Google might be rolling out new features, they do it progressively, we are in the same batch and, chances are, no other users in this small batch of several hundreds of thousands people do not use Z10s in EAS mode

My domain is on a rapid release cycle, BTW.
    I'm on rapid release as well.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 01:48 PM
    I've been experiencing the delayed emails coming in as bunches since yesterday afternoon on both my personal gmail and my work gmail account which is an edu or university address. I have no idea what's causing it but I haven't had time to contact my carrier yet. I'm on Tmobile in the US by the way.
    Do you know of your edu account uses Google apps for education? Many of them do.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 01:50 PM
    I deleted the account on the Z10, deleted the device in Google Apps admin panel, waited for 24 hours, wiped my Z10, configured the account again - same results - only the initial sync succeeds
    05-26-13 04:16 AM
    Since 830 tonight I have only received email in 3 chunks, several at a time, up to an hour and a half after they were received in my mailbox.. doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

Used to be I would blame something like this on a BIS outage, but on my Z10 using EAS this can't be a blackberry issue from my understanding.. it doesn't seem to be a Google issue, as messages are received in my mailbox and viewable from the Web interface right away.. so an EAS issue? Is that a thing?

Anyone else experiencing problems tonight?

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately many issues were wrongly blamed on a BIS outage, every device or carrier issue too. BIS was/is far more reliable than people think.
    05-26-13 04:37 AM
    Do you know of your edu account uses Google apps for education? Many of them do.

Posted via CB10
    I know we use it for staff and faculty, Google apps that is, but I'm assuming we use the Google apps for education I just can't confirm that today. I did get my email working fine with IMAP and used a third party app to solve my contacts issue. But I still can't figure out how to sync my calendar. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get caldav to recognize my email/password combo.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 09:09 AM
    I know we use it for staff and faculty, Google apps that is, but I'm assuming we use the Google apps for education I just can't confirm that today. I did get my email working fine with IMAP and used a third party app to solve my contacts issue. But I still can't figure out how to sync my calendar. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get caldav to recognize my email/password combo.

Posted via CB10
    For CalDAV try putting the server name: www.google.com (not just google.com)
    05-26-13 09:14 AM
    I upgraded to the latest leak .2342 last night.. the problem persists.

Haven't had a chance to call Google yet.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 09:38 AM
    Mine syncs only one last message (after deleting / adding the account).

Really strange that we are only 3 to report this issue...

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 09:46 AM
    Mine syncs only one last message (after deleting / adding the account).

Really strange that we are only 3 to report this issue...

Posted via CB10
    Mine does that too, that's why I thought It was fixed after enabling 2 step authentication on friday as my carrier suggested... about a half hour later I received an email on time, but then no more.

I agree that it's very strange that we are the only 3 having a problem..

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 10:03 AM
    Just tried with another user's account in our domain - same thing - only first sync and then nothing.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 10:16 AM
    Just tested with another Google Apps domain I manage (also on rapid release) - same problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 10:40 AM
    For CalDAV try putting the server name: www.google.com (not just google.com)
    Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it still isn't recognizing my password.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 10:49 AM
    I'd be tempted to say that the problem is on Google's side.

I tried with several accounts on different Google Apps domains, admin and non admin users.

The sync stopped suddenly after working (for two days for me, but still - it worked) - no OS updates, no config changes.

On the other hand - it is still working on all other devices I have - iPhones and iPads.
    05-26-13 11:10 AM
    I'd be tempted to say that the problem is on Google's side.

I tried with several accounts on different Google Apps domains, admin and non admin users.

The sync stopped suddenly after working (for two days for me, but still - it worked) - no OS updates, no config changes.

On the other hand - it is still working on all other devices I have - iPhones and iPads.
    And that right there is why its going to be hard to get anyone to own up to it.. I tend to agree It likely IS a change that google made that is causing the problem.. BUT.. google is going to sell "Well it still works perfectly on iphone's and androids.." so even though google may have caused the problem, Blackberry will likely have to implement a change to theway it's devices communicate with Google's exchange servers and conform to google's change.
    05-26-13 11:23 AM
    At this point it would just be nice to hear that Blackberry is aware of the issue and either working on a fix from their end, or at least communicating with Google about a possible solution.
    05-26-13 11:26 AM
    I have exactly the same issue. 3 Google Apps accounts. Instant push on a Galaxy Nexus (Android). No push on my Z10 since yesterday evening. All 3 accounts were working with instant delivery for the last months without any issues on the Z10 (configured as Exchange Active Sync). I will raise a ticket at Google and ask them if they have anything changed affecting the communication with a BB10 device.
    05-26-13 11:44 AM
    I have exactly the same issue. 3 Google Apps accounts. Instant push on a Galaxy Nexus (Android). No push on my Z10 since yesterday evening. All 3 accounts were working with instant delivery for the last months without any issues on the Z10 (configured as Exchange Active Sync). I will raise a ticket at Google and ask them if they have anything changed affecting the communication with a BB10 device.
    Can sound inappropriate but I'm glad to hear we are not the only ones with this problem.

For you it was yesterday, we got the problem a bit earlier - which kind of confirms the theory that Google is rolling out an update to it's servers that only BB implementation of EAS doesn't "like"
    05-26-13 11:57 AM
    It's not a google issue, it's an EAS issue. I've had the same issue on all versions of 10.1 on my corporate EAS account. Been working with BB for over a week on it. I think that the newest leak may have solved it. The key is to give it time to fully sync everything (about 12-18 hours) and then see if email is coming in. I was previously getting it every 18-24 hours in a big batch. With 2342 it seemed to follow the same pattern at the beginning - initial sync worked, then nothing. But then the next morning about 12 hours later it started to get email regularly again. Since it's the weekend it's hard to tell if it really is working (not a lot of corporate email on the weekend) but as of noon yesterday it seems to be working.

Bottom line, this isn't a google thing, it's an EAS thing. Mine worked fine on all 10.0 versions, and then stopped working on all 10.1 versions (though 2342 seems to work after about 12 hours).
    05-26-13 11:58 AM
    I spoke too soon. It's not working this afternoon. Just sent a test message to confirm. Came into my PC and PlayBook. Nothing on my Z10.
    05-26-13 12:07 PM
    at least if BlackBerry is aware of the problem there's hope that this will be fixed someday

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 12:14 PM
    Can sound inappropriate but I'm glad to hear we are not the only ones with this problem.
    :-)
    For you it was yesterday, we got the problem a bit earlier - which kind of confirms the theory that Google is rolling out an update to it's servers that only BB implementation of EAS doesn't "like"
    I have raised a ticket now and will post an update as soon as I have a statement from the Google Apps support
    grover5 likes this.
    05-26-13 12:15 PM
    :-)

I have raised a ticket now and will post an update as soon as I have a statement from the Google Apps support
    It's not a Google Apps issue. Downgrade back to 10.0 and you won't have the problem.

I don't use Google Apps and I gave the same problem on my corporate EAS account.

It's a 10.1 issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 12:22 PM
    It's not a Google Apps issue. Downgrade back to 10.0 and you won't have the problem.
    I don't use Google Apps and I gave the same problem on my corporate EAS account.
    It's a 10.1 issue.
    Sorry but this is definitevely wrong as I use EAS Push with Google Apps for weeks without any issue on 10.1.
    05-26-13 12:41 PM
    Sorry but this is definitevely wrong as I use EAS Push with Google Apps for weeks without any issue on 10.1.
    I had no issues with the first 10.1 leak (installed within a couple days of leak) for four days, then it stopped working. I assure you, I don't use Google Apps, and I have the same problem with my corporate EAS account. Been working with BB since May 16th on the issue.

I guarantee you that if you roll back to any 10.0 release the problem will be gone.
    05-26-13 12:46 PM
    I suppose getting any time frame for a fix to be pushed from BlackBerry is not possible...

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 01:04 PM
148 1234 ...