it stopped working. I assure you, I don't use Google Apps, and I have the same problem with my corporate EAS account. Been working with BB since May 16th on the issue.

I guarantee you that if you roll back to any 10.0 release the problem will be gone.
    I'm on 10.0 and I have the problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 01:09 PM
    I suppose getting any time frame for a fix to be pushed from BlackBerry is not possible...

Posted via CB10
    Nope. Even while working on it they're saying "we can't comment on unreleased software". I'm on Verizon so I'm not even supposed to have 10.0.10. I'm working with BB because I have some downtime until June and have the flexibility to help them troubleshoot. Once June rolls around, I have to go back to 10.0 until I'm certain there's a fix.

If this rolls out as an official upgrade (and then no easy way to roll back out to 10.0) in the U.S. (bigger population of users than other countries, even if marketshare % is smaller) it will be an utter disaster for BB. Unusable for a lot corporate EAS accounts. I have a 10.0.1.822 autoloader so I'll be able to go back. Most others won't be able to. If I couldn't, I'd have to get a different phone.
    05-26-13 01:17 PM
    I'm on 10.0 and I have the problem.

Posted via CB10

Hmmm. That's a new wrinkle. I had no issues with 10.0.10.822. Maybe it was a timing issue and if I go back to that it will have the same problem. When I've rolled back as part of the testing, I've gone back to factory settings, 10.0.9.422, where things have been working perfectly.
    05-26-13 01:18 PM
    Well, this is already a disaster for BlackBerry as 10.1 was rolling out for a lot of markets last week and broken EAS sync on a device used primarily and often solely for email using EAS is a deal breaker.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 01:22 PM
    Well, this is already a disaster for BlackBerry as 10.1 was rolling out for a lot of markets last week and broken EAS sync on a device used primarily and often solely for email using EAS is a deal breaker.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think they've seen enough impact yet. There are a lot of people who haven't realized it's a BB issue (note the title of this thread).

DMarch's issue (same issue on 10.0) has me puzzled though. It may be a network change that was made around the middle of May.
    05-26-13 01:26 PM
    We are all on different networks in different countries on different OS builds and the sync suddenly stopped working for us on both Exchange and Google Apps - this makes diagnosing the cause of this problem more difficult.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 01:38 PM
    :-)

I have raised a ticket now and will post an update as soon as I have a statement from the Google Apps support
    Thank you. Sorry to hear about your trouble, but as Alexey said, I'm glad more users are starting to report the problem. It will hopefully lead to a speedier resolution for all of us.. I too intend to submit a ticket with google as soon as time permits. I've also submitted a ticket for escalation with my carrier that will hopefully make its way to Blackberry. Its a shame that we don't have the ability to submit issues to blackberry directly.

As far as being sure the problem stems from EAS and not Google.. maybe, but that's still going to require a ticket with google, because Google is the EAS subscriber in this scenario, so enough tickets raised with google from Google apps subscribers will cause Google to determine that EAS is the problem, and thus they will then in turn raise a ticket with Microsoft. Still though, as I said before.. whether the 'problem' or change that's causing our problem stems from Google or from EAS.. the fact still remains that it appears iphones and androids are unaffected, so it will likely be upto Blackberry to conform then for either of those companies to fix.. again why it would be nice if we could submit tickets to blackberry directly.

At this point keep submitting tickets to Google, keep submitting tickets to your carriers and demand those tickets be escalated to blackberry and keep talking about it on this forum and encouraging any other users experiencing the issue to come forward and to submit the aforementioned tickets.

P.S, I've been on 10.1 for weeks with no issues, I only started having problems Friday night, and since then I've now upgraded to the latest leak and the problem persists.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 01:42 PM
    If it is really an 10.1 issue why did I get all my Google Apps emails immediately delivered since may? No matter if I was using a 10.0.x build or a 10.1 build. I have been using different 10.1 versions since they leaked out (long before the "official" release mid may) and never had any delays. This started yesterday for me. I will now revert back from 10.1.0.2342 to 10.1.0.2009 which has been the best build for me so far. Not interested at all in going back to 10.0. Will update if there is any change in EAS push for me as well as with the answer from Google asap.
    05-26-13 01:43 PM
    If it is really an 10.1 issue why did I get all my Google Apps emails immediately delivered since may? No matter if I was using a 10.0.x build or a 10.1 build. I have been using different 10.1 versions since they leaked out (long before the "official" release mid may) and never had any delays. This started yesterday for me. I will now revert back from 10.1.0.2342 to 10.1.0.2009 which has been the best build for me so far. Not interested at all in going back to 10.0. Will update if there is any change in EAS push for me as well as with the answer from Google asap.
    I agree with you, I have no issue on 10.1.1880 for weeks, then the problem started happening on Friday.. I don't think 10.1 is the issue. I skipped over .2009 but I'm now on .2342 and the problem persists.

Also, I am now noticing the problem on my blackbook over bridge as well (not bridge email obviously, as that would make sense, but this is a z10, no bridge email..I am noticing it on my PlayBook using its own EAS connection over bridge data) and it seems when I do get a bulk pile of messages come through, they arrive on my Z10 and my PlayBook at the same time.. so it's almost like that's when they are being pushed by either Google or the EAS server.. I will check when I get home if the PlayBook replicates the problem over wifi.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 01:51 PM
    Not sure. Again, on the first release of 10.1 I had no issues either, for four days. Then it stopped working and hasn't worked since. When I roll back to 10.0.9.422 my mail works perfectly again.

I now have my EAS account set up with a rule to forward any mail to my outlook.com account. At least I then know if I have to open my mail in a browser to reply. Yes, my Gmail, Outlook.com, and Yahoo! accounts all work fine. Just the EAS corporate account doesn't receive mails real-time.

Also, I'm the only one in the company running 10.1. I'm the only one with mail issues.
    05-26-13 01:56 PM
    My Z10 was without any SIM on WiFi for the last two days on two different ISPs in Switzerland (VDSL and cable) - no changes. Put my SIM twice for testing - no changes.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 01:59 PM
    I agree with you, I have no issue on 10.1.1880 for weeks, then the problem started happening on Friday.. I don't think 10.1 is the issue. I skipped over .2009 but I'm now on .2342 and the problem persists.

Also, I am now noticing the problem on my blackbook over bridge as well (not bridge email obviously, as that would make sense, but this is a z10, no bridge email..I am noticing it on my PlayBook using its own EAS connection over bridge data) and it seems when I do get a bulk pile of messages come through, they arrive on my Z10 and my PlayBook at the same time.. so it's almost like that's when they are being pushed by either Google or the EAS server.. I will check when I get home if the PlayBook replicates the problem over wifi.

Posted via CB10
    My PlayBook gets my EAS mail instantly over WiFi. I get the notification on the PlayBook and then wait for hours for it to come to my Z10.
    05-26-13 02:00 PM
    This is off topic, but since people on this thread use GAPPS and active sync I would like to ask if you can now add participants to calendar events? This was not working on my Z10 (10.1.0.1756) when I tried a few weeks ago. I'd prefer to us active sync when this gets fixed.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 02:51 PM
    I use (-d) Active sync while it worked only for push email.

Best way to configure Calendar with Google Apps is CalDAV - not only it works better and allows you to invite participants, you also get the shared calendar sync too.

CardDAV is better for contacts - some of my contacts were missing on BlackBerry using EAS - fixed with CardDAV.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 03:06 PM
    Thanks Alexey. I'm using Caldev and Cardev but I don't like IMAP. I didn't know I could mix with active sync. If the gapps problem gets fixed I will try to change the email to active sync.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 03:26 PM
    Problem is, you can't add caldav with participants unless you gave imap setup as well

Two accounts with the same email. Annoying

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 06:16 PM
    It works for me with e-mail as EAS, calendar as CalDAV, contacts as CardDAV.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 06:37 PM
    Thank you. Sorry to hear about your trouble, but as Alexey said, I'm glad more users are starting to report the problem. It will hopefully lead to a speedier resolution for all of us.. I too intend to submit a ticket with google as soon as time permits. I've also submitted a ticket for escalation with my carrier that will hopefully make its way to Blackberry. Its a shame that we don't have the ability to submit issues to blackberry directly.

As far as being sure the problem stems from EAS and not Google.. maybe, but that's still going to require a ticket with google, because Google is the EAS subscriber in this scenario, so enough tickets raised with google from Google apps subscribers will cause Google to determine that EAS is the problem, and thus they will then in turn raise a ticket with Microsoft. Still though, as I said before.. whether the 'problem' or change that's causing our problem stems from Google or from EAS.. the fact still remains that it appears iphones and androids are unaffected, so it will likely be upto Blackberry to conform then for either of those companies to fix.. again why it would be nice if we could submit tickets to blackberry directly.

At this point keep submitting tickets to Google, keep submitting tickets to your carriers and demand those tickets be escalated to blackberry and keep talking about it on this forum and encouraging any other users experiencing the issue to come forward and to submit the aforementioned tickets.

P.S, I've been on 10.1 for weeks with no issues, I only started having problems Friday night, and since then I've now upgraded to the latest leak and the problem persists.

Posted via CB10

Quick Fix!

INCREDIBLE! I have the exact same same same problem as of Friday.

I spoke to my carrier which transferred me to blackberry FINALLY after speaking to them for an hour. Long story short got to speak with high level tech he said to disable push in advanced settings and do 5 minute intervals and BANG email work flawlessly.

It is soooo weird but since I turned push off and email is still pushed to my z10 instantly. Getting emails as fast as my ipad and syncing instantly again.

Blackberry tech said this is a google issue and it probably will be fixed by Tuesday as it is Memorial Day tomorrow.

He said google is usually really good and takes max two business days to resolve/fix issues.

I have wiped reinstalled and deleted email etc. and nothing. Same crap. It is a push problem from google.

I opened up a google apps ticket and they said they Do not support this particular device (z10) but then said blackberry is the issue software wise which is B.S.
    Last edited by babydisco; 05-26-13 at 09:54 PM.
    05-26-13 09:34 PM
    Quick Fix!

INCREDIBLE! I have the exact same same same problem as of Friday.

I spoke to my carrier which transferred me to blackberry FINALLY after speaking to them for an hour. Long story short got to speak with high level tech he said to disable push in advanced settings and do 5 minute intervals and BANG email work flawlessly.

It is soooo weird but since I turned push off and email is still pushed to my z10 instantly. Getting emails as fast as my ipad and syncing instantly again.

Blackberry tech said this is a google issue and it probably will be fixed by Tuesday as it is Memorial Day tomorrow.

He said google is usually really good and takes max two business days to resolve/fix issues.

I have wiped reinstalled and deleted email etc. and nothing. Same crap. It is a push problem from google.

I opened up a google apps ticket and they said they Do not support this particular device (z10) but then said blackberry is the issue software wise which is B.S.
    Not sure why I didn't think of this myself... anyway I just switched it to 5 minute polling and sent myself a few test emails, it's certainly not instant, but the messages do come through within the 5 minutes.

A five minute delay is not acceptable as a long term solution by any means, and another thing to keep in mind is switching from push to polling will negatively impact battery life, but for the time being I'll take it as a temporary fix, it's certainly better then the hour or more it's been taking for my messages to come in for the last 3 days.

Somehow I doubt that a company like Google doesn't have 24/7 IT support... seems unlikely that a fix for a known issue would be out off to next business day.. but here's hoping.

As for the "we don't support the z10" typical Google response. It supports all the protocols we use, buuuttt we don't support it because it's a blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 10:51 PM
    I turned off push, set polling interval to 5 minutes - it sort of works but even manual refresh is not pulling updates from the server.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Alexey Prudkov; 05-27-13 at 12:44 AM.
    05-27-13 12:20 AM
    Update:
    I decided to start from scratch and installed 10.1.0.1880. Did not restore any backup just added my GAPPS accounts from scratch as always configured as EAS with push. Instant delivery as it was for weeks! I do not have any answer from Google yet but seems they have fixed something on their side. Will report back if the instant delivery should vanish again...
    05-27-13 03:22 AM
    I'm using the leaked 1880 build and I have over 14 thousand conversations in my inbox.

I have also a lot of emails (more than 100K conversations) in my All mail folder which is synced by default - probably we are hitting a space limit on the device.

Honestly, I'm surprised you people syncing folders that large didn't have issues months ago.

Can I ask you how you even physically manage, from a UI standpoint, folders with 100,000 conversations (presumably that means at least 200,000 messages and perhaps way higher) in a SINGLE FOLDER on a Z10/Q10?

But I still can't figure out how to sync my calendar. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get caldav to recognize my email/password combo.

If you're on one of the recently-released 10.1 builds, several users have reported issues with CalDAV support.

As far as being sure the problem stems from EAS and not Google.. maybe, but that's still going to require a ticket with google, because Google is the EAS subscriber in this scenario, so enough tickets raised with google from Google apps subscribers will cause Google to determine that EAS is the problem, and thus they will then in turn raise a ticket with Microsoft.

There is no "ticket to raise" with Microsoft since Google is not using Microsoft groupware products. EAS is a publicly documented protocol which Microsoft simply licenses the IP behind. They don't license or approve specific implementations of it.

And you can rest assured that Google will add their own proprietary stuff into it somehow, that's what they always seem to do with "communication standards".

Honestly, the way that they have increasingly started circling the wagons and hunkering-down more and more into their own walled-garden, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they sort-of accidentally on purpose made things break on non-Google/Android platforms from time-to-time. It's one of those dirty little secrets of how a lot of these big I.T. companies "compete" these days.
    05-27-13 03:54 AM
    My Inbox contains only most recent conversations for matters I'm currently dealing with. Everything else is archived - in All mail folder and is not visible in Inbox but available for search - Google's view of email I had hard times to embrace but now it is the way I work.

On iDevices I use Mailbox app and find it really useful as it helps deal with emails really quickly: Mailbox - Put Email In Its Place
    05-27-13 04:01 AM
    I've heard good things about Mailbox. I hope Dropbox doesn't ruin it.

So when you say it's "archived" - what do you mean exactly? Because one way or another, if you have some folder on the device that you're syncing and it has a million messages in it, you're going to have problems.

I assume then that you're not using the new "forever" sync timeframe option for EAS, and instead are only seeing ~30 days of actual messages and using remote search when you want to see something older?
    05-27-13 04:04 AM
    Google uses labels instead of folders - you can have several for each message. Inbox is also a label. Archiving a message means you just drop the Inbox label from a message. When you have server side search you don't need to sync all your messages - I'm syncing only a month of messages - the rest is server side searchable
    05-27-13 04:10 AM
148 12345 ...