Since 830 tonight I have only received email in 3 chunks, several at a time, up to an hour and a half after they were received in my mailbox.. doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

Used to be I would blame something like this on a BIS outage, but on my Z10 using EAS this can't be a blackberry issue from my understanding.. it doesn't seem to be a Google issue, as messages are received in my mailbox and viewable from the Web interface right away.. so an EAS issue? Is that a thing?

Anyone else experiencing problems tonight?

Posted via CB10

AS I KNOW MANY WILL NOT READ THROUGH THE ENTIRE THREAD, I WILL SUMMARIZE HERE WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR

EDIT#3

No official word from google yet, but many users including myself are finding the problem to be rectified as of this morning. All my emails are coming in instantly again, and a few other users have reported the same!

EDIT #2
    I just got a call back from Google, they have informed me this is now a known issue!!!! The emgeneering team is working on it, and they do intend to correct it. There is no ETA for a fix at this time, but for google to admit a problem and put a team on it is great progress!!

EDIT#1

- Several BB10 users are experiencing a severe delay in email delivery using google apps over EAS. Sometimes up to 2 hours before a message is received. sent messages appear unaffected.

- The problem seems to have started Thursday May 24th and is ongoing.

- One BB10 user is experiencing the problem with another EAS provider, it was considered that this might be an EAS issue but it seems that users issue is likely unrelated.

- The issue persists over different carriers as well as on wifi

- The issues persists on OS 10.0, the stock 10.1 and various leaks of 10.1

- Multiple users have escalated tickets to Blackberry regarding the issue through their carriers or otherwise. All users experiencing the problem should do the same. More open tickets will lead to more resources working on the issue.

- Multiple users have opened tickets with google in regards to the issue. Google's support for the Z10 is limited to instructing the user to delete and re-add the account. After which they say the problem must be on Blackberry's side BUT increasingly they are becoming aware of an issue affecting some ios users in which they are not receiving mail notifications over EAS. Google does not pro-actively support the Z10, and thus are only admitting to a problem affecting ios users at this time, but logic would suggest the issues we are having might stem from the same issue. Google has not yet determined in the problem affecting ios users stems from googles side or apples side. They are working with apple to determine a cause. The evidence in my opinion points to a problem on googles end, but in the event that apple comes up with a workaround rather then google correcting the problem, Blackberry should be investigating possible work arounds as well, thus the need to continue to open tickets with your carrier and/or blackberry.

- turning off push, and selecting 5 minute intervals in the EAS setttings seems to be a temporary workaround, its extremely battery intensive, and it's still not instant, but you get messages in about 5 minutes rather then the hour or more we've been experiencing.

- you'll have to ignore babydisco, he and his 15 posts think they know everything, and even though he's throwing his Z10 in the river and going back to apple he feels a need to disrupt this thread.
    Last edited by just_luc; 07-11-13 at 03:22 PM.
    niloch and geodorn like this.
    05-23-13 10:20 PM
    Same for me on Z10 and the problem still persists. Tried deleting account, deleting the device from Google Apps Admin Control Panel, adding account - syncs the first time and then nothing for hours.
    05-24-13 07:38 AM
    It seems I'm still having issues this morning as well.. I woke up to a bunch of messages and thought everything was back to normal, but I see now I got another email at 8:44 that hasn't shown up on my device yet and it's 9:18..

Also, sending mail seems fine. Everything I send shows up in the Web interface sent folder right away, just not anything incoming.

What OS version are you on? How many total messages in your inbox?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 08:19 AM
    I'm on a stock 10.1.0.1720. Only 5 conversations in my inbox (everything else is archived right after I read and reply - only pending "tasks" remain).

Yesterday was my first full day with Z10... I'm really trying to love the device and there's a lot to love about it but I had to put the SIM back into my iPhone 5 (really need e-mail on the go).

E-mail is pushed instantly to the iPhone with the same account and still nothing on the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 08:43 AM
    Just got a refreshed view in the Hub of what's in the Inbox. Tried to archive a conversation in the web interface - no changes in the Hub. Tried a manual Refresh - no changes, tried to rebuild the Hub (four diagonal swipes) - no changes.
    05-24-13 09:05 AM
    Same here...

No emails since 8.59AM EST
    05-24-13 09:13 AM
    Tried to setup an account using a server running Zimbra 8 (EAS compliant) - emails are pushed normally, so the problem is specific to Google Apps.

No signs of any problems with Google Apps: Apps Status Dashboard
    05-24-13 09:31 AM
    I'm on a stock 10.1.0.1720. Only 5 conversations in my inbox (everything else is archived right after I read and reply - only pending "tasks" remain).

Yesterday was my first full day with Z10... I'm really trying to love the device and there's a lot to love about it but I had to put the SIM back into my iPhone 5 (really need e-mail on the go).

E-mail is pushed instantly to the iPhone with the same account and still nothing on the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Hrmmmm, I'm just going through our difference so I can see possible points of the problem since we both have the issue, and it seems we have almost nothing in common except for a Z10, Google apps and EAS.

I'm using the leaked 1880 build and I have over 14 thousand conversations in my inbox.

I've also just noticed that when I send an email from the Web interface, it shows up instantly as a sent message on my Z10 (and I previously mentioned mail I send from my z10 is showing up instantly as sent in the Web interface) so sync is happening..its just incoming messages that are experience the delay.

I didn't realize you had just gotten the z10 yesterday, I will tell you this isn't just how email is on the z10, I've had mine since February 5th and my email was instant for the last 4 months up until last night.. so there is some kind of issue.

So you say the same account... still setup over EAS... is working without delay on your iPhone? Hrmmm... that would mean the problem is somehow with Blackberry.. but how can that be? As fas as I know email on BB10 is completely independent of blackerry's servers..

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 09:38 AM
    Well, yesterday email was instant for me too.

Just double-checked - email is instantly pushed to iPhone for the same account configured as EAS.

No BES, direct connection to Google so BlackBerry servers are not involved.

BTW, my Sent Items are not syncing correctly - as my Inbox - last email synced at 15:52 (17:03 here right now) and I've sent already more than 10 since...
    05-24-13 10:04 AM
    Can't really be just the 3 of us experiencing problems.. I'm surprised I'm not seeing the forums blow up with threads about this...

Hrmmm.. contacting Google will yield zero results.. contacting Blackberry is nearly impossible.. I guess a call to my carrier is all that's left. Oh, that's something I didn't ask.. I'm in Canada, in Rogers, you? And the other user who said he hadn't received email this morning?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:25 AM
    I'm in Switzerland with Swisscom, sim-free (just bought the Z10 to test). The problem is both on wireless and WiFi - not a connection or firewall issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:29 AM
    I'm in Switzerland with Swisscom, sim-free (just bought the Z10 to test). The problem is both on wireless and WiFi - not a connection or firewall issue.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I am having the issue persist over wife as well.. It's not a carrier issue, but by calling the carrier if I get someone half way intelligent I should be able to get a ticket escalated to blackberry teir 1

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:40 AM
    Hope customer care is better in Canada, especially for BlackBerry

I don't really think that the problem is only with our Z10s and it is most probably not on Google's side.

What strikes me is that people at BlackBerry do not test thoroughly new firmware, especially with Google - largest e-mail provider on this planet.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:52 AM
    Hope customer care is better in Canada, especially for BlackBerry

I don't really think that the problem is only with our Z10s and it is most probably not on Google's side.

What strikes me is that people at BlackBerry do not test thoroughly new firmware, especially with Google - largest e-mail provider on this planet.

Posted via CB10
    Hard to point to the firmware as the issue, we are both on different versions, and I've been on this version for at least a week or more without issue until last night..
    05-24-13 11:04 AM
    On with Rogers support for the second time now.. still trying to get put through to Blackberry tier one.. as expected they are saying they can`t put me through.. I called Blackberry support direct, they are happy to try and help but tell me I have to be put through by the carrier and to keep trying..
    05-24-13 11:07 AM
    You are right.

On the other hand, we don't know what was changed in the leaked version you have... they are not rewriting all the code for each version

Bad thing - we can't check Google server logs to see what is preventing the sync for our Z10s.

I have also a lot of emails (more than 100K conversations) in my All mail folder which is synced by default - probably we are hitting a space limit on the device.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 11:16 AM
    So I never did get transferred to Blackberry, but I did get escalated up to the network team inside Rogers (these guys are generally pretty good) and they said it was a known issue, and that enabling google's 2 step authentication solves it for some reason.. you need to check the "enable users to turn on 2 step authentication" box from the google apps control panel if you havent already done so, then visit google.com/2step to set it up.. then create a device specific password for your Z10, then delete your google apps account from your Z10 and re-add it using the newly generated password.. I did so, and knock on wood so far it does seem to be working...
    05-24-13 11:41 AM
    Thanks! Will try a bit later and post results here
    05-24-13 11:45 AM
    I take it back.. it's not working. I received two new emails 12 minutes ago, they still haven't shown up on my Z10..

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 12:16 PM
    Hopefully, BB and CB can jump in and help figure this one out. I'm keeping an eye on how and how soon this is resolved.
    Good luck guys!
    just_luc likes this.
    05-24-13 12:39 PM
    I take it back.. it's not working. I received two new emails 12 minutes ago, they still haven't shown up on my Z10..

Posted via CB10
    That was the first sync after deleting/re-adding the account I wrote about

Strange thing - my folders are synced once every 2-3 hours.
    just_luc likes this.
    05-24-13 12:50 PM
    Hopefully, BB and CB can jump in and help figure this one out. I'm keeping an eye on how and how soon this is resolved.
    Good luck guys!
    I'm very surprised there aren't more threads, and more people reporting the problem... It can't just be 3 of us.

Also, my Gmail account which has legacy active sync access seems to be working fine. It's just my Google apps account that isn't working.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 01:05 PM
    I'm out of time to deal with this for today, I'll have to try and call Google apps support Sunday I suppose. Until then I gets its a refresh on Gmail in the browser every few minutes....

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 01:06 PM
    Google might be rolling out new features, they do it progressively, we are in the same batch and, chances are, no other users in this small batch of several hundreds of thousands people do not use Z10s in EAS mode

My domain is on a rapid release cycle, BTW.
    just_luc likes this.
    05-24-13 01:32 PM
    I've been experiencing the delayed emails coming in as bunches since yesterday afternoon on both my personal gmail and my work gmail account which is an edu or university address. I have no idea what's causing it but I haven't had time to contact my carrier yet. I'm on Tmobile in the US by the way.
    just_luc likes this.
    05-24-13 01:39 PM
148 123 ...