In my opinion, there are way too many threads/posts on who has received 10.3.1 and who doesn't have it. The mods have done a good job of trying to keep this in one thread, but it is a lot to read through and not sure it is really adding value to everyone. I'm sure there is value to some, but I think it would be much easier to get the information to everyone through the use of a dashboard/matrix that puts devices on one axis and carriers on the other one and at the intersection you can colour code it red or green or have a radio button to show which carrier and corresponding device has received the update. Perhaps this exists somewhere already, but I haven't seen it.

Would this be possible? The information, I assume, can be gleaned from the Official announcement thread and/or through Sachesi. Perhaps you can even have a yellow/amber colour to suggest that it has been reported but not verified.

Anyway, just thought this would look good on the front page so that the information can be quickly consumed and hopefully avoid many posts asking whether update is available for "x" carrier on "y" device.

edit ... oh shoot. Title should say "status", not stats. Although I guess stats can be computed from the dashboard.
    02-19-15 08:59 PM
    Good idea, but don't know if it can implement. People still won't read it, and will still post new threads.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    02-20-15 02:33 PM
    I think that if this was posted as a sticky on the front page, it would "reduce" the number of posts and people can quickly check and also refer others to it. I know there will still be a number of "what about me" posts, but I would like to think it would be a lot less. Perhaps wishful thinking.

We can already see the number of hits and comments on the 10.3.1 Announcement post that was "stickied" by Bla1ze. So if Bla1ze posted and updated the dashboard so that it is the first thing everyone sees as they enter the site, I'm sure many would look at it. After all, it is Bla1ze, and you know how the Crackberry world salivates when he posts. If it was Kevin posting, that is a different story .. haha
    02-20-15 03:49 PM
    I like this idea but wish it was implemented by BlackBerry. On the CB end, there's one glaring task that may become very difficult to manage: the sheer number of carriers. If you miss a couple, as hamsterwheel said, you're still going to get "I don't use the search function or look at stickies, so tell me when is 10.3.1 coming to ___" AND you're going to get "when is 10.3.1 coming to my (matrix unlisted) carrier?" and why is my carrier ___ not in the matrix?"

BB would know exactly which carriers they have partnerships with for what phones (e.g. AT&T for the Z10 and Q10, but not the Q5, Z30. Etc,) so they could create a non-commentable database or something. And then everyone would come to vent and complain to CB
    02-27-15 01:24 PM
    I would be happy either way. I don't expect that this matrix will be complete and include all carriers right away. It is a dynamic document that the mods/admins can update over time. Continuous improvement, as the consultants would say.

However, the main carriers will be captured of course and then we can deal with the one-offs later. At least this would reduce the amount of posts asking where is x.x.x update for x carrier. Again, i'm not saying that it would eliminate it. That is impossible. But it would make things a lot better if it was the first thing you see on the main page.

If we were to get a little more fancy, perhaps we can make it so that the matrix can be filtered by carrier or region (e.g. Rogers, Bell, Telus, etc. or more broadly as "Canadian based carriers" or "US based carriers", etc.).

Agreed, if this was implemented by Blackberry, even better. We can just link it from Crackberry or direct folks to the location. We will always get the complaints here on CB, but hopefully that will decrease.
    02-27-15 04:06 PM